Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no changes at the Korp thx it's going beautifully from my point of view.
To be fair, their draw after the bye is pretty straightforward: West Coast in Adelaide, Richmond MCG, and Geelong in Adelaide........

The Hawks disposal by foot was sensational last night, I lost count of the times their players didn't have to move any more than a metre or so to receive an outlet pass from a team mate coming out of defence or through the midfield.
Disposal of that quality is worth its weight in gold and their `rebuild ' isn't going to take long at all, they will be top 4 again within a season or two.

I haven't been able to keep up with the Crows fall from grace, but when you read their board to learn a bit and you see them talking about needing to bring in Fogarty as if the 8 touch and goal a game kid is a superstar, then it's obvious they're in trouble.

Since I've been away they are 1-5, who would've ever predicted that.
And they now have a thread for just about every player and official at the club wanting them gone lol. New ones pop up each day.
I guess even the customers can take only so much bullshit about chunks and mechanisms before they lose their collective minds.
Ideally try to feel a bit sorry for them but then I remember what self entitled destructive corporation they are and I think stuff ‘em.

Like Darcy Fogarty.

I think the crows have generally drafted well overall. Fortunately some have departed. Their reserves haven't set the world on fire in the past few years but they seem to get decent development into the individual younger player. So I fear they'll make very good use of their early picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows preparing a priority pick pitch.
The last time they did that was in 2001 when they drafted perennial f**k-up Laurence Angwin, they drafted him at pick 7 and cut him loose after one year at the club. They asked the AFL for a priority pick due to him being “unfit for football”.

And he’s still their highest ever draft pick

Trying way too hard to get that membership at the country club.

That green door on North Terrace will always be closed to Tex, no matter what he does.

I think the crows have generally drafted well overall. Fortunately some have departed. Their reserves haven't set the world on fire in the past few years but they seem to get decent development into the individual younger player. So I fear they'll make very good use of their early picks.
We had best enjoy the remainder of this season one helluva lot because come trade period and next year the SA media will saturate us with the Crows new draftees. McLeod Mk lV Danger Mk IiI Roo Mk III etc.
It will be absolutely unbearable and I for one will be back to listening to podcasts and watching Netflix for my sanity.

The Hawks disposal by foot was sensational last night, I lost count of the times their players didn't have to move any more than a metre or so to receive an outlet pass from a team mate coming out of defence or through the midfield.
Disposal of that quality is worth its weight in gold and their `rebuild ' isn't going to take long at all, they will be top 4 again within a season or two.

That's the next level of achievement by a modern afl club I reckon. How quickly can a club win a flag after having won three in a row.

We had best enjoy the remainder of this season one helluva lot because come trade period and next year the SA media will saturate us with the Crows new draftees. McLeod Mk lV Danger Mk IiI Roo Mk III etc.
It will be absolutely unbearable and I for one will be back to listening to podcasts and watching Netflix for my sanity.

Yeah that's a given. It's also hard to gauge how good the sa draftees are because the crows media are too hypo. Over the years they've predicted many sa boys getting drafted in the top 3 and they're nowhere near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back