Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's worried his players will get in a punch up in one of the Marvel Stadium bars or food outlets.

Not that they did anything wrong...

I don't condone violence, but when someone accidentally brushes past you and a few chips fall on the floor ...

Yes, one and the same. Should’ve been done for a high fend off, considering Georgie got done for a similar fend off

View attachment 1129523

to all those people who say umps don’t make a difference, they do! This play on, Mitch loses possession. Gray no free, the above stager free and goal.

Oh the inhumanity in expecting Richmond supporters to travel an extra 5 km from their side of town to Marvel stadium.

And its on the same bloody tram line ffs..just going in the other direction. I assume they want the AFL to provide their fans with a bespoke chauffeur service for the trauma of having to play away from the G.

I don't condone violence, but when someone accidentally brushes past you and a few chips fall on the floor ...

Agree. There are times when you just can't walk away.

And its on the same bloody tram line ffs..just going in the other direction. I assume they want the AFL to provide their fans with a bespoke chauffeur service for the trauma of having to play away from the G.
Maybe a Hardwick chauffeur service. This is a quote from him.

“I’d love them to come, but the fact of the matter is I can’t drive them all here.”

I heard part of Hardwick's after game press conference. Under 19,000 fans turned up. He had a big whinge about being forced to play at Marvel. He hates going there and apparently so do the fans.

Oh the inhumanity in expecting Richmond supporters to travel an extra 5 km from their side of town to Marvel stadium.

You know what would fix this?

Home teams play at their home grounds.

This means if the home team is: Melbourne Hawthorn Collingwood or Richmond they play all home games at the MCG.

Essendon, St Kilda, Norf, Dogs play all home games at Marvel. Geelong play at Kardinia.

Carlton, I'm not sure which one is their home ground, they can swing between both.

This would solve many problems. It would get a lot of "bigger" games back to Marvel, an AFL owned asset. It would stop the perception that the ground is where all the second rate games are shunted. The Victorian counter balance of "genuine home ground advantage" for "interstate" teams will be somewhat subsided (MCG Tenants only have 3 or 4/18 other clubs that share the ground, Marvel 4 or 5/18)

But no, of course this isn't an option, the AFL, as a subsidiary of the Vic State Government are contractually compelled to play at the Vic Govt/MCC's ground for all these over hyped "Blockbusters" at the MCG making a mockery of who's home game it is. * them. Corrupt bunch of arseclowns.

You know what would fix this?

Home teams play at their home grounds.

This means if the home team is: Melbourne Hawthorn Collingwood or Richmond they play all home games at the MCG.

Essendon, St Kilda, Norf, Dogs play all home games at Marvel. Geelong play at Kardinia.

Carlton, I'm not sure which one is their home ground, they can swing between both.

This would solve many problems. It would get a lot of "bigger" games back to Marvel, an AFL owned asset. It would stop the perception that the ground is where all the second rate games are shunted. The Victorian counter balance of "genuine home ground advantage" for "interstate" teams will be somewhat subsided (MCG Tenants only have 3 or 4/18 other clubs that share the ground, Marvel 4 or 5/18)

But no, of course this isn't an option, the AFL, as a subsidiary of the Vic State Government are contractually compelled to play at the Vic Govt/MCC's ground for all these over hyped "Blockbusters" at the MCG making a mockery of who's home game it is. fu** them. Corrupt bunch of arseclowns.
I got a better appreciation of how close the Vic government and the AFL are, after living in Vic for the last 7 years. The Vic media is in cahoots too.

Man on the mark rule has been loosened up. WB player was running around on the mark last night and crickets from the umpire. You watch the selective decisions be made on this rule for the rest of the year.
Orazio cleverly baited a dog into stepping clearly off the mark and Orazio went to jog off on his 50m penalty when the ump called out no. Raz was clearly shocked that the ump, who was watching the player didn’t call it.

Orazio cleverly baited a dog into stepping clearly off the mark and Orazio went to jog off on his 50m penalty when the ump called out no. Raz was clearly shocked that the ump, who was watching the player didn’t call it.
Umpires have clearly been instructed not to call stand if they feel like a player is going to attempt to bait out a 50 until they are comfortable the player will go back to take their kick properly.

Go listen to how delayed some stand calls are.

He finished 3rd in their B&F last year, that's not mediocre. The clinic he's putting on right now is not mediocre, it's a breathtaking display of ball winning, footbal smarts, kicking and goal kicking that only two players on our list could get anything near (Gray and Butters).

As for the trade, I don't think it's an either/or thing. Trading Wingard wasn't the only way to get that Duursma pick through the door - it wasn't a top 10 pick or anything. Burton is a far inferior player to Wingard and I suspect we could've got him for pick 35 or something if he requested a trade.
Sometimes your posts are good, other times totally delusional!

Firstly no one here has EVER doubted Wingard's talent ... EVER! He has the talent and potential to be a multiple Brownlow medalist and a GOAT superstar by now. Instead he is an on-again, off-again, oft-injured talent that sadly will never achieve the potential he promised.

After years of pushing, prodding, and cajoling, Port finally bit the bullet and made the now oft-debated move of trading him on. I love the guy, and really hope he has many more games like he had last week. But it was a win-win move.

As for getting Burton with pick 35! You are not that stupid are you? Burton had NO intention of returning home and breaking his contract, and Hawthorn had no intention of getting rid of him. It only happened because Wingard was a potential get for them. As for Burton being a "far inferior" player to Wingard ... It just doesnt even deserve an answer!

The Polec & Wingard trades along with our drafting strategy will always go down as one of the great successes of Port Adelaide

Umpires have clearly been instructed not to call stand if they feel like a player is going to attempt to bait out a 50 until they are comfortable the player will go back to take their kick properly.

Go listen to how delayed some stand calls are.
Honestly that is fair enough that they are instructed to do that, but watch it when it happens to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a Hardwick chauffeur service. This is a quote from him.

“I’d love them to come, but the fact of the matter is I can’t drive them all here.”

"Do I look like Brenton Sanderson?"

Honestly that is fair enough that they are instructed to do that, but watch it when it happens to us.
Technically, the free is there. It’s soft, but it’s a 50.🙄

We are not pathetic. We are just not a top team.
With the list we've got, that's on Hinkley. I reckon Port fans are sick of hearing about "striving for greatness" etc, without seeing results.

Exactly that's what I meant by selective. When it suits the narrative and not the rule. That's why Selwood is the best frees received player but Gray gets nothing because he plays for freekicks and a non Victorian side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back