Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 5 - Cont. in Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD had a belter of a trade period, a top Wirreanda lad and an even better bloke. One of the most freakish sportsman I've seen, could have played any sport.

Exactly I am not worried about our ability I am worried about our mental strength to stand up when it matters ! We haven't beaten top sides consistently or close games over the last 3 years.
As far as the cows they gained Gibbs and have lost Lever Cameron and Smith for next year, no one can say their side is stronger than this year.
I think that’s why an injection of a few quality outsiders is a good thing. Granted they aren’t from particularly successful sides, but they have come here to take that next step and will have that determination.

Where do people rank us as a list? I hate to say it but I've got Geelong and crows ahead of us.

Looking forward to being proven wrong though

In no particular order

Top 7

Port
Adelaide
Richmond
Sydney
Gws
Essendon
Geelong

Fighting to make up last finals spot

Melb
Dogs

Non finalists

West coast
Saints

Hawthorn

Pies
Freo

Bottom 4 again

Bris
Blues
Norf
gcs

Think the top 7 are pretty much a lock. Just up in the air the order they finish. I think Richmond suffer a drop like dogs but not as harsh. They'll limp into 5-7th spot on the ladder.

In no particular order

Top 7

Port
Adelaide
Richmond
Sydney
Gws
Essendon
Geelong

Fighting to make up last finals spot

Melb
Dogs

Non finalists

West coast
Saints

Hawthorn

Pies
Freo

Bottom 4 again

Bris
Blues
Norf
gcs

Think the top 7 are pretty much a lock. Just up in the air the order they finish. I think Richmond suffer a drop like dogs but not as harsh. They'll limp into 5-7th spot on the ladder.
I'd have Hawks ahead of the dogs at this stage. Hard to see which team out of those 7 could drop out.

I'm probably feeling more excited for next years season than I have the last few.

I think it will be a much different season than this years, not being as close and the gap between the top teams and mediocre teams being a lot bigger.

Bring it on

Doctor Feel Where is that crow 4 lyfe template?
22555259_1486087544837653_9209048848822579197_n.jpg
Recent upgrade of the convention centre seems to have paid off in bringing the International Clown Convention to town.

CEOs to discuss free agency compensation formula

"The controversial secret formula used to determine compensation picks if a club loses a free agent will be discussed when AFL CEOs meet in November ahead of the 2017 national draft.

Clubs were shocked during the trade period when Geelong received the same compensation for losing Steven Motlop to Port Adelaide as the Brisbane Lions received for losing their former skipper Tom Rockliff."

Lever left for money but Gibbs took a pay cut #walkernomics

Obviously I call bullshit. Nevermind that Lever was being paid peanuts. Gibbs would be earning exactly what Carlton were going to pay him plus 2 extra seasons on decent coin. Nah he’s taking a pay cut. Surely Josh Jenkins can’t be taking up the entire celery cap.

Obviously I call bullshit. Nevermind that Lever was being paid peanuts. Gibbs would be earning exactly what Carlton were going to pay him plus 2 extra seasons on decent coin. Nah he’s taking a pay cut. Surely Josh Jenkins can’t be taking up the entire celery cap.

Yar, u can't take someone's current 4 year deal and then reduce it when you trade them in even if you both agree, doesn't work that way.

Want to like your post but instinctive dislike of Adelaide players, even former players is preventing me. :D

Personally he had me won over after watching his hit on Houston, obviously was peaking at the time, but the hit together with the stand over showed he had mongrel as well as speed, rare combination

A late high hit on a kid? If i remember correctly his faux attempt at an apology seemed more like he was worried about the consequences. More of a coward for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong's top end is phenomenal, but they drop away so quickly.

Danger, Selwood, Ablett is up there with Voss, Black, Akermanis & Lappin

Hawkins, Taylor, Henderson, Smith & Duncan are all quality. But then who else is there? Bliczavs, Menzel and ???

Who will kick the other 8 to 10 goals that Hawkins and Menzel don't kick?

Who will provide the run out of the back half with Mackie gone? Touhy?

Their AFL quality extends to about 20 or 21 players. The rest are kids. If injury strikes they are done.

Menegola has played some outstanding footy in his couple of seasons there. Scott Selwood one of the better defensively focused mids going around too. Tuohy probably deserves rating in that secondary bracket as well.

I agree depth is not quite as strong as their competitors, but that top three does have some high quality support around it and if it clicks at the right time I can't see why they wouldn't be a bloody good chance of taking it out.

Some of the Carlton BF posters are saying that he's on the same contract but the cows are paying less than them as the contract was heavily front-loaded.

Some of the Carlton BF posters are saying that he's on the same contract but the cows are paying less than them as the contract was heavily front-loaded.

So the AFC spinners aren't lying - they're just being economical with the truth.

Charlie is a bit of wonder to see live in the flesh. He has blistering speed and fantastic acceleration over 20-30m. If he keeps that then on those dry warm winter days at the Gabba he will be a weapon for Brisbane. 5 goals in a PF most of which were a result of his hard work, no Joe the Goose handballs, shows his potential. He won't play like that 22+ games per year but get 10+ games a year where he impacts on a game like than, no he doesn't have to kick 5 goals in all those 10+ games, Brisbane are on a winner.

He will be an absolute and unequivocal flop.

Credit to the Crows though for selling at the peak instead of ending up with a 4th rounder like we did for Young.

To be fair, they had no say in this. If they they had their way he would have played with them in 2018 and then only be worth a second rounder as an uncontracted player. They are just lucky their hand was forced, really.

To be fair, they had no say in this. If they they had their way he would have played with them in 2018 and then only be worth a second rounder as an uncontracted player. They are just lucky their hand was forced, really.
Strange that Brisbane got bent over in the trade when they held the whip hand - player wanted out, wanted to go to them, could threaten to walk next year for SFA etc. Pick 12 under those circumstances, FMD. I'm glad the Crows showed compassion to Cameron otherwise Brisbane would have given them Pick 1.

It was all about the compassion.
They didn't really even want a draft pick really. Just wanted to see a young bloke reunited with his family

Strange that Brisbane got bent over in the trade when they held the whip hand - player wanted out, wanted to go to them, could threaten to walk next year for SFA etc. Pick 12 under those circumstances, FMD.

Draft picks are like Monopoly money to certain clubs.

I think the word the crows are looking for is compression. They squeezed Charlie's balls until they nearly burst then let go and want credit for stopping the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back