Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geelong's board are just as conservative as Port's.

Brian Cook said they can't afford to bottom out, last year or the year before, when they had to find $40mil to fund stage 5 of Kardinia Park development when the Vic government "only" offered $102mil of the $142mil build. They also have some debt left over from the previous 4 stages. In last year's November Vic budget the government said they would fund the whole $142mil cost.

Does that change their position? Probably, but probably not that much until it's all built.

New CEO Stephen Hocking is a Geelong product, played and worked for them for many years. Will he rock the boat and change the Geelong way?? New President Craig Drummond, was appointed in February, is the CEO of Medibank and has been on the Geelong board since 2011. Is he all of a sudden going to rock the boat?? His/Geelong's strategy is to get 100,000 members by 2025. You don't get that by spending a few years on the bottom rebuilding.

If Geelong go out in straight sets they will probably start moving on Scott. He might even walk.

But they won't all of a sudden cut 10 x 30 year old players at the end of the year. They will keep using free agency, as plenty of kids get drafted from the Geelong Falcons and they have the come home factor as a lure, as well as players wanting to play finals.
The top up thing with experience every year without hitting the draft hard just wont get it done at the business end though we've seen the tailored slow keep possession game plan for their old farts breakdown time & time again,there comes a point you have to gut the list go to the draft hard for a few years & develop the next core group.. I hope you are right though this cycle of minor round masters & September failures is fine with me.

The article is paywalled. Why aren't they allowed in? Because of Victoria? Can't they quarantine?

Under the agreement for WA to host the grand final, only clubs and a small contingent of essential workers will be permitted into Perth, with Premier Mark McGowan saying McGuire did not fall into that category.

The top up thing with experience every year without hitting the draft hard just wont get it done at the business end though we've seen the tailored slow keep possession game plan for their old farts breakdown time & time again,there comes a point you have to gut the list go to the draft hard for a few years & develop the next core group.. I hope you are right though this cycle of minor round masters & September failures is fine with me.
Depends how they do it. They got a 23 year old mature All Oz Tim Kelly for pick 24 in the 2017 draft, and effectively used his trade picks from WCE to get Cameron. I think its more Scott's stubbornness, than age demographics that has held Geelong back in finals.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
The article is paywalled. Why aren't they allowed in? Because of Victoria? Can't they quarantine?
The WA border is closed to Victoria and only essential workers will be given an exemption. Despite what Eddie thinks it is possible to have an AFL Grand Final without him and WA therefore don't classify him as an essential worker.

I'd never have the name Eddie McGuire and the word essential in the same sentence.
What about essentially? - Eddie McGuire is essentially a boofhead who bullies the AFL to doing what he wants?

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Under the agreement for WA to host the grand final, only clubs and a small contingent of essential workers will be permitted into Perth, with Premier Mark McGowan saying McGuire did not fall into that category.

1630459885018.png

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think if we make the GF, we should hire Eddie in a temporary role at the club so that he can be classified as an essential worker and take his rightful place at the game.

Of course, the condition for him getting this job with us would be to drop now and forever all objections to the PBs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we make the GF, we should hire Eddie in a temporary role at the club so that he can be classified as an essential worker and take his rightful place at the game.

Of course, the condition for him getting this job with us would be to drop now and forever all objections to the PBs.
Makes me think, does Cardone get a clearance as a club official? it means Cardone, Holly Ransom and Andrew Day are Melbourne based board members and Koch in Sydney will have to be defined as club officials to get an exemption if we make it. Darren Cahill after Wimbledon said he wont be coming back from USA Open as he would still be in quarantine for 25th september GF.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Also tried to get his sons in by listing them as Producers for JamTV. Glad they got caught.

Last year he moved production of Hotseat up to Brisbane, supposedly because their Melbourne studios became an exposure site, but he and one of his sons got to go to the AFL finals up there, and even found time do some 'research' into entertainment and hospitality venues for the Victorian government as well!

Such an entitled dickhead lol, the image of him sitting in Melbourne in lockdown watching on tv is absolutely fantastic.
Him, Clive Palmer and Scott Morrison epitomise all that is wrong with Australia!

The 3 horses of arrogance, entitlement and unaccountability!

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last year he moved production of Hotseat up to Brisbane, supposedly because their Melbourne studios became an exposure site, but he and one of his sons got to go to the AFL finals up there, and even found time do some 'research' into entertainment and hospitality venues for the Victorian government as well!

Remind me not to look at your posts while having lunch.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
McGuire on SEN now giving a sob story about what WA is missing out on by stopping his entry.

I'm sure the people of Perth are distraught that they will miss out on Eddie hosting episodes of Who Wants to be a Millionaire in their fair city during Grand Final week,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back