Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So they can trade those players out for more high draft picks when they want to leave in a few years ?
No, they’ll be dreaming of getting Rankine and Lukosius, those SA fellas. It’s the only hope they have of keeping good players, rather than trying to fix what it is that has interstaters leaving as soon as they get a sniff of an out.

In 2004 -

Josh Carr played 16 of a possible 22 minor round games.
Roger James 16 of 22.
Gavin Wanganeen 16 of 22.
Brett Montgomery 11 of 22
Damien Hardwick 11 of 22.
Byron Pickett 12 of 22
Matthew Primus 1 of 22.
Adam Kingsley 16 of 22
Steven Salooek 8 of 22
Josh Francou 0 of 22 (included because they include Brodie Smith)
Lost Alistair Clarkson from the coaches box after signing with Hawthorn.

Minor Premiership
AFL Premiership.

Injury list needs an honorary mention of Michael Wilson's shoulders.

No, they’ll be dreaming of getting Rankine and Lukosius, those SA fellas. It’s the only hope they have of keeping good players, rather than trying to fix what it is that has interstaters leaving as soon as they get a sniff of an out.

No chance they turn Lynch into Lukosius, they’d have to trade Lynch and their first pick for any chance at getting a pick high enough.

Hopefully Port has it's own plans in regards to the SA talent. We've done pretty well out of the draft in recent years so they should know who to keep an eye on. Rankine and Lukosius will undoubtedly go very early so it'll be interesting to see if they're even a possibility of staying in SA.

Anyone that pays up big for Lynch is crazy and with Sloane's injury, he could be a big risk.

Hopefully Port has it's own plans in regards to the SA talent. We've done pretty well out of the draft in recent years so they should know who to keep an eye on. Rankine and Lukosius will undoubtedly go very early so it'll be interesting to see if they're even a possibility of staying in SA.
Yes would rather they went interstate if we can’t draft them.

Well, I know for a fact that Phuc Nukal has cancelled his online membership and microwaved his online membership card!

#offtheonlinewagon
We should arrange a mass burning of printed out online memberships.

It would be the best way to point out and take the piss out of their fake membership numbers and their performance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes would rather they went interstate if we can’t draft them.

We'll go after the best available talent anyway. They don't have the luxury of that strategy.

Lynch must be gone. It sounds like the message coming out now is a positive spin on the high draft picks Crows could get in the super draft.
They will definitely spin it ad astute list management and try to liken it to the Hawks with Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine will be available at whatever 1st pick the Crows have. They might even pass him over. I still hold hope he is the big slider of the draft and ends up with us...

In 2004 -

Josh Carr played 16 of a possible 22 minor round games.
Roger James 16 of 22.
Gavin Wanganeen 16 of 22.
Brett Montgomery 11 of 22
Damien Hardwick 11 of 22.
Byron Pickett 12 of 22
Matthew Primus 1 of 22.
Adam Kingsley 16 of 22
Steven Salooek 8 of 22
Josh Francou 0 of 22 (included because they include Brodie Smith)
Lost Alistair Clarkson from the coaches box after signing with Hawthorn.

Minor Premiership
AFL Premiership.

and some people still think Brisbane still deserved that 4th flag in a row. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Anyone that pays up big for Lynch is crazy and with Sloane's injury, he could be a big risk.
Lynch is ok, but any other club that's stupid enough to not realise part of the reason he looks as good as he does is a) he's one of 4 talls most weeks and b) the Crows system is built around player interchangeability are idiots. This system takes them to finals most years (*curses*), but has it's ceiling. He's ok, but only ok. He'd look downright average in a lot of sides, if he had to be the 1st or 2nd KPF, in a side that only plays 2. Any club that parts with a first round pick for him, deserves the scorn that would soon enough go their way.

He's not early 20's like Lever either, to get 10+ years out of. he'll be 28 at the start of next season. I'd be happy to have him at Port, but disregarding anyway he's from Adelaide, I wouldn't be happy paying a pick prior to 20 for him. Hopefully this time there aren't clubs that blink like Brisbane did with Cameron last year. Best option really is they keep him at a good chunk of their salary cap, tying that cash up, to keep them from the trade / free agent chase for the next two / three years. Then he's retired and nothing has been gotten for him.

Last edited:
Rankine will be available at whatever 1st pick the Crows have. They might even pass him over. I still hold hope he is the big slider of the draft and ends up with us...
Besides him not being available, there's no way Adelaide with their player retention problems are going to pass him by. Look they may puff the chest out and say all of them were money not other issues, but that bravado will no way translate to draft day them coming out and grabbing a Victorian over Rankine, on the very slim chance he's still there.

Lynch is ok, but any other club that's stupid enough to not realise part of the reason he looks as good as he does is a) he's one of 4 talls most weeks and b) the Crows system is built around player interchangeability. Which takes them to finals most years (*curses*), but has it's ceiling. He's ok, but only ok He'd look downright average in a lot of sides, if he had to be the 1st or 2nd KPF, in a side that only plays 2. Any club that parts with a first round pick for him, deserves the scorn that would soon enough go their way.

He's not early 20's like Lever either, to get 10+ years out of. he'll be 28 at the start of next season. I'd be happy to have him at Port, but disregarding anyway he's from Adelaide, I wouldn't be happy paying a pick lower then 20 for him. Hopefully this time there aren't clubs that blink like Brisbane did with Cameron last year. Best option really is they keep him at a good chunk of their salary cap, tying that cash up them from the trade / free agent chase for the next two / three years. Then he's retired and nothing has been gotten for him.

I think Brisbane blinked because they couldn't believe someone actually wanted to go there. Can't see a similar thing happening with a Victorian club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back