Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hardly travelled at all though. They pretty much stayed in the one place. They didn't "sleep in their own beds" but they were almost permanently staying in a resort, with good weather, a pool, a golf course and their mates with them. Some had family too. Richmond for example made 3 trips to Adelaide and one to Sydney in nearly 4 months including finals.

Whilst the Port boys got to "sleep in their own beds", they weren't exactly allowed to do much other than train, and go get a coffee (which apparently is the most important thing in the world for a footballer). Port's travel routine was far more strenuous than virtually all of the Vic teams.

But they were on the road for 100+ days.

Where would you rather be?

We aren't talking about me popo. I know you are king SA great boo Victoria etc but the fact is they were away from home for 100+ days and that is unusual for a sports team anywhere in the world.

We aren't talking about me popo. I know you are king SA great boo Victoria etc but the fact is they were away from home for 100+ days and that is unusual for a sports team anywhere in the world.

Yep almost as bad as the of the 1972 Uruguayan Rugby team. Although they were only on the road for 72 days. Couldn't get a decent coffee or meal either.

There is a big difference to being on the road for 100+ days and being permanently based in one spot for the same time. The reason being on the road is hard is that it throws out routines and ability to train (NBA/MLB) as time is taken up in travel.

The Vic teams had more mobility than the entire state in their hubs, with the vast majority having their family escape too on the AFL's dime. They didnt do it tough and it isnt rare in the sporting landscape, especially this year where the NBA and MLB have had bubbles for the same amount of time.

Yep almost as bad as the of the 1972 Uruguayan Rugby team. Although they were only on the road for 72 days. Couldn't get a decent coffee or meal either.

Not meaning to upset our South American friends but I cant stop laughing at this

What are the muppets at AFL house doing?

They really need to announce list sizes, salary cap, etc..etc..etc.. for next season ASAP.

let alone announcing how the comp will look moving forward, eg 18min qtrs, 20min qtrs... etc...etc...

Absolute clowns running this league atm.

You can do better than that popo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing considering these clubs are still receiving dividends from the footy park sale. They all got $300k this year and will pocket a further $725k over the next two years for literally doing sfa yet they will all cry poor still.

How would this upset anyone? I mean, other than Dingle, that has gone full Malbun hipster since moving there.

Maybe some people would be upset at someone laughing, as I was, at a tragedy where people lost their lives and others turned cannibal to survive. However, in the context of the conversation it was funny.

What are the muppets at AFL house doing?

They really need to announce list sizes, salary cap, etc..etc..etc.. for next season ASAP.

let alone announcing how the comp will look moving forward, eg 18min qtrs, 20min qtrs... etc...etc...

Absolute clowns running this league atm.
You can thank Dangerflog and the AFLPA for the hold up

How would this upset anyone? I mean, other than Dingle, that has gone full Malbun hipster since moving there.

It didn't upset me in the slightest.

It has cost you the use of my seats at Adelaide Oval though.

I suspect people would be horrified if someone ever bothered to tally up the amount of violence, murder and suicide caused by the Family Court. Unfortunately, Darren Jolly is but one high profile example.
Not disagreeing with you, but in relation to Jolly, there is more to it than that. Walked out on his wife & kids, has some serious mental health issue that he hasnt dealt with for years, so his treatment of his ex & kids would have been very questionable over the years. He is a huge part of the issue, but now he is crying victim!

Its a sad thing to see a family implode like that. I really hope it can be sorted, esp for the girls' sake

Carn. They were in a five star resort for a few months living the 'high' life in perfect weather, travelled two minutes down the road to play 95% of their games.. They had it incredibly easy.. As with the storm winning in that other shitty comp.. Proof it wasn't that hard on them at all..

They'll all be back in their melbourne hub next year where they'll play 15 games in a row in the mcg... Farce..

See the Crows have poached Sheedy from us as an analyst.
Did we let him go due to COVID budget restrictions or did they offer him a better deal?
Is he a major loss?
Why can’t they ever leave our nice things alone?
Obviously they have trouble attracting interstaters to their club.
Seriously has there ever been a club so envious of its closest competitor that it constantly poaches or wants to poach from the same club.
They even want a song and game day experience like ours.
Baffling when they constantly ridicule us and supposedly despise everything about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back