Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must be a different Tex.

That article says champion footballer.

champion/ˈtʃampɪən/
noun

1.a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition

Context for those playing along at home

View attachment 997155

Didn’t he change his tune after Travis Boak responded to having a burger named after him with “I’ll have to pop in and try one!”?

Imagine engaging lawyers over it haha.

Imagine engaging lawyers over it haha.

I doubt it was even Tex' idea to engage the lawyers.
Would have been driven by the club.
It's how they roll. It's all about the moolah.

I doubt it was even Tex' idea to engage the lawyers.
Would have been driven by the club.
It's how they roll. It's all about the moolah.

Yeah I reckon he’s embraced that part of their culture with quite some gusto old chap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a bit into astrology during lockdown and would you be shocked to know the Crows are a Virgo?

not at all.

I have no idea what it means so I’m assuming it’s bad.

I’m the sign of the panty liner. That is my entire knowledge of astrology.

Yeah I reckon he’s embraced that part of their culture with quite some gusto old chap.

I guess so. It just feels to me like this wouldn't have even been on his radar until someone told him he could get some $$ out of it.

I guess so. It just feels to me like this wouldn't have even been on his radar until someone told him he could get some $$ out of it.

The only reason it wasn't on his radar is no one had read it to him yet.

"They named a burger after you Tex"

"But me Tex? Tex my name not burger name. Me not share name"

Even as I typed that I imagined Ted saying it in mongos voice from Blazing Saddles. It's uncanny really.

mongo.jpg

Context for those playing along at home

View attachment 997155

I thought Tex's actual name was Taylor Walker?

The burger joint should trademark both the Tex and Taylor Walker name and then tell Tex to change his name

Has Bicks grown a brain since being given the flick?

Says you want Port and Adelaide successful over the SANFL first and foremost....

Has Bicks grown a brain since being given the flick?

Says you want Port and Adelaide successful over the SANFL first and foremost....

I've found Bickley to be reasonable more often than not, even while under the employ of AA.

I remember when I was a kid in the pre AFL PAFC days, he moved into a house a few up from mine on the esplanade and he had a kick and a catch with me when I got the guts to go to his place and ask. Was very kind.

I've found Bickley to be reasonable more often than not, even while under the employ of AA.

I remember when I was a kid in the pre AFL PAFC days, he moved into a house a few up from mine on the esplanade and he had a kick and a catch with me when I got the guts to go to his place and ask. Was very kind.
He’s reasonable, but a bit dim.
Whereas the other one is a vindictive idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back