Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't quite get the amount of media saying we are serious contenders for the premiership just yet. I still feel like we haven't really been tested. I know the Richmond game was a good win, particularly with the injuries that we got during the game, but we still have to prove ourselves against teams like Melbourne, Bulldogs, Brisbane at the Gabba.

I don't quite get the amount of media saying we are serious contenders for the premiership just yet. I still feel like we haven't really been tested. I know the Richmond game was a good win, particularly with the injuries that we got during the game, but we still have to prove ourselves against teams like Melbourne, Bulldogs, Brisbane at the Gabba.
We are current minor premiers. We lost to last years eventual winners by a kick and have only lost one game this year (a long interstate journey type). We are winning at a canter with injuries.
Of the top 3 we did best last year.
Of course we are some peoples favourites.

Last edited:

weve played Richmond and west coast at their home ground and beat a bunch of middle of the road teams.

We’re yet to play freo, Sydney, Adelaide, gws, hawks and Collingwood. All teams below us on the ladder who we would be favourites against and I would back us in to win the majority of those games if not all of them.

Brisbane will be a test but I’m not afraid of them.

by the time we face melb and dogs we will have some pretty handy players back in the side that perfectly counter their strengths. For two early top sides melb and dogs look far far far from invincible

We are current minor premiers. We lost to last years eventual winners by a kick and ha e only lost one game this year (a long interstate journey type). We are winning at a canter with injuries.
I know you're right, but I think I'm just conditioned not to get too confident too soon. My head agrees with you, my heart just doesn't want to get broken again. ;)

We are current minor premiers. We lost to last years eventual winners by a kick and have only lost one game this year (a long interstate journey type). We are winning at a canter with injuries.
But there'll be 2004 levels of pressure on us, come the major round. You can bet your life that those who are pumping up our tyres now, will be waiting for us to fail in September.

Premiership and Norm Smith Duck Hunters actually

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Okay. How do you think this is possibly an argument against Shuey being a cheat?

I swear to god if Ivan Milat played AFL there would be some campaigner on Bigfooty saying 'actually that's a premiership winning serial killer to you m8'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL football operations manager Steve Hocking said all AFL officials, coaches and players had to set the right example in demonstrating respect for umpires.

"Whether you are involved in Australian Football at the elite level or the community level, everyone has a responsibility to demonstrate respect towards umpires at all times.

I had to laugh at Hocking's comments lol

Must have worked. It was a 4-12 free kick count at half time, but ended up being 15-16 at full time.

But, it isn't the frees that are given, it is where they are given and the ones missed (like ever second throw from the Bulldogs)

Or Tanner Bruhn getting pulled down without the ball at true-CHF (play on), and the Dogs getting a soft holding free up the other end 20-some seconds later.

AFL football operations manager Steve Hocking said all AFL officials, coaches and players had to set the right example in demonstrating respect for umpires.

"Whether you are involved in Australian Football at the elite level or the community level, everyone has a responsibility to demonstrate respect towards umpires at all times.

I had to laugh at Hocking's comments lol
Hate to tell you this Mr. Shocking, but in some ways, respect for umpires starts with the law makers who introduce stupid new rules every year. Maybe if you leave the game alone for once, respect for the officials might actually increase.

By the by, Joel Selwood has ‘hunted’ 812 times to Travis Boak’s 289, despite being taken in the same draft and Trav only playing 27 less games.

thats damning isn’t it. All those extra stats and goals to boot.

Last edited:
Have to give it to Richmond.
(despite all the H&A games they're been given by the AFL at the G).

They never play to the umpires whistle.
Yet they still managed to win premierships.
I've not noticed personally but a few blokes I speak to reckon they're big on giving away free kicks to try and halt opposition play.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Hate to tell you this Mr. Shocking, but in some ways, respect for umpires starts with the law makers who introduce stupid new rules every year. Maybe if you leave the game alone for once, respect for the officials might actually increase.

I'll go you one better, what have AFL umpires as a collective ever done to earn anyone's respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back