Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks are obviously a 'special' and needy case?
As I read on facebook the other day, there are 1 year old toddlers running around, who have never seen Hawthorn win a premiership. This is clearly unacceptable.

What's new with the AFL .. Its Hawthorn.. They can do an illegal trade with AFL approval.
I bet no heads will roll because of it geez.
Or are they going to call the Trade ... Null and Void .. no way .. its Hawthorn.
The AFL kiss them.. the Umpires kiss them ..what more can we do for them :$

We drafted Ebert as a F/S with the AFL's blessing and no one realised he didn't qualify until it was too late.

How did he not qualify?

How did he not qualify?

Russell didn't play the required number of games between the set time frame for F/S.

Given Russell played 400 odd games, you would be forgiven for thinking there's no way Brett wouldn't be eligible but that was the written rule and proof it was an absolute farce which led to zero legitimate F/S selections for either SA club.

How did he not qualify?
391 games for the PAFC is not enough to be eligible for a father-son but 100 games for Collingwood will do it.

As Forzaport posted above, the AFL created farcical father-son rules for non-VFL teams in the AFL so that newly created franchises could father-son players from state leagues even though the fathers never played a single game for the franchise. As a real club with a long history this disadvantaged Ports. The AFL broke their own rules to allow us to father-son Brett Ebert because it was such a bad look but would not allow Brad Ebert to be a father-son selection as Craig only played 112 games for the PAFC.

Russell didn't play the required number of games between the set time frame for F/S.

Given Russell played 400 odd games, you would be forgiven for thinking there's no way Brett wouldn't be eligible but that was the written rule and proof it was an absolute farce which led to zero legitimate F/S selections for either SA club.

Well I remember the whole 200 games, instead of 100 for VFL. Was it to do with the timing of Russell's career? ie: He played all his games before the so called qualification period.

Well I remember the whole 200 games, instead of 100 for VFL. Was it to do with the timing of Russell's career? ie: He played all his games before the so called qualification period.

Yep.

image.jpg There's the 'rules' *shakes head* and the 'rules!' *sniles and nods*

Edit: also, qouted on 'AFL related Simpsons qoutes' from Facebook

That being said, I think this has a chance to backfire after trading out multiple future picks.

Last edited:
Oh they did? I didn't see it. But I'll quote them anyway, my apologies if it seemed like I used it (I didn't)

Last edited:
So Hawks broke the rules by trading away 2 future picks and the AFL allowed them to get away with it. Gillion and his mob lose more credibility each day. I guess there'll be no sanctions?
They did two pretty shady deals and the AFL swept the one with the two future picks under the carpet by announcing they had approved the other. There is a rule that where there is an exchange of picks with a significant point difference it may not be approved. St Kilda got 23 and 36 from this year plus Hawthorn's 2017 first rounder. Hawthorn got 10 and 68 back. The AFL said this was OK as they both went into it "with their eyes open", whatever that means.:rolleyes:
The trading away of two future picks was in two trades, their 2017 second to Gold Coast and their 2017 first to St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The banning of memes hopefully
When JBC declares his hate for memes
Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

391 games for the PAFC is not enough to be eligible for a father-son but 100 games for Collingwood will do it.

As Forzaport posted above, the AFL created farcical father-son rules for non-VFL teams in the AFL so that newly created franchises could father-son players from state leagues even though the fathers never played a single game for the franchise. As a real club with a long history this disadvantaged Ports. The AFL broke their own rules to allow us to father-son Brett Ebert because it was such a bad look but would not allow Brad Ebert to be a father-son selection as Craig only played 112 games for the PAFC.

Wasn't the jono brown to Bris fs a complete farce?

Burwood moving along nicely to be completed late 2017 and be ready for the first game in 2018. pic.twitter.com/rwKmQEgfSR The new train station at the top of the picture is about 70% completed and the stadium rated at 55% completed.

CvpxGrnUAAAEcJf.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back