Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say some poor schmo trying to keep a roof over the heads of a family of four on the breadline is more stressed than cashed up sports people.

And you think this disproves my point?

1637471366780.png

Stress is stress. Don't go down the path of thinking that just because someone has it worse, it disqualifies compassion for those that have it better but are still affected.

The AFL should do it and give them a year of Sunday twilight games that are only broadcast on Foxtel.

See how much Collingwood like no equalisation payments then.

Bingo.

Tack on a condition that for the next 10 years we get almost exclusive FNF/SNF/standalone ANZAC Day games and let’s see who the WeLfArE cLuB is then.

The AFL would have twisted Melbourne Stadiums Ltd's arm to help North out, nothing to do with a fantastic stadium deal.

It’d still be much better than it was, what with the AFL buying it early for the princely sum of $200,000,000 following much bleating from the Peter Gordons and James Brayshaws, rather than merely wait 9 years and receive it for $1.

Perhaps it has something to do with increased awareness amongst young males and hence detection and reporting rates?

This is how they picked up Magic Johnson’s HIV, during his mandatory 1991/92 preseason physical.

Without it, who knows, could well have been another Eazy-E situation.

What a squad they are assembling eh, the next Toby Greene

The next Chayce Jones

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camry Crows have sold their eSports team. It's a pity, I was looking forward to Burgess whipping them into shape.

That was a bizarre play by them. Bold move, but not very strategic.

It's like they thought they were a global brand that could transcend their original sporting code.

That 100,000 members and 3 flags in 5 years copying of Richmond call from Richo was so delusional and cringeworthy.
I'd be ok with it if we actually were willing to make the hard calls to get us there.

What makes it so cringey is we made the statement, but then have shied away from every tough decision that needs to be made. The fact that even now to my knowledge there doesn't seem to have been any formal review of the utter failure of the coaching panel to prepare our team for the preliminary final indicates a club that is more than happy to make up numbers - not a club genuinely ruthlessly pursuing success.

The hundred thousand members for a club our size is just such a dumb arse call.

West Coast only got there in the last couple of years, Richmond on the back 3 flags and every single Richmond supporter who ever lived coming out of the woodwork have just got there. Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Adelaide havent even got close.

Lofty goals are one thing, impossible dreams are another.

Has Richo actually done anything that wasn't a legacy of the current regime minus the KT stuttering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back