Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why can’t they ever leave our nice things alone?
Obviously they have trouble attracting interstaters to their club.
Seriously has there ever been a club so envious of its closest competitor that it constantly poaches or wants to poach from the same club.
They even want a song and game day experience like ours.
Baffling when they constantly ridicule us and supposedly despise everything about us.

Bit like when they recruited Hodges and then treated him like s**t

Last edited:
The only reason to conceal the formula is to rig it

If the purported plan to ship Dunstan and Webster to Adelaide in order to tip the offer to Crouch into pick-2 compensation territory is ticked off, the AFL should promptly sit on the nozzle of the nearest Toilet Duck and squeeze with all abandon.

We ran the exact same thing up the flagpole with Lobbe to Brisbane in order to kick-up the offer and subsequent compensation for Rockliff and were told no.

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
See the Crows have poached Sheedy from us as an analyst.
Did we let him go due to COVID budget restrictions or did they offer him a better deal?
Is he a major loss?
s**t, we just recovered from loosing the great Bunn fight.

Troopsy

Club Legend
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why can’t they ever leave our nice things alone?
Obviously they have trouble attracting interstaters to their club.
Seriously has there ever been a club so envious of its closest competitor that it constantly poaches or wants to poach from the same club.
They even want a song and game day experience like ours.
Baffling when they constantly ridicule us and supposedly despise everything about us.
I feel like from now on, we should keep a running list of everything the Crows have stolen.
We could also list things we have stolen like their dignity, but I dont think they had any dignity to begin with.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If the purported plan to ship Dunstan and Webster to Adelaide in order to tip the offer to Crouch into pick-2 compensation territory is ticked off, the AFL should promptly sit on the nozzle of the nearest Toilet Duck and squeeze with all abandon.

We ran the exact same thing up the flagpole with Lobbe to Brisbane in order to kick-up the offer and subsequent compensation for Rockliff and were told no.
Hopefully enough noise that the AFL have to act.

This is such an Advertiser story. Basically, Dusty was fielding offers, Crows made a pitch, Dusty rejected it What a scoop.
Yep. His manager Ray Carr gets asked a question about the North Melbourne deal, after Martin establishes himself as the greatest grand final player, says Adelaide at one point agreed to match it, it didn't go that far, but local paper has to somehow attach a local to the greatness of this week. Sort of like that story I read a few weeks ago about The Beatles links to Adelaide - all very tenuous.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep. His manager Ray Carr gets asked a question about the North Melbourne deal, after Martin establishes himself as the greatest grand final player, says Adelaide at one point agreed to match it, it didn't go that far, but local paper has to somehow attach a local to the greatness of this week. Sort of like that story I read a few weeks ago about The Beatles links to Adelaide - all very tenuous.
Meanwhile the Crows are outed for being left at the alter despite offering $11m over 7 years and we are supposed to somehow see that as a positive?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suspect people would be horrified if someone ever bothered to tally up the amount of violence, murder and suicide caused by the Family Court. Unfortunately, Darren Jolly is but one high profile example.
That's because the 5-10% of people who end up in the Family Court, one or both of the parties involved are either vindicative, vicious, unreasonable, belligerent, narcissistic, ego manics or all of the the above. 90-95% of people come to reasonable mediation settlements and don't end up going to court.

True, but revealing it also means it can be manipulated.
Yes, clubs definitely arent already manipulating the secret formula lol

Revealing it at least means all clubs can manipulate it instead of the well connected or AFL anointed

What are the muppets at AFL house doing?

They really need to announce list sizes, salary cap, etc..etc..etc.. for next season ASAP.

let alone announcing how the comp will look moving forward, eg 18min qtrs, 20min qtrs... etc...etc...

Absolute clowns running this league atm.
Ch 7 have cut their 2020-22 TV rights by $70m and extended 2 more years 2023-24 and for those 2 years have basically paid original 2022 amount plus CPI for both years. Foxtel/ News Corp cut $90m from their 2020-22 TV rights, but have refused to sign up for 2 extra years like 7. They believe they overpaid.

The AFL are hanging out for that extra 2 years before they commit to salary cap sizes and therefore distributions to the clubs. Plus with Melbourne being locked down for so long they had no real idea what 2021 looks like. They will have to finalize things in November. I suspect this week they are all taking a break.

Koch has said there is a lot of pessimism at the presidents meeting and KT has said the CEO's meeting a couple of times they have been told to plan for 2021 to be a covid effected season as bad as this one. KT in his interview with Rooch said - for season 2021 clubs will work to smaller budgets, with reduced staff and with great uncertainty while the COVID virus exists.

-

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you won the premiership this year you would have a nagging feeling that it wasn't the same.

I'm glad we didn't see a drought breaking premiership this year for any team as I feel like it would have been a bit of a waste for them and wouldn't do it justice.

You've been consistent with this thinking all season and I admire that, but now that Port is out of the race for me it 100% is a tarnished season and therefore doesn't count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back