Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What do we make of Brisbane? Overrated or just having a down patch? Would be easy for doubt to set in when they've recently choked when it mattered.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Brisbane's draw from here is very favourable. Even if we win and jump them, we'd have to win out you'd think to stay above them.

Our stuffing around in last quarters and not going for percentage is probably going to come back to haunt us.

Royce Hart, Richo and Riewoldt. The Tigers have done well out of KPFs from Tassie. And their former ruckman and CEO is from Tassie. And Toby Nankervis is from Tassie. Looks like they have been the best at picking the best big blokes out of Tassie.

Meanwhile the crows take Chayce Jones.

Brisbane's draw from here is very favourable. Even if we win and jump them, we'd have to win out you'd think to stay above them.

Our stuffing around in last quarters and not going for percentage is probably going to come back to haunt us.

You have to win a few clutch games for stuffing around with percentage to hurt.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
What do we make of Brisbane? Overrated or just having a down patch? Would be easy for doubt to set in when they've recently choked when it mattered.

Having a form slump is par for the course in an AFL season. The real key is that you've demonstrated you can beat the best when in form. They've definitely demonstrated that. This is where our biggest issue is, we may turn some form at some stage but we don't look capable against the best.

The biggest takeaway though is probably that away from the GABBA they're definitely vulnerable.

So do not want to be playing Brisbane in a final at the GABBA. Regardless we are their bunnies, and we'd want to avoid them at all costs anyway.

Royce Hart, Richo and Riewoldt. The Tigers have done well out of KPFs from Tassie. And their former ruckman and CEO is from Tassie. And Toby Nankervis is from Tassie. Looks like they have been the best at picking the best big blokes out of Tassie.

Meanwhile the crows take Chayce Jones.
How could I forget Michael Disco Roach? 200 games 600 goals from 1977-1989. So it means over 55 years, Richmond have had a KPF from Tassie for all that time except for only about 4 years between Disco and Richo.

Last edited:

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
FMD. Chol at this stage in his career has done almost exactly what Ladhams has done. Yet you want to trade Ladhams?
I said I probably wouldn't trade Ladhams because I like at least 3 rucks on the list, I would if it was overs.
I know you have a man crush on Ladhams don't let it devour you.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I said I probably wouldn't trade Ladhams because I like at least 3 rucks on the list, I would if it was overs.
I know you have a man crush on Ladhams don't let it devour you.

Dude I don't. I just think for some reason, he's criminally under rated by this board. He seem like a bit of a dickhead TBH. But I think his attributes are quite rare. He could be anything and its not just potential like say Marshall, he's put some very good games together.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns

I reckon our draw is easier. Fremantle away and West Coast (possibly back in form) aren’t super easy matches for them in current form.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dude I don't. I just think for some reason, he's criminally under rated by this board. He seem like a bit of a dickhead TBH. But I think his attributes are quite rare. He could be anything and its not just potential like say Marshall, he's put some very good games together.
He can always win me back starting tomorrow, you have me expecting a player I've never seen.

Why would this be a surprise? Jack Reiwoldt is an infinitely better player than Charlie Dixon.

he can judge a ball in flight and understands when to time a lead.

He can always win me back starting tomorrow, you have me expecting a player I've never seen.
Big Pete, just needs to hold his marks to go to the next level. His mobility off the ground is awesome and with confidence SHOULD be too dynamic for alot of starting ruckman

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Big Pete, just needs to hold his marks to go to the next level. His mobility off the ground is awesome and with confidence SHOULD be too dynamic for alot of starting ruckman
That's my biggest problem with him tbh the lily hands marking it hasn't improved since the moment he arrived, I can hang out waiting for ruckwork to improve but his forward craft is too ordinary to fill the role he's picked to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back