Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I have a huge amount of respect for Sydney, but I was envious of Adelaide too last night. I'd love to support a more reliable team than what we are currently.
Coach, player development, gameplan, coach. In any 1v1 look how they seek to make 1st contact to move an oppo player
to disadvantage. Each player seems to kick within their limits of accuracy. Even at high speed they look in control because of how
well they are drilled. By comparison we look one dimensional, error prone and rely on hard work/desperation with individual
brilliance to score. Our strong point are other teams fumbles and clangers. In other words the showdown trending margins don't lie.
Pyke is a much better coach than Ken.

Signed
sad but true

No mention of the clear fact that Jenkins took possession of the ball in the last quarter and when he was grabbed tried to kick it and missed and no free was paid. From the resultant stoppage Jacobs took possession of the ball and swung his foot at it. It was marked dead in front by Mitch McGovern although it was questionable whether it travelled far enough.

I had a look at that Franklin multiple bounce goal. Naturally all the cows board are complaining about it, even the relatively conservative ones who accept that they had a good run with the umpires. Nowhere do I see that he ran too far as he was clear of Talia while coming off half-back and was bouncing regularly. Just before he went into the fifty he lost control of the ball so that does not count for distance run with the ball. He recovered it with 5 to go to the fifty and kicked it 10 into the fifty.

Lewis Melican, Will Hayward, Dean Towers, Callum Sinclair, George Hewett. I don't disagree with you'd larger point but every team is carrying a few kids or duds.

Also if you lump Steven Salopek in with that mob of spuds again fite me irl

Difference being last nightnight Sydneys kids were quiet and fumbly.. none of them played out of their skins, Towers wad almost playing for the Crows in the last.

Difference being last nightnight Sydneys kids were quiet and fumbly.. none of them played out of their skins, Towers wad almost playing for the Crows in the last.

As opposed to Chaplin who morphed into peak-Franz Beckenbauer in the absence of a hamstrung Daz Wakelin and duly got the 3 Brownlow votes.

That year is substantial proof parallel universes exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The factor that is most against the Crows winning the Grand Final imo, is that its played at the MCG.

They really seem a 10 goal better side at Etihad, than they are at the MCG.

I agree with you somewhat. There is no doubt they are a good side, and one of the Premiership favourites but...

Of the top 8 sides they have only played Melbourne and Geelong away from AO, with WCE to come in the last round, and Melbourne was in Darwin.

They have played GWS, Geelong, Sydney, WCE, us, Richmond & Melbourne at AO.

If you add in the sides around the 8, they played Essendon, St Kilda and Bulldogs at AO and Essendon at Etihad.

Their games at the MCG have been Hawthorn (about a 4 goal win), Carlton (2 goals) and a draw with Collingwood. That is hardly great form at the home of the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back