Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Just randomly, how are Geelong in the top 4? They’ve been absolutely putrid other than yesterday.
Yes. This week was their best game by far. Their loss to the Dees in R4 was probably their second best.

They have beaten Lions (+1), Hawks (+5), North (+30), and WC. The Cats won two matches by less than a goal, and their win over North wasn’t impressive.

Geelong could be 2-4, instead of 4-2. But the Cats seem to always win “coin-toss” games, somehow.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You could say this at some point just about every year. They just know how to win games of football, it's that simple.
The only Vic side to get a home ground and home state umpiring against fellow Vic sides. With all the talk about Non-Vic sides getting an advantage, they have the easiest draw year on year due to their combination home ground / 'away' games at the MCG/Marvel combination. They won't go bottom 4 due to it, but it keeps them doing well enough year on year to make finals, but for a decade now, do nothing in them. I expect that to continue this year.

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Just randomly, how are Geelong in the top 4? They’ve been absolutely putrid other than yesterday.

3 of their 4 wins at MDMA stadium, with another 7 games to come at that shithole.

Regardless of how good or bad Geelong are, the leg up they get because they get to play between 7-10 games a year there means they will always be around the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don’t know whether to laugh or shake my head that the media is laughing off Adelaide picking and playing an injured medical sub..

If it was port I have zero doubts there would be less light hearted ribbing and more calls for fines / investigations / picking apart our professionalism.
The good thing about this is it means we can’t take s**t for granted like they do.

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
3 of their 4 wins at MDMA stadium, with another 7 games to come at that shithole.

Regardless of how good or bad Geelong are, the leg up they get because they get to play between 7-10 games a year there means they will always be around the mark.

I don’t actually mind Geelong playing in Geelong. There is no difference in the home ground advantage as Perth Stadium or Adelaide over is.

They are pretty much the only Victorian team with a proper home ground.

if they will all 11 home games there, well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lions just posted on their socials that Lachie Neale is likely to miss 8. syndesmosis injury

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Lions just posted on their socials that Lachie Neale is likely to miss 8. syndesmosis injury

1619396768096.png

TheFridge

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Is it beer o'clock yet?
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don’t actually mind Geelong playing in Geelong. There is no difference in the home ground advantage as Perth Stadium or Adelaide over is.

It’s completely different. West Coast/Freo and Port/Crows are not based at Optus/AO. Geelong literally train and play on the same ground with all their facilities there too. It’s an immense leg up and that’s before you talk about the different the dimensions of the ground compared to basically everywhere else.

Problem is they also get the extra MCG bonuses for being a Vic club (and zero travel).

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It’s completely different. West Coast/Freo and Port/Crows are not based at Optus/AO. Geelong literally train and play on the same ground with all their facilities there too. It’s an immense leg up and that’s before you talk about the different the dimensions of the ground compared to basically everywhere else.

Aside from dimensions of the oval, Gold Coast get these leg ups too. It's what happens when you're the only team in town.

Yes. This week was their best game by far. Their loss to the Dees in R4 was probably their second best.

They have beaten Lions (+1), Hawks (+5), North (+30), and WC. The Cats won two matches by less than a goal, and their win over North wasn’t impressive.

Geelong could be 2-4, instead of 4-2. But the Cats seem to always win “coin-toss” games, somehow.
I reckon all of Port, Melbourne and the Bulldogs would be very happy to play the Cats in a final - happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back