Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people talk about a single religion being bad when lots of religions have had horror patches in history...

I'm not talking about the issues with Islam, its about religion being brought into football as an excuse to knock a bloke out cold.
Oh, they say he's a good Muslim and it's out of character so he should be let off.

Who cares if he's a good Muslim a good Jew a good Christian or a good freakin Satanist. He knocked another player out. His actions on the footy field have no relevance to his religion off the field. That, and the whole Waleed and Turnbull s**t is what people aren't happy about.

He deserves to get booed because he's a flog.

Definitely no to all 3 of those FA's mentioned.
No room for Rockliff in our side. There isn't anyone you'd take out the middle for him.
If Jacko does move on then it should mean one of the younger forward types gets a run and in no way could they look any more lost in the forward 50 than JT the poor bastard.

I'd be ok with Motlop.

We have enough HB's to not even think of Duryea.

******* god no to ******* Suban

Motlop is a terrible idea. The last thing we need is another pea hearted downhill skier when our list is finally starting to look solid

Weagles supporters melting on 6PR tonight re their selections this week. Failure to draft SPP also mentioned in this context :p
Well ... Port do look at players and put a tick on who they like and watch them with interest and see how they are developing .. Weagles must have known SPP goes ok b geez or they did not give him a tick.
Too bloody late now :D because Port got him and he has signed on longer .. :p

Are you main boarding this hypocrisy?
It might also be a good time to mention that the only person I can remember being sanctioned for staging was Kane Cornes.
FYI on the main board's Houli thread in the Umpiring,MRP, Tribunal sub board - the one before the AFL appeal's Houli decision thread - I put the facts down for the Silvagni case in 2015, the Stephen May and Tom Jonas cases in 2016 and Houli's case, all of which went straight to the tribunal post the 2015 changes to the system.

The big difference is the starting point by the AFL counsel. In the first 3 cases the counsel was Jeff Glesson QC who used to love getting stuck into players and wanted at least 5 in the May's case (got 5), 6 in Silvagni's case (got 4) and 7 in Jonas' case (got 6). In Houli's case it was Andrew Woods who was acting for the AFL and was a little soft. Houli had the same charge as Silvagni ie Intentional + High impact to the head and Glesson's starting point was 6 games compared to Woods' in Houli's case was 4. I think Woods and the AFL might had built in the good bloke factor into the starting point of 4 where as Glesson would have ignored it.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...t-with-jed-lamb.1169402/page-53#post-51055700

Last edited:
Motlop, Duryea and Suban for those who can't access the article. Nope, nope and nope. Rooch reckons we've interviewed Rockliffe and told him no thanks, thereby destining him to the Crers.
We should talk to every free agent and then assess them and if they might fit in. It might be a short chat and a quick decision, but we should be making contact with the manager of every free agent unless they haven't played for a couple of seasons because of injury and are going to get delisted.

FYI on the main board's Houli thread in the Umpiring,MRP, Tribunal sub board - the one before the AFL appeal's Houli decision thread - I put the facts down for the Silvagni case in 2015, the Stephen May and Tom Jonas cases in 2016 and Houli's case, all of which went straight to the tribunal post the 2015 changes to the system.

The big difference is the starting point by the AFL counsel. In the first 3 cases the counsel was Jeff Glesson QC who used to love getting stuck into players and wanted at least 5 in the May's case (got 5), 6 in Silvagni's case (got 4) and 7 in Jonas' case (got 6). In Houli's case it was Andrew Woods who was acting for the AFL and was a little soft. Houli had the same charge as Silvagni ie Intentional + High impact to the head and Glesson's starting point was 6 games compared to Woods' in Houli's case was 4. I think Woods and the AFL might had built in the good bloke factor into the starting point of 4 where as Glesson would have ignored it.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...t-with-jed-lamb.1169402/page-53#post-51055700

What's the minimum if there is one for intentional high impact?
And wouldn't it make more sense for the AFL to have a minimum recommended penalty rather then leaving it up to whoever is "prosecuting" to decide?

That's a huge variance for intentional high impact. From 2 weeks(now over ruled to 4 weeks because of the backlash from fans), to 6-7 weeks.

Port Adelaide Power working the AFL free-agency list with room to score a major player

PORT Adelaide is in the AFL free-agent market - and the Power has significant salary cap room to score a high-grade player in October.

Despite recent reports of the Power facing a salary cap squeeze, the recent AFL-audited projections reveal Port Adelaide certainly has the capacity to make a major play in the free-agent market.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/44100b8b50df5b310a77b3259adc9b7c
Ports talk :)

What am I hearing about Sam Newman calling Dangerflog a perfumed midget and is this in video form?

Dangerflog is probably only about an inch shorter than huge ruckman newman.

Strange comment, sounds like sam desperately wanted to cal him a NTTAWWTter but knew he couldn't get away with it these days.

I dont like agreeing with dangerflog but sam has been nothing but a poor joke for more than a decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw big David mackay is back in for the crows. He's like the turd that won't get flushed. Heading over there for the melts :D
Had a quick squiz and it came to my attention that not only are they worried about losing Lever and McGovern but Cameron too. lol.

Id love it if we could somehow pinch lever. He'll be the best defender in the comp in a year or 2
Would cost us big time and I'm not sure we need another defender.

Doodah cant get a game while burton tears it up.
Burton rips brave tayla the texan a new one.

He won't wanna stay at the hawks for long. We need to target him to come home to SA
Yep Burton strikes me as one shining light in a pretty dim batch of future talent for the Hawks, would be good to get one back on them for pinching off us whilst we were having a rough patch adding to our current crop of young stars in the process.

If I recall didn't he support Port growing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back