Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A whole lot of Melbournians who are not an essential service get an exemption and DO NOT HAVE TO QUARANTINE, while a few Victorians who had an exemption BUT HAD TO QUARANTINE created a s**t storm because of the look. HYPOCRITES

Haha - no way Collingwood would be landing in SA this weekend if they were playing Port.

The risk is minimal but that hasn’t mattered in the past, they wouldn’t take the risk no matter how small. This is all about looking good for the old crows biddies after they had fun at the footy a couple of weeks ago.

Haha - no way Collingwood would be landing in SA this weekend if they were playing Port.

The risk is minimal but that hasn’t mattered in the past, they wouldn’t take the risk no matter how small. This is all about looking good for the old crows biddies after they had fun at the footy a couple of weeks ago.

Disagree

Remember the sh!t storm when family members of Ports players got permission to enter SA from Vic, which included them still having to quarantine, for last seasons finals.

The entire Collingwood team and support staff getting exemption and no quarantine requirement at all though is "nothing to see here".

Remember the sh!t storm when family members of Ports players got permission to enter SA from Vic, which included them still having to quarantine, for last seasons finals.

The entire Collingwood team and support staff getting exemption and no quarantine requirement at all though is "nothing to see here".

"We didn't have a vaccine back then!!"

Thinks change. But I expect the same treatment for our Geelong game unless the situation deteriorates significantly by then.

There's no way Adelaide could lose to Collingwood.. right ?

what are the chances that they backflip on their exemptions for AFL players entering the state just in time for our crucial clash against the Cats to be moved somewhere else.

I haven't forgotten how the crows got 10/17 games at AO last year compared to our 7/17. I know last year was a s**t sandwich and every team had to make some sacrifices in order to complete the season but i still can't work out how two teams in the exact same location had vastly different fixtures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s hope this sh*t escalates. Break this cabal into a million pieces.

Papa Don't Preach......

Haven't read the book, but am starting to think I might, as initial reviews seem to focus on the Me Too stuff which is insanely boring, but am starting to hear that it goes the corruption and nepotism that exists within the AFL. Sounds like it hasn't gone far enough to where all corruption leads to MCGuire, but his closeness to people that the book seems to go after might see him start to get seriously questioned. Eddie seems to wear his influence/insider/corrupt deal making like a badge of honour, so if this indeed starts to unravel he simply can't avoid being held accountable. Unfortunately, as Boys clubs do, they'll all protect one another.... unless of course one domino falls.... Is there the stomach for it with the Victorian public, especially when they and their clubs are the beneficiaries of the corruption?

Papa Don't Preach......

Haven't read the book, but am starting to think I might, as initial reviews seem to focus on the Me Too stuff which is insanely boring, but am starting to hear that it goes the corruption and nepotism that exists within the AFL. Sounds like it hasn't gone far enough to where all corruption leads to MCGuire, but his closeness to people that the book seems to go after might see him start to get seriously questioned. Eddie seems to wear his influence/insider/corrupt deal making like a badge of honour, so if this indeed starts to unravel he simply can't avoid being held accountable. Unfortunately, as Boys clubs do, they'll all protect one another.... unless of course one domino falls.... Is there the stomach for it with the Victorian public, especially when they and their clubs are the beneficiaries of the corruption?
#metoo stuff is simply a symptom of a syndrome that is usually corruption.
That’s why ignoring it isn’t simply ignoring women’s issues, it’s ignoring everything else that allows it to happen in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back