Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Lol, maybe Ted has brought shame to the locals.
e0d42181d246bac6ee9997314f52cf63.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

A name just came to me Ray Reardon had his hair plastered down with 4 gallons of Brylcreem.

Brylcreem is awesome. Way better than other modern s**t.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nicks given another 2 years. Why do clubs jump the gun on giving coaches extentions? We have done it the past with choco and Ken but most clubs seem to do it. Jury is still out on Nicks they were better off waiting and seeing how he went this season.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nicks given another 2 years. Why do clubs jump the gun on giving coaches extentions? We have done it the past with choco and Ken but most clubs seem to do it. Jury is still out on Nicks they were better off waiting and seeing how he went this season.

Yeah no one was lining up to poach Matty nicks. Hopefully it becomes their ken Hinkley situation

because they know they will still be crap for both of those years. he has been successful in his role as a crap team's manager so far. plod along, say all the typical lines about the long term and getting 30-50 games under the belts of all the kids. there is no point sacking him and getting some fresh newbie who will do exactly the same thing. there is no pressure, no chance of losing his job.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah no one was lining up to poach Matty nicks. Hopefully it becomes their ken Hinkley situation
Yea I wouldn't be doing cartwheels over locking in a defensive bore that spent the vast majority of his apprenticeship under Hinkley, expectations are low though so inching up the ladder is a safe play for them.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Has the C word been used by a breathless SA media yet?

It's his third year so people will be expecting results. If they go say 6-16, having the extra years on his contract helps take the pressure off. If he totally crashes and burns then they can just sack him anyway with the 6 month payout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
I know the players get beach/mirror muscles over the off season, but sheesh, is there an even better Thymosin doing the rounds atm? Whatever he's using, it seems to be making his bones a bit chalky...

Speaking of Thymosin, I see old mate Bruce Francis is having a long awaited day in court (well, AAT at least) today, seeking to query the integrity of Sport Integrity Australia:

Tribunal stoush over secret Essendon supplements document
Sport Integrity Australia is fighting the release of a secret report used to charge 34 Essendon players with anti-doping violations.

A secret document used to charge 34 Essendon players with anti-doping violations is being sought at a tribunal hearing on Monday.
Sport Integrity Australia is fighting the release of a key piece of evidence used to ban the Bombers players from the game and label them as drug cheats.

Campaigner Bruce Francis is taking the body to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal in Brisbane at 10am.

He is seeking the release of the “CEO Recommendation Show Cause Pack”.

It is understood that the AFL will give evidence supporting Sport Integrity Australia, the body that replaced the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, seeking to keep the document secret.

The AFL is expected to argue that releasing the document will compromise its relationship with the sport watchdog.

The CEO Recommendation Show Cause Pack was partly based on ASADA’s official briefing to the Anti-Doping Review Violation Panel.

That panel needed to sign off on any charges against players.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Prior to Nicks, the Adelaide Crows have been very quick to sack coaches, none have survived 2 seasons in a row without finals. So this is definitely something different they are trying here, they've backed him in for the long haul off the back of two horrible seasons. I guess with the way they gutted their list it was always going to be a couple of hard years but i would've thought they would've needed to see more improvement in his 3rd year prior to extending his contract.

Nicks seems alright and is probably helping the crows with their culture but they've definitely become much more accepting of mediocrity down at West Lakes.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
lol, why, stability?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Prior to Nicks, the Adelaide Crows have been very quick to sack coaches, none have survived 2 seasons in a row without finals. So this is definitely something different they are trying here, they've backed him in for the long haul off the back of two horrible seasons. I guess with the way they gutted their list it was always going to be a couple of hard years but i would've thought they would've needed to see more improvement in his 3rd year prior to extending his contract.

Nicks seems alright and is probably helping the crows with their culture but they've definitely become much more accepting of mediocrity down at West Lakes.
Adelaide's acceptance of mediocrity always corresponds to our level of success. Now they've seen that even with once in a century chances presented by COVID that Ken isn't winning a flag, then with us (for some reason) sticking with him, then their usual 'Port being poor is more important than us being good' mindset is happy. So any improvement, no matter how small will do them. If we'd somehow jagged a flag last year I have no doubt that a) Nicks wouldn't have been extended yet and b) there'd have been a much bigger overhaul of their coaching staff. Only periods of our success or threatened success raise them from their bitter anti-Port slumbering.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Adelaide's acceptance of mediocrity always corresponds to our level of success. Now they've seen that even with once in a century chances presented by COVID that Ken isn't winning a flag, then with us (for some reason) sticking with him, then their usual 'Port being poor is more important than us being good' mindset is happy. So any improvement, no matter how small will do them. If we'd somehow jagged a flag last year I have no doubt that a) Nicks wouldn't have been extended yet and b) there'd have been a much bigger overhaul of their coaching staff. Only periods of our success or threatened success raise them from their bitter anti-Port slumbering.
I highly doubt any of this is true.

Plus the gap between us and the Crows has never been wider than it has been the last two seasons. So i'm struggling to make sense of what you are trying to say.

South Adelaide sign Keegan Brooksby for the 50th time, and also signed Billy Brownless' son Oscar.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I highly doubt any of this is true.

Plus the gap between us and the Crows has never been wider than it has been the last two seasons. So i'm struggling to make sense of what you are trying to say.
Adelaide's periods of success:
97-98 - Fear of Port success now they didn't have the State to themselves anymore
2005 - Our flag s**t scared them and they finished minor premiers
2015 - After out of the 8 for a couple of years, whilst we had our brief 2013 / 2014 'looking like we were the next club to take it all' period, they knuckled down and got 3 good years.

Adelaide are very happy to in-fight and take the arse kissing from the local media regardless of performance most times. Only fear that their customers may question why they are treated like customers and Port's doing well periodically has them do the hard yards. At all other times it's 100% still a boys club for the ex(or not) SANFL old boys and past players.

The camp has blown the usual response from them of ignoring their usual egos to succeed, as their whole list and club was blown up. Which is why our inability to win a flag in 2020 or 2021 is so disgusting. We had them on the ground, our knee on their throat, US cop style and we took it off and said 'Nah, go home, we've decided to become Buddhists and respect all life'.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Melbourne's Darren Burgess replacement not impressed with the shape Jake Lever has returned in...

1638783237512.png

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
They got rid of Pyke two years after a Grand Final but extended Nicks a year after a wooden spoon.
Pyke walked because he knew he was going to be scapegoated for The Camp™. Don't confuse that with the Camry Crows sacking him because they decided they needed a more competent coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back