Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The SANFL clubs would be celebrating even more rules neutering the 2 AFL reserves sides. GET.OUT.PORTS.
Yep. As if reduced AFL list sizes weren't making it hard enough.

All so some old fat SANFL loser who claims not to care about Port as they "aren't a real SANFL team" can tug off in the dark about beating Port.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe this marks the first time a person at the club has made a clear threat to the SANFL. It's about ******* time. You take us out, they lose 800k a year in clear straight up licencing revenue. That alone is just about enough to kill them.

We are in the SANFL for image for our die hard old schoolers, and convenience alone. You remove one of those factors and we'll be dead serious about leaving. Particularly we now have the option of joining the eastern super league, which I believe is a fait accompli to just become the AFL reserves.

Light at the end of the tunnel, it's almost over.

I believe this marks the first time a person at the club has made a clear threat to the SANFL. It's about ******* time. You take us out, they lose 800k a year in clear straight up licencing revenue. That alone is just about enough to kill them.

We are in the SANFL for image for our die hard old schoolers, and convenience alone. You remove one of those factors and we'll be dead serious about leaving. Particularly we now have the option of joining the eastern super league, which I believe is a fait accompli to just become the AFL reserves.

Light at the end of the tunnel, it's almost over.
Do we really have that option though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_n8d9a2igc31qcz74to1_250.gif

if Port entered the new NEAFK/VFL/reserves comp, why can’t they play at Alberton?

Maybe they could. I'm only thinking of the things that people value RE: The Magpies.
Its not the competition itself or any past rivalries, it's the jumper and the home ground.

if Port entered the new NEAFK/VFL/reserves comp, why can’t they play at Alberton?
The fact that our reserves wouldn’t be able to be called the Magpies would irk some I think but really it is getting to the point now that we should just say stuff the SANFL and let them wallow in their own excrement.
They are putting in restrictions that I am sure will not be in place in any of the interstate reserves teams, thus hampering us.
The comp is uneven enough as it is, the further restrictions will make it harder still.
Please say stuff‘em CD and request we join an AFL reserves comp.

SANFL rules are a ****** joke and this tinpot comp is not worth a roll of soiled toilet paper.

Hopefully next year becomes the last season (we can only wish) before leaving for elsewhere - where we can add senior players to the side, to guide and teach our young guns the correct way to do things.

It's all about building depth in our club for continued success now. Screw trying to win flags under increasingly impossible conditions. Let this amatuer hour comp wither and die.

SANFL rules are a ****** joke and this tinpot comp is not worth a roll of soiled toilet paper.

Hopefully next year becomes the last season (we can only wish) before leaving for elsewhere - where we can add senior players to the side, to guide and teach our young guns the correct way to do things.

It's all about building depth in our club for continued success now. Screw trying to win flags under increasingly impossible conditions. Let this amatuer hour comp wither and die.

It's not even about us. It's about the quality of the AFL competition as a whole, and the pathways to the top. If you have AFL clubs in the upper echelons that are having the tail wagging the dog, it's a recipe for s**t football at the top level.

The SANFL are hurting the quality of football in SA, which whether they like it or not - constitutes of the Crows and Port Adelaide.

CD has become such a bloody good operator! :heart:
Basically saying we will work under their new rules this coming year but if it means the Magpies become uncompetitive then we will be considering other options going forward as we exist to win Premierships ( in the seconds too)
Sounds like our heirarchy are united on this.
I bloody love CD too.

Our SANFL listed players contracts are not worth the paper its written on and it's because the SANFL is not viable as a semi-professional league and is constantly downsizing. They can't handle a salary cap that is higher than 210k even with Port Adelaide and the crows being their meal ticket.

Hot on the heels of the Tigers and Cats will be Brisbane and Port Adelaide, who’ve surged into premiership contention over recent years – and won’t be going anywhere in 2021. On paper, Joe Daniher is the ideal addition for the Lions – and if it clicks for him, he could help the team take a step or two further. The Power are just as well placed to challenge again. They’ve got some of the best young guns in the competition playing in a Ken Hinkley system viewed by many as the league’s most reliable and sustainable. Orazio Fantasia and Aliir Aliir will only help, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back