Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have plenty of time on their side but Adelaide’s four first-round draft picks who played in the SANFL on the weekend failed to shine.

Riley Thilthorpe, Chayce Jones, Fischer McAsey and Luke Pedlar – taken by the Crows in the past three drafts – managed only 34 disposals between them as Adelaide was thrashed by 83 points by premier Woodville-West Torrens, its biggest defeat against the Eagles.

Third-year midfielder Jones was particularly disappointing, managing just five disposals, second-year defender McAsey had eight and 2020 selections Thilthorpe (10) and Pedlar (11) just reached double figures.

They did not kick a goal between them.

Disappointingly for Adelaide, its best two players were veterans who are not on the AFL list – SANFL captain Matthew Wright, 31, who had 21 disposals and kicked two goals, and fill-in 34-year-old club leadership development manager Daniel Jackson (21 and six clearances).

Haha, I had a similar interaction with Greg Anderson circa ‘94.

I had an awkward interaction with Craig Bradley and Greg Anderson in the 80's not long before Bradles went to Vic and Ando but Ando was still to head over when they came to my school for a talk.

I had read that Ando was interstate for athletics so thought I would try and look smart and ask not the usual question and said

I heard you were in Melbourne recently - how did that go?.

Cue award silence then ummmmm what do you mean.... with a slightly shocked expression on his face...

Athletics man Athletics....

They have plenty of time on their side but Adelaide’s four first-round draft picks who played in the SANFL on the weekend failed to shine.

Riley Thilthorpe, Chayce Jones, Fischer McAsey and Luke Pedlar – taken by the Crows in the past three drafts – managed only 34 disposals between them as Adelaide was thrashed by 83 points by premier Woodville-West Torrens, its biggest defeat against the Eagles.

Third-year midfielder Jones was particularly disappointing, managing just five disposals, second-year defender McAsey had eight and 2020 selections Thilthorpe (10) and Pedlar (11) just reached double figures.

Disappointingly for Adelaide, its best two players were veterans who are not on the AFL list – SANFL captain Matthew Wright, 31, who had 21 disposals and kicked two goals, and fill-in 34-year-old club leadership development manager Daniel Jackson (21 and six clearances).
Hard to judge Thilthorpe the SANFL is a grave for KPF's, they'd be better off plugging AFL games into him.

They’re all guaranteed to win Brownlows - S. Rowe

Probably

Carlton is the epitome of an old Melbourne boys club. Full of well connected powerbrokers that are tied to the media.

Haven't finished higher than 5th in 20 years and still demand attention over their onfield performances. For every 10 articles written about Carlton and Collingwood, one would be written about the Giants or Suns, if you you're lucky.

The code doesn't deserve to prosper in the Eastern states since it will never embrace these states either commercially, politically or culturally in the AFL ecosystem.

Does any one know if a backwards kick into your defensive 50 counts as an inside 50 to your opponent?

Chayce ‘The ******* Ball Please’ Jones.

feel sorry for the poor fella tbh. there must have been a reason he was a high draft pick at some point, even if it was stupid and speculative by adelaide.

they've absolutely destroyed him. probably best for his mental health if he heads home and plays suburban footy for a while, but might even give the game away entirely.

5 disposals playing midfield in the SANFL jfc i think could manage more than that

How about Chayce though, 5 touches 🤣

We cant delist him.. hes contracted to 2023!.. he can simply say.. nope, not going anywhere sorry and continue to play sanfl and pocket the cash..

its yet another shocking list management fu** up from Reid and co.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton is the epitome of an old Melbourne boys club. Full of well connected powerbrokers that are tied to the media.

Haven't finished higher than 5th in 20 years and still demand attention over their onfield performances. For every 10 articles written about Carlton and Collingwood, one would be written about the Giants or Suns, if you you're lucky.

The code doesn't deserve to prosper in the Eastern states since it will never embrace these states either commercially, politically or culturally in the AFL ecosystem.

Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Melbourne and Hawthorn all have this backing though. You genuinely forget about the other Victorian clubs unless Geelong are up and about let alone clubs from outside Victoria. Those 6 clubs probably have more politicians, media moguls, millionaires and god knows who else backing them than any other institution in this country. The reason Melbourne survived the Dean Bailey/Mark Neeld years and Carlton survived the post-Elliot years was precisely because of these supporters (tied to influential communities and the MCC). If Norf or the Dogs were that s**t for that long they'd have been sent packing years ago.

These clubs are literally too big and too powerful to fall. When people get shitty at Victorian clubs being selfish it should be said it's just these 6, the other 4 have * all influence in Melbourne.

Ad now they have Mark McClure on to talk Carlton.

I paused the show for a while to catch my breath after seeing the same interview 3 times in 24 hours.

Thanks for letting me know the show gets more exciting from here on in. I mean a switch of topic from Collingwood to Carlton will be very stimulating for all true football lovers.

I paused the show for a while to catch my breath after seeing the same interview 3 times in 48 hours.

Thanks for letting me know the show gets more exciting from here on in. I mean a switch of topic from Collingwood to Carlton will be very stimulating for all true football lovers.

They just threw up the "Carlton - Next 4 weeks" graphic at the bottom of screen. I swear this graphic went up 3 times last night.

Mr Experience is Warwick Parklands Andrew Crapel!

Last edited:
feel sorry for the poor fella tbh. there must have been a reason he was a high draft pick at some point, even if it was stupid and speculative by adelaide.

they've absolutely destroyed him. probably best for his mental health if he heads home and plays suburban footy for a while, but might even give the game away entirely.

5 disposals playing midfield in the SANFL jfc i think could manage more than that
This is a big issue imo, his mental health, he came as a high draft pick, talked up in all the crow centric media and then bang. It's all gone wrong. Poor kid just can't find the ball. I wonder if he asks for a trade to a Vic club to give him a fresh start? He could get a lift back with McAsey who looks as interested as I do in crows games.

finbarr

I sh*t you not 360 are replaying the vision on the couch replayed from 360 of the Robinson Buckley interview.

This is ******* nuts

2c848383d9adf007f2fd5d27885263c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back