Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who were the teams Amazon filmed last year?

If it was Crows and Collingwood, that’s pretty lucky picking!

The shows are great for other sports.

The films follow individual more so than teams:

The AFL series—which is currently untitled—will launch exclusively on Amazon Prime video to more than 200 countries in 2021.

The series will take a look behind the scenes of an AFL season that has been heavily affected by the Coronavirus pandemic. It follows four players, a coach, and a club administrator across six different teams.

Starring in the docu-series will be Richmond Football Club President, Peggy O'Neal, Gold Coast Suns coach Stewart Dew, and players Nic Naitanui (West Coast), Eddie Betts (Carlton), Rory Sloane (Adelaide), and Stephen Coniglio (GWS).

ST KILDA has made its ninth delisting of the off-season, informing defender Shane Savage he won't be offered a contract for 2021.

The 29-year-old will seek a third club when the delisted free agency window opens on Thursday after 109 games at the Saints following 56 at Hawthorn from 2009-2013.

He'd walk into the 22 of half the clubs in the league. Looked great in the semi final.

I've hated Fogartys king dick attitude since his draft year when he went from being a strong chance at being the number 1 pick to just a middling first round pick. BUT, you break his arrogance down, you break his fitness down and build him up again and there is a very good prospect there.

I agree with Portia that the Crows were the worst possible place he could go. I dunno what they've done to him but they've turned him into an absolute plodder. He's too big, clearly isn't fit enough and just wanders around doing * all.

BUT, get him fit, he is super quick off the mark, he's an excellent contested mark and we know he's a dead eye dick.

There's a quality AFL player, if he wants be.

I've hated Fogartys king dick attitude since his draft year when he went from being a strong chance at being the number 1 pick to just a middling first round pick. BUT, you break his arrogance down, you break his fitness down and build him up again and there is a very good prospect there.

I agree with Portia that the Crows were the worst possible place he could go. I dunno what they've done to him but they've turned him into an absolute plodder. He's too big, clearly isn't fit enough and just wanders around doing fu** all.

BUT, get him fit, he is super quick off the mark, he's an excellent contested mark and we know he's a dead eye dick.

It's his attitude.

Hes just a country lad who wants to sink piss with his mates and kick goals.

The penny might drop but it is looking less and less likely.

I mean is he really any more talented than Jarrod Redden?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with Portia that the Crows were the worst possible place he could go. I dunno what they've done to him but they've turned him into an absolute plodder. He's too big, clearly isn't fit enough and just wanders around doing fu** all.

As good as any player on the set shot .

ST KILDA has made its ninth delisting of the off-season, informing defender Shane Savage he won't be offered a contract for 2021.

The 29-year-old will seek a third club when the delisted free agency window opens on Thursday after 109 games at the Saints following 56 at Hawthorn from 2009-2013.

29 yo - and a half back flanker. :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Pass.

Mitch Cleary's delisted 22

B:
Marty Gleeson (Ess), Oscar McDonald (Melb), Matt Scharenberg (Coll)
HB: Shane Savage (STK), Majak Daw (NM), Lewis Jetta (WC)
C: Jordan Gallucci (Adel), Matt Kennedy (Carl), Ed Phillips (STK)
HF: Riley Knight (Adel), Jonathon Marsh (STK), Mason Wood (NM)
F: Jacob Townsend (Ess), Sam Skinner (Bris), Matthew Parker (STK)
R: Jackson Trengove (WB), James Parsons (Geel), Dylan Clarke (Ess)
I: Kyle Dunkley (Melb), Billy Gowers (WB), Heath Shaw (GWS), Jasper Pittard (NM)

Mitch Cleary's delisted 22

B:
Marty Gleeson (Ess), Oscar McDonald (Melb), Matt Scharenberg (Coll)
HB: Shane Savage (STK), Majak Daw (NM), Lewis Jetta (WC)
C: Jordan Gallucci (Adel), Matt Kennedy (Carl), Ed Phillips (STK)
HF: Riley Knight (Adel), Jonathon Marsh (STK), Mason Wood (NM)
F: Jacob Townsend (Ess), Sam Skinner (Bris), Matthew Parker (STK)
R: Jackson Trengove (WB), James Parsons (Geel), Dylan Clarke (Ess)
I: Kyle Dunkley (Melb), Billy Gowers (WB), Heath Shaw (GWS), Jasper Pittard (NM)

That team would beat the crows.

That team would beat the crows.
Sam Skinner is kicking 10 on them.

So have I got this right?

If Adelaide have to keep one spot for Hately then they have to select Borlase at 56 or hope he falls to the rookie draft.

If they pick up 1 DFA (likely) then they have to select Borlase at 40 or hope he falls to the rookie draft.

If they want to keep one pick for the mid season draft (would be very wise given the amount of players with limited exposure that could show far they have come on in the early part of the season) then they would need to pick Borlase at pick 23 or hope he falls to the rookie draft.

There is a chance he could still be there at one of our late picks and the Crows may not have a list spot to match it.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah the optimism. Seems the Cries and Boos will be playing off in a GF in three years lol.

No wonder Rhyce Shaw had a breakdown if this was the sort of entirely unrealistic pressure they were putting on him. Poor bloke.

2 to 3 years of wooden spoons should give them some choice draft picks, which would be a start.
Richmond / Hardwick should be a template, not to win a flag, but a path to improvement.

They were a basket case in 2009 when they sacked Wallace. They got Martin in the 2009 draft despite Melbourne being worse and getting picks 1 and 2 and taking Scully and Trengove.

Dimma lost his first 9 games he coached, but managed to have a 6-16 season and finish 15th in 2010. Then wins 8.5 games and 10.5 games in 2011 and 2012 with the pool of players they could draft, being affected by the expansion teams raids on the draft. They win 15 games in 2013 finish 5th but lose the elimination final.

If North aren't planning for that sort of progress over 4 years, given their list, then they are being unrealistic if they think they can push for a GF in 3 or 4 years time.

So have I got this right?

If Adelaide have to keep one spot for Hately then they have to select Borlase at 56 or hope he falls to the rookie draft.

If they pick up 1 DFA (likely) then they have to select Borlase at 40 or hope he falls to the rookie draft.

If they want to keep one pick for the mid season draft (would be very wise given the amount of players with limited exposure that could show har far they have come on in the early part of the season) then they would need to pick Borlase at pick 23 or hope he falls to the rookie draft.

There is a chance he could still be there at one of our late picks and the Crows may not have a list spot to match it.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
I like your optimism but there is no way they let Port take Borlase. How s**t does that sound.

Where is Borlase actually rated in the talent pool? he's a nice athletic build (unsurprisingly) I don't know much else about him.

No wonder Rhyce Shaw had a breakdown if this was the sort of entirely unrealistic pressure they were putting on him. Poor bloke.

The main reason Shaw got the job was because he told the board that they were close to a premiership after Brad Scott had told them 'fellas, it's time for a rebuild'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back