Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 5 - Cont. in Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems some people have been trying to discredit Richmond's premiership.

They were a strong team all year and if it wasn't for those hiccups against Freo, GWS, Sydney etc. they would have finished on top by the length of the Flemington straight. They were also good enough to get the job done in finals, and strong enough to get that monkey off their back by winning a final and beating Geelong first up. All I can say is good on them, and as a dyed in the wool Port supporter, I'll never, ever complain about them winning that Grand Final!

The "fairytale" before that is the one that irks me. A thoroughly deserving winner was blatantly corrupted out of a premiership just so the AFL could have people in Victoria talking about the Bravedogs. I didn't like them before but that Grand Final intensified it! I hope they miss finals again in 2018, and 2019 and so on, just for good measure.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...igated-over-sexual-harassment-20171217-h05zn1

"The AFL can confirm a club has reported a complaint under the respect and responsibility policy, which they want investigated. It involves an allegation of sexual harassment," a spokesman said.

"The AFL notes that the person has strongly denied the allegation and welcomes an investigation into the complaint and will fully cooperate."

Really? Last i heard they arent that close anymore after a business disagreement a few years ago.

"business disagreement"

427804_25337dcd5b1f39822fb005b22648b754.gif

That is an absolutely outstanding article. In depth, covers the technical side of it exceptionally well - painting a picture of the things you know as a football player but never really actually think about to express.

Was expecting a good read story wise, but to couple it with the in depth parts of the nuances of our game that are analogous to basketball really should be appreciated!

SEN's NBA guy Cam Luke interviewed ESPN.com reporter Kevin Arnovitz who wrote that article, yesterday on his basketball show. The first 7 minutes of 18 minute interview is about Aussie Rules and Simmons impact on basketball. Arnovitz says he was watching a game on TV with Patty Mills playing last year with a close friend from Melbourne, who lives in LA and is a huge NBA fan, who pointed out how Mills used AFL moves and explained them. The next year they are watching Simmons together and the Aussie friend once again points out some of Simmons' moves and why he is doing what he does. This then leads Arnovitz to go talk to 76ers coach Brett Brown.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=161761

That is an absolutely outstanding article. In depth, covers the technical side of it exceptionally well - painting a picture of the things you know as a football player but never really actually think about to express.

Was expecting a good read story wise, but to couple it with the in depth parts of the nuances of our game that are analogous to basketball really should be appreciated!

#imagen having (prominent) writers in this country that applied as much consideration to their writing. Arnovitz is notes for his prolific, daily writing of this illuminating calibre.

Mod note: continued in part 6 - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/port-forum-general-afl-talk-thread-part-6.1183913/

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back