Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when James Hird got his cheekbone caved in during a game in Perth, and the Victorian media, led by McGuire, were super concerned that he couldn’t get back to Melbourne to get the treatment he needed, suggesting that hospitals in WA were not up to standard?

I reckon McGowan remembers.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember when James Hird got his cheekbone caved in during a game in Perth, and the Victorian media, led by McGuire, were super concerned that he couldn’t get back to Melbourne to get the treatment he needed, suggesting that hospitals in WA were not up to standard?

Well Eddie can sit in front of his big screen TV in Melbourne and watch 60,000 non Victorians in a world class stadium in Perth with a South Australian team winning the flag.
How do ya like those Apples Eddie?

Another McGuire gaff I remember from around 2010ish:

'My wife and I don't feel safe at Football Park. Port supporters are feral.' or some hypocritical BS.

When he convinced half the country a ‘Collingwood official’ was doused with urine around what would’ve been the SANFL members area amidst a general sentiment that Football Park was akin to the plot of Taken, while simultaneously nostalgasming over how Collingwood fans would ‘give you a shower on the way to the showers hyuk hyuk’.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reckons he had plans to produce a special WA Grand Final version of The Footy Show ffs.

He was probably already working on plans to have Sam Newman as a guest, with all his old favourites to entertain WA. You know, the black face mimicry of one of WA's indigenous footy stars, or the belittling of some of the homeless people in Freo, or abusing a mannequin dressed up in lingerie. Hilarious stuff that deserves another run.

I feel sorry for the people of Perth that they have missed out on so much entertainment wizzardry from Sideshow Eddie.
Imagine the line up!

Eddie, Sam and Gary to host.

Tex, Ben and Kerr on the panel.

Trevor Marmalade at the bar.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was probably already working on plans to have Sam Newman as a guest, with all his old favourites to entertain WA. You know, the black face mimicry of one of WA's indigenous footy stars, or the belittling of some of the homeless people in Freo, or abusing a mannequin dressed up in lingerie. Hilarious stuff that deserves another run.

I miss him too mate. fortunately, we've got the brilliance of "Sam Pang" "Mick Molloy" and "Andrew Mah" as the new comedic footy legends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Reckons he had plans to produce a special WA Grand Final version of The Footy Show ffs.

I feel sorry for the people of Perth that they have missed out on so much entertainment wizzardry from Sideshow Eddie.

Never mind, we've still got Kevin Bloody Wilson, and this chick, who danced at the AFL Grand Final!!

That was Brendon Gale as AFLPA Prez on the show, asking if the doctors in WA could operate on his face, despite car accidents producing those sort of injuries every week if not every day in WA.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
🤣🤣
Loony Loades is at it again.

Now I am absolutely certain that is a parody account!

Deep irony in the fact that the petition was started by someone called Jovan Bojovic, whose social media motto is 'Live and Die by the Sword'.

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 12.19.04 pm.png

Last edited:

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another McGuire gaff I remember from around 2010ish:

'My wife and I don't feel safe at Football Park. Port supporters are feral.' or some hypocritical BS.

Found it: https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/ns...adium-ng-526e6221de56affae8c579043fb8c88d.amp

Its hilarious. Meanwhile the rest of the country sees no more feral club than Collingwood.

Keep in mind this is the club where their supporters tried to start a campaign to physically assault any Port supporter wearing the bars in Melbourne earlier this year.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Its hilarious. Meanwhile the rest of the country sees no more feral club than Collingwood.

Keep in mind this is the club where their supporters tried to start a campaign to physically assault any Port supporter wearing the bars in Melbourne earlier this year.

Still remember having beer (I hope) being tipped on us from Collingwood supporters in the tier above as we watched that losing 2003 prelim against them at the G.

The simple fact is that Eddie McGuire is one of those self important VFL heavyweights that Mick Warner describes in his book, The Boys Club, who are outraged at the fact that lesser mortals from interstate clubs fail to give them the sort of lick spittle respect that they think they deserve.

Last edited:
It is funny that McGuire was kept out of WA, but McGowan is grandstanding if his bureaucrats rejected McGuire and he then talks about it in the media but as Caro said, they have defined other journo's such as Jake Niall, Sam McClure, Gary Lyon, Damian Barrett etc as essential.

Hutchy is the smart one, knows he doesn't have as much clout as he would like, so has been in Tassie for over a week, will stay a week longer and can fly in for the PF without having to quarantine and stay there for the GF.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Matt Crouch insulted by the Crows 2year offer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back