Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday night games for the next 5 weeks, coinciding with the bye rounds when there will only be 6 or 7 games. Going to be slim pickings on the weekends for footy addicts.

I may be in the minority, but even over the bye rounds I enjoy having a Thursday night fixture. It results in less doubling up over the weekend, and fewer days spent waiting for football's return the following week.

I may be in the minority, but even over the bye rounds I enjoy having a Thursday night fixture. It results in less doubling up over the weekend, and fewer days spent waiting for football's return the following week.

1438942208422.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, Essendon declares their interest in Martin.

AFL & Fox headline their articles with "VICTORIAN POWERHOUSE DECLARES INTEREST IN DUSTY"

Victorian powerhouse, lol. They've really worked overdrive this year to build Essendon up.

lol, Essendon declares their interest in Martin.

AFL & Fox headline their articles with "VICTORIAN POWERHOUSE DECLARES INTEREST IN DUSTY"

Victorian powerhouse, lol. They've really worked overdrive this year to build Essendon up.

victorian shithouse more like it lol

when was the last time they won a final again?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ax-player-movement-rules-20170524-gwcck3.html
Free agents for life: AFL to relax player movement rules

Fairfax Media understands that the AFL has agreed to introduce at least one of the following free agency platforms as early as next season and definitely by 2019:

• Free agency for life - any player remains a free agent after eight years of service in the game regardless of how many years he has played at his current club;
  • Portable free agency - any player can move to the club of his choice after eight years' service whether or not those years have all been at the one club;
  • Four-year free agency - any player earning on or under the median AFL wage would be free to choose a new club after four years of service.
Players potentially falling into that four-year category at the end of 2017 include Zak Jones (Sydney), Blake Acres (St Kilda), Jarman Impey (Port Adelaide), Daniel McStay (Brisbane) and Tom Barrass (West Coast).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ax-player-movement-rules-20170524-gwcck3.html

Fairfax Media understands that the AFL has agreed to introduce at least one of the following free agency platforms as early as next season and definitely by 2019:

• Free agency for life - any player remains a free agent after eight years of service in the game regardless of how many years he has played at his current club;
  • Portable free agency - any player can move to the club of his choice after eight years' service whether or not those years have all been at the one club;
  • Four-year free agency - any player earning on or under the median AFL wage would be free to choose a new club after four years of service.
Players potentially falling into that four-year category at the end of 2017 include Zak Jones (Sydney), Blake Acres (St Kilda), Jarman Impey (Port Adelaide), Daniel McStay (Brisbane) and Tom Barrass (West Coast).

AFL trying really hard to make those 'Big 4' clubs relevant again I see.

I couldn't design a better plan to turn our sport into a ******* joke if I tried.

So basically any time you draft a player and he turns into a gun in his fourth year he can walk to any club of his choice?

Any player between the age of say 23 and over you trade for can leave as a free agent when his contract expires. Just paid a first rounder and 2nd rounder for Ryder? Never mind he can leave for free agency compensation at the end of his contract, which would probably be nothing.

It would drop the value right out of trades. No one would want to trade for any players when almost everyone could be had as a free agent , and anyone who can't will be a free agent shortly after you trade for them. Draft picks would never get traded anymore other than late pick swaps.

Wanna get that fav players number on your jumper? Why bother if he is going to leave in a couple of years because that's the way the sport is heading. ******* hell.

This would be CBA related. Not necessarily the AFLs doing. Driven by the AFLPA.

This is going to make it very hard for the struggling clubs. Players will always take the easy out to an up and coming club or premiership window clubs. We've seen it already with FA as it is. It will just get worse.

Now more than ever we will need to draft locals. Good thing the SANFL is a developmental scrap yard.

Let me preface this by saying I don't know Josh Schache or anything about his personal life... but if* he leaves Brisbane then I wish him no success whatsoever.

*"when" might be more appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back