Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I was thinking the same thing.

There is something that draws me in when they are doing well because you know the crash is going to be just as spectacular.
There was one year not so long ago when they were 5-2 after 7 games, and everyone at Punt Road was talking premierships. They won 1 more game and finished 14th.

I give Richmond a good chance to beat Adelaide actually. Their gamestyle is pretty much the antithesis of the Crows, and last year they would have done in Adelaide if they didn't keep turning the ball over with stupid mistakes.

The only reason I'd be picking Adelaide to win is that it's at AO.

Crows vs. Tigers Grand Final

Who would you rather see win?

Grand Final, Tigers, because if it was the Crows we'd never hear the end of it. H&A game, Crows, because I enjoy Tigers schadenfreude more than Crows schadenfreude.

No Talia gives Richmond a chance. These are the exact kind of early season games the Tigers can win before the wheels fall off in the second half of the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grand Final, Tigers, because if it was the Crows we'd never hear the end of it. H&A game, Crows, because I enjoy Tigers schadenfreude more than Crows schadenfreude.

If you think the umpires helped facilitate the Bulldogs 'fairytale' just wait until Richmond finally make it into a Grand Final. Any team who goes up against them is doomed and all the #goodblokes in the world wouldn't be enough to save them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if there isn't 54K on Sunday i will be surprised, this game should already be sold out. However, Sunday Twilight game doesn't help interstaters should they want to come over for the game. More attention on these day and time starts when there is a visiting Victorian club visiting should be high on the priority list next year for them and us.

I think that Richmond are in a better state injury wise which will be the key to them winning this game. If the clowns didn't lose those two players on the weekend they would have won this with ease, but right now I am not so sure.

if there isn't 54K on Sunday i will be surprised, this game should already be sold out. However, Sunday Twilight game doesn't help interstaters should they want to come over for the game. More attention on these day and time starts when there is a visiting Victorian club visiting should be high on the priority list next year for them and us.

I think that Richmond are in a better state injury wise which will be the key to them winning this game. If the clowns didn't lose those two players on the weekend they would have won this with ease, but right now I am not so sure.

Especially as Eddie Pocketts contrived to leave his goalkicking tally on 498 against GCS...

Anyone else think the levels of hatred and toxicity between us and the crows has reached an all time high recently? The bile being spewed from both sides of supporters recently is ridiculous.

I reckon it depends where you mean. On reddit I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary banter, though Bigfooty is more one sided and made up of close knit one eyed supporters.

If you think the umpires helped facilitate the Bulldogs 'fairytale' just wait until Richmond finally make it into a Grand Final. Any team who goes up against them is doomed and all the #goodblokes in the world wouldn't be enough to save them.
Consider this though: after the Dogs won it last year, they handed the baton to Richmond for the longest grand final drought. If the Tigers were get to the big dance this year and the Crows don't, the Fruit Tingles would assume the mantle of the longest period without a grand final appearance.

No Talia gives Richmond a chance. These are the exact kind of early season games the Tigers can win before the wheels fall off in the second half of the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Real value on the betting markets if you think Tigers can get up. Crows $1.18 faves which is incredible for 2 unbeaten sides.

Heat maps?

Richmond is a pressing side, has a decent midfield with Prestia and Cotchin and has an AA back in Rance that will negate Walker. Your backline is too tall to cope with Martin, Reiwoldt, Costagna etc.

It will be like the Showdown was. If you roll in thinking it's only Richmond and who have they beaten, you'll get done over. You need to play how you did against us (which is looking more and more like an aberration now due to the opponent and not from an actual caring about defence) and you'll win.

Richmond is a pressing side, has a decent midfield with Prestia and Cotchin and has an AA back in Rance that will negate Walker. Your backline is too tall to cope with Martin, Reiwoldt, Costagna etc.

It will be like the Showdown was. If you roll in thinking it's only Richmond and who have they beaten, you'll get done over. You need to play how you did against us (which is looking more and more like an aberration now due to the opponent and not from an actual caring about defence) and you'll win.
So no heat maps then? :(

Richmond might match-up ok in some areas with Adelaide but they don't have the quality across the field to trouble the better teams.
Sauce will beat Nankervis and they'll get first use and then all Rikmund have is Rance to stop an avalanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back