Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also tipped the Tigers on the back of a much more sophisticated analysis.

Ha! My mum has a superstitious belief that white shorts are bad luck.
She's a Crows supporter. I might need to send this to her.

Lol Atkins isn't captaining apparently. It's lynch.

Rory+Atkins+vFucMlL8rdMm.jpg

So I am preparing for my Ultimate Footy Draft on the 11th of March and there is a player that I am looking at closely - Travis Boak.
With the addition of Motlop and Watts, I would have thought that he would be playing more of an inside midfield roll (more fantasy points) than the half forward roll of 2017.
What are your guys thoughts? Has he been training with the kids pre-season or more with the forwards.
Any information is much appreciated, thanks guys!

So I am preparing for my Ultimate Footy Draft on the 11th of March and there is a player that I am looking at closely - Travis Boak.
With the addition of Motlop and Watts, I would have thought that he would be playing more of an inside midfield roll (more fantasy points) than the half forward roll of 2017.
What are your guys thoughts? Has he been training with the kids pre-season or more with the forwards.

Too early to say really. The arrival of Rockliff has the potential to squeeze him out of the mid rotations even further.
If your'e looking for a 100 point average, look elsewhere, but he should be good for 80-90.

Also, wrong thread :thumbsu:

if anything he will be more of a lock at the HFF this year

expect an average in the 80s, there is some more discussion about him In this thread

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-supercoach-dream-team-afl-fantasy.1185673/page-3

afl.com.au have Sloane gone already:

Adelaide v Fremantle at Strathalbyn Oval (Strathalbyn), 1.35pm ACDT

ADELAIDE

B: R.Laird 29, D.Talia 12, J.Kelly 8
HB: K.Cheney 25, A.Otten 22, L.Brown 16
C: M.Poholke 10, B.Gibbs 6, P.Seedsman 11
HF: C.Hampton 17, T.Lynch 27, D.Mackay 14
F: S.Gibson 20, J.Jenkins 4, R.Atkins (c) 21
Foll: S.Jacobs 24, C.Ellis-Yolmen 28, M.Crouch 5
I/C: P.Wilson 31, E.Himmelberg 34, M.Signorello 35, P.Hunter 37, H.Dear 38, T.Doedee 39, B.Davis 40, M.McGovern 41, A.Keath 42, R.O'Brien 43, L.Murphy 44, D.Fogarty 32

Notable absentees: Taylor Walker, Brodie Smith, Brad Crouch, Riley Knight

Lol Atkins isn't captaining apparently. It's lynch.

I'm sure everyone feels this way, rightly or wrongly, about a rival's players.

But between those two and Jenkins did they actively recruit using Ancestry's seeyounextchewsdee genetic test?

You can literally see grubs squirming out of every pore.

afl.com.au have Sloane gone already:

Adelaide v Fremantle at Strathalbyn Oval (Strathalbyn), 1.35pm ACDT

ADELAIDE

B: R.Laird 29, D.Talia 12, J.Kelly 8
HB: K.Cheney 25, A.Otten 22, L.Brown 16
C: M.Poholke 10, B.Gibbs 6, P.Seedsman 11
HF: C.Hampton 17, T.Lynch 27, D.Mackay 14
F: S.Gibson 20, J.Jenkins 4, R.Atkins (c) 21
Foll: S.Jacobs 24, C.Ellis-Yolmen 28, M.Crouch 5
I/C: P.Wilson 31, E.Himmelberg 34, M.Signorello 35, P.Hunter 37, H.Dear 38, T.Doedee 39, B.Davis 40, M.McGovern 41, A.Keath 42, R.O'Brien 43, L.Murphy 44, D.Fogarty 32

Notable absentees: Taylor Walker, Brodie Smith, Brad Crouch, Riley Knight

Yeah I spotted that too and had a chuckle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE GWS Giants’ injury curse has continued, with emerging midfielder Will Setterfield suffering a suspected ACL rupture in the club’s practice match against the Sydney Swans on Friday night.

Setterfield was tackled by young Swan Jordan Foote on the wing and landed awkwardly on his left knee.

Devestating for GWS and Setterfield :(

Always has to be a hard-luck story and unfortunately it had to be him this time.

Memba how that team an hour west of Melbourne were allegedly all 'we're emphasising Geelong Cats because GFC has yucky acronymical connotations with that financial clusterfolk aye'?

I don't think GWS also standing for Get Well Soon is helping their fortunes any is the incredibly long bow I'm drawing.

Devestating for GWS and Setterfield :(

Always has to be a hard-luck story and unfortunately it had to be him this time.

Was interested in seeing him play as wasn't a heap a lot of coverage of him pre-draft nor did he have a chance to break through last year.

So GWS have now lost Mumford, Stevie J, Devon Smith, Nathan Wilson, Matthew Kennedy, Zac Williams and now Setterfield from the players who were available to them last year. Seriously starting to think that they could be sliders.

So GWS have now lost Mumford, Stevie J, Devon Smith, Nathan Wilson, Matthew Kennedy, Zac Williams and now Setterfield from the players who were available to them last year. Seriously starting to think that they could be sliders.

Dylan Shiel can't carry the midfield alone, and with Jeremy Cameron nowhere near his best up forward they've gotta rob peter to pay Paul and play Greene more up forward.

I think they are in a fair bit of strife.

Lobb is their first ruck now and hes more of a Westhoff than a first ruck.

Plus their defensive run is going to take a huge hit with those names missing down there. Could slide big time in the scores from kickouts.

Dylan Shiel can't carry the midfield alone, and with Jeremy Cameron nowhere near his best up forward they've gotta rob peter to pay Paul and play Greene more up forward.

Their midfield is still okay. They've still got plenty of top line talent in Kelly, Coniglio, Ward, Whitfield, Shiel and Scully. It's their depth if they get anymore injuries that would be a concern.

Greene of GWS also out with a injured toe he hurt in New York when he 'apparently' stubbed his toe against a wall!

Plus their defensive run is going to take a huge hit with those names missing down there. Could slide big time in the scores from kickouts.

You might find if GWS struggle up forward for marks, Lobb will end up down there and D Simpson will come in and ruck.

I can't be the only one who feels Jeremy Cameron is a monumental failure compared to how good everyone seems to think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back