Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even at the half way point and it's back to low scoring dirge lmao.. #Malcom in the lab coming up with more rule changes as we speak.
Maybe they need to implement a penalty against people who miss easy set shots on goal. 100m penalty to the oppo on the kick in could be the go. At least you know goal kicking practice will increase. ;)

Well Ratten came in with a decent game plan and pumped up they had to increase their tackling and pressure after last weeks average effort against GC, but he needed players to execute some basic skills when kicking for goal.

Max King set shot kicking was terrible. 1.5 and at least 3 were very straight forward set shots.

Instead of tinkering with rules on field that coaches work out in a month, which then have unintended consequences that require further tinkering - why don't they give a bonus point for kicking 100 points - a second bonus point for getting to 150?

Coaches would then have an incentive to develop much more attacking game plans

Would also then make the allocation of 4 points for a win not ridiculous

Instead of tinkering with rules on field that coaches work out in a month, which then have unintended consequences that require further tinkering - why don't they give a bonus point for kicking 100 points - a second bonus point for getting to 150?

Coaches would then have an incentive to develop much more attacking game plans

Would also then make the allocation of 4 points for a win not ridiculous
Everyone then wants to play under the roof, no wind and rain at Docklands.

Max King is an appalling kick for goal. Great set of hands most of the time but has almost singlehandedly kicked the Saints out of the game.
He's as mentally weak as he is physically gifted. Had an absolute mare tonight.

We play in 6 different cities every weekend - impacts % - they can't guarantee fair and equal playing conditions. I don't think it's a big issue.

Does Docklands average higher scores than everywhere else now?
Dont know but the Bulldogs have scored 100+ pts all games they have played there this year and havent scored 100+ in every other game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder roving his own taps and clearing his own contests.

What did we do to that bloke? Was he the last victim in the ports over 30 genocide that we hope has ceased now seeing the form of Boak and Gray?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Not really. We got rid of him because he's old, injury prone and we had Lycett, Ladhams and Hayes on the books. I think everyone knew he still had some good footy left in him, including the club when we offered him a 1 year deal. The real issue with Ryder is that he's only ever a moment away from breaking down with some injury - and when it happens, it often costs you the game (St Kilda would've lost that final last year if he hurt himself with 5 minutes to play rather than 30 seconds).

Obviously the Saints kicked themselves out of the game but the umpires did them absolutely no favours.
The amount of throws was incredible and I thought tackling round the shins was a trip not HTB.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back