Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed the feel good crap for Crows is huge lately, wheel out Graham some more.... maybe Kerls can speak soon?

Good old Kerls would say what he thinks. Honourable losses are crap. Winning is the only thing. Losing is for losers. Win win win! Urrggghhh.

Lol Graham Cornes - I've never been one to laud honorable losses but crows this weekend ...

He is absolutely cooked as a thinker these days — taken ‘bitter and twisted’ to stratospheric levels.

Lol Graham Cornes - I've never been one to laud honorable losses but crows this weekend ...

There's nothing honorable about recycling Sydney's 2005 game plan in 2021 and using it to try and strangle teams with more talent than you to eek out a competitive loss.

St. Kilda and Geelong were both 13-0 in 2009 when they met in round 14. The Saints won, but the Cats got the ultimate revenge in the grand final.
Geelong's flag will be recorded in the history books and with trophies and medals, but people will always remember that game as one of of not the greatest regular season game of all time.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Geelong's flag will be recorded in the history books and with trophies and medals, but people will always remember that game as one of of not the greatest regular season game of all time.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I can’t help but ponder the quality of football played in 2009 and the role of the expansion teams in the ‘state of the game’ discussion that has followed (2010 was the first affected year as GC17 held players out of the draft).

We still haven’t seen a flag won by a team with a core group drafted during the expansion era. Bottling 3 first round picks in 2009 was a sliding door disaster.

So Dangerfield has asked aloud what is the use of the ‘in the back’ rule.

I have been saying it for years, not only does it cause players to stage and is terribly umpired, but it also causes more head injuries as players either throw themselves forward or the techniques to avoid it (like Jonas’ tackle on Saturday) force the head down.

So Dangerfield has asked aloud what is the use of the ‘in the back’ rule.

I have been saying it for years, not only does it cause players to stage and is terribly umpired, but it also causes more head injuries as players either throw themselves forward or the techniques to avoid it (like Jonas’ tackle on Saturday) force the head down.

Players causing themselves injury drawing free kicks isn't something he can high horse over considering his comrades.

Players causing themselves injury drawing free kicks isn't something he can high horse over considering his comrades.
In the article he says he does it all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same Graham Cornes who believes Barry Robrans 3 Magarey Medals and Rick Davies 151 goals in a season are part of the Crows history
If you follow the "lineage", then it all makes sense o_O :think:

Hell, even Quinn, Ebert, Cahill and Williams are tied to the Crow's history.

Can't anybody see this undeniable fact?

They are talking up Fogarty's game? were we that delusional and clutching in the dark old choco/primus days?
I was thinking that myself, they are all kinds of delusional over there.
Though to be fair, the alternative is to be super bleak.

They are deluding themselves by claiming they are tanking.

They WISH they were tanking.

Last edited:
They are talking up Fogarty's game? were we that delusional and clutching in the dark old choco/primus days?
In fairness he did look good for 15 minutes or so, which is the longest he's looked good for in about 2 years. Progress?

We still haven’t seen a flag won by a team with a core group drafted during the expansion era.

Wasn’t their whole shebangabang, but West Coast drafted Gaff, Cripps, Darling and Lycett in 2010. Which is an unequivocal A+, considering.

Richmond's pathetic attendance last game was put down to their fans' hatred of Docklands, but this article explains the lower attendances across the board in a bit more depth...

Richmond's pathetic attendance last game was put down to their fans' hatred of Docklands, but this article explains the lower attendances across the board in a bit more depth...

Given that the highly paid lead AFL commentators from Channel Seven can't be bothered leaving their Melbourne lounge rooms to commentate live on prime time games outside of Victoria then it should be of little surprise that the supporters don't attend games either.

Perhaps the AFL should focus on getting their media partners to lift their game and actually provide proper coverage of the 'national' game?

Or is getting Crows Director Mark Ricciuto as the 'boundary rider' to provide the live updates at ground level on Port games the reason why our home game attendances are bucking the downward trend?

Given that the highly paid lead AFL commentators from Channel Seven can't be bothered leaving their Melbourne lounge rooms to commentate live on prime time games outside of Victoria then it should be of little surprise that the supporters don't attend games either.

Perhaps the AFL should focus on getting their media partners to lift their game and actually provide proper coverage of the 'national' game?

lol yeah right, they'll just continue to appoint whoever attended the most swingers orgies with eddie and gill.

Have to lol at those couple of Richmond supporters who are keeping that bay tier prison bar thread on the main board from spiralling into a Crows-Collingwood-exclusive nuffy love in.

One of them claims the only reason they care about the issue is because they are sick of Port "whinging" about it. Very rich from a supporter of a club that just threw a collective tantrum over playing a game a few kms down the road from home base.

I was thinking that myself, they are all kinds of delusional over there.
Though to be fair, the alternative is to be super bleak.

They are deluding themselves by claiming they are tanking.

They WISH they were tanking.

Their kids are trash, it is going to get darker before it gets better.

We will never have a better opportunity to become the #1 club in town.

And we'll probably waste it.

This is akin to Hawthorn only getting 17,000 against GWS at the MCG during their threepeat.

The media: “Hawks fans voted with their feet against what was a terrible fixture and a game that should’ve been played in Launceston”.

Meanwhile we were famously roasted by Steve Price for ‘only’ getting 36,000 along to AO for a match against a terrible Brisbane Lions outfit on a Saturday arvo.

It’s like, everyone else is allowed to be a sophisticated discerning citizen with a hip pocket and a spectrum of preferences, but if we don’t pack out our home games regardless of circumstance it’s “tarps” this, and “Tasmania” that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back