Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim for the hips
You, that's working well in rugby this year where they cracked down on high tackles, injuries have gone up from hip to head contacts.

New interpretation change will take fans some time to adjust, says AFL umpires boss

"Schwab clarified that no player other than the two nominated ruckman would be able to contest a boundary throw-in until the ball hit the ground, even if it fell short of the contesting ruckmen."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/new...s/news-story/114a8dd9c682048a6bbbc73f666e45c7

lol. So if the throw-in is short, everyone has to stand around until the ball hits the ground before they can touch it? Bizarre.
At least its not ambiguous. Gotta give them credit there.

I like this one far more. The more ridiculously white it is. the better.
It's nice and cleaner as a straight inverse of their home.

They removed the shield thing from the back last year, FYI.

Carlton-Clash-2016.gif

Stupidity, not only will it be difficult to umpire and lower any tackling, it's a differentiation the games should not have.
In fact the rules should be identical.
Richmond will win a final before the AFL leaves the rules alone for once - it's what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New interpretation change will take fans some time to adjust, says AFL umpires boss

"Schwab clarified that no player other than the two nominated ruckman would be able to contest a boundary throw-in until the ball hit the ground, even if it fell short of the contesting ruckmen."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/new...s/news-story/114a8dd9c682048a6bbbc73f666e45c7

lol. So if the throw-in is short, everyone has to stand around until the ball hits the ground before they can touch it? Bizarre.
the throw ins arent short, its that the rucks set up twice the distance the umps are instructed to throw it....

blame the players, not the umps

the throw ins arent short, its that the rucks set up twice the distance the umps are instructed to throw it....

blame the players, not the umps

This.

Umps guidelines are for 12 - 15 metres length and about 20m high.

Seeing players continuously stand on the edge of the centre square for throw ins is infuriating. The boundary ump then has to give it extra to reach the players, lest it is not contestable and gets recalled and he looks like an incompetent fool despite the fact it's the ruckmen being wildly out of position. It would be like standing on the wing for the centre square bounce.

Sent from mTalk

This.

Umps guidelines are for 12 - 15 metres length and about 20m high.

Seeing players continuously stand on the edge of the centre square for throw ins is infuriating. The boundary ump then has to give it extra to reach the players, lest it is not contestable and gets recalled and he looks like an incompetent fool despite the fact it's the ruckmen being wildly out of position. It would be like standing on the wing for the centre square bounce.

Sent from mTalk
ill correct and say it 18 metres for length, otherwise absolutely correct.

Its annoying for me, who as a boundary ump, see rucks set up 25-30 metres away and then get recalled for a good throw

ill correct and say it 18 metres for length, otherwise absolutely correct.

Its annoying for me, who as a boundary ump, see rucks set up 25-30 metres away and then get recalled for a good throw

You're probably right, a while since I watched the DVDs. Locally they're pretty good, stand a good distance so I can arc a nice throw. I feel for the AFL guys wrecking their bodies because nobody educates the players properly, and those umps have to give it everything just to get it near to where the rucks setup. The field umpies should instruct rucks to move closer if it falls short but within the limits of a good throw, rather than ask the boundary to add another 10 metres to his throw.

Sent from mTalk

Saw Chris Judd up at Stirling yesterday. Footballers should just stick to football. Saw him ride off on his bike. Not only was he heading straight for the freeway on ramp, but you'd rarely see a more incompetent looking bloke on a bike. Couldn't get his cleats into the pedals, nearly ran into the curb.
o57z84.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back