Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to keep up with the Crows fall from grace, but when you read their board to learn a bit and you see them talking about needing to bring in Fogarty as if the 8 touch and goal a game kid is a superstar, then it's obvious they're in trouble.

Since I've been away they are 1-5, who would've ever predicted that.
Collective minds.

I haven't been able to keep up with the Crows fall from grace, but when you read their board to learn a bit and you see them talking about needing to bring in Fogarty as if the 8 touch and goal a game kid is a superstar, then it's obvious they're in trouble.

Since I've been away they are 1-5, who would've ever predicted that.
Stay away!

So, this morning, I went down this wikipedia rabbit hole, reading about a propaganda concept called "whataboutism"

It's defined as logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument

Such as, when the Soviet Union was accused of human rights abuses by the USA, their reply would often be "And you are lynching Negroes"

It reminded me of when we criticise Adelaide for losing last year's grand final they were heavily favoured to win against Richmond, a team who hadn't even won a final since 2001 until last year, doing a silly ineffectual stance during the national anthem, their supporters reply often being "you lost the 2007 Grand Final by 119 points"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember last year when they said they had us before the Showdown because a couple of our players wore long sleeve guernseys? Bryce Gibbs is their kryptonite .

Crows supporters happy as the slip down the ladder and get earlier picks than the Power and able to draft SA lads.
They think they’ll do a Hawthorn and not a Carlton.

They look like they are missing a Lever and a Cameron type.

If they had any brains they'd target those two in the trade period. It'll cost them though.

lets hope they waste their draft picks on those types of players instead of using them in the draft

Rowey has had enough. You sense he's going to tip it on the entire club pretty soon. He knows what's been going on in the joint and he ain't happy. Oh boy I hope he goes all rogue ambassador...

No..no..no. The Crows will write a strongly worded email which will entail Nigel Smart will be taking over Rowies spot on 5AA.

Just bad luck I guess...

MEDICAL ROOM

Adelaide: Sam Gibson left the ground in the second quarter with "hamstring awareness" in his left leg. The once-durable Kangaroo played 130 straight games before being a late withdrawal from the Crows' round one side with a hamstring injury. Gibson returned to the field in the third term after a rigorous fitness test.
Oh dear..high performance dept hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back