Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people actually enjoy BT?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
The sad thing is, I actually think that when he just calls the game as it's happening, he's one of the best play by play commentators when he's not f***ing up everyone's names. It's just that he spends so much time trying to be a personality that he makes a total d***head of himself. I'm not sure any of this is a compliment to him. More that we severely lack commentators who can keep up with calling the play.

Never understood the lack of confidence Cameron has in big Simpson, they always seem to play better when he is there winning the ruck. Certainly going to give you a better chance than Lachie Keefe.

They've been smashed by injuries, but been an exceptionally lacklustre season so far from the Giants hard to see them turning it around.

Geelong just keep on keeping on. Quality system they've got. Enough to win the flag? Like previous years suspect they might fall in the prelim again but they'll go close at the pointy end.

There was a point in Q4 that the game was Cats 12.3-3.8.

Geelong was +4 in scores, but +49 (8.1) on the board.

"Score goals, and everything will be fine." Football can be simple sometimes...

Roo is also awful but I find him slightly more tolerable than BT.

Kelli is just generic and boring, she is a bit like Dermy in her ability to drag the fun out of the game. She is far, far better than Roo and BT though for me. Middle of the road >>> utter dogshit

Hopefully clubs start raiding this GWS list. Waste of a franchise.

Think last week 21 former GWS players lined up at other clubs. That's raided enough. Now they are just a club and probably a major issue for the AFL in that they have plateaued and have no market share in Sydney.

This in turn becomes a problem for us because the afl demand that GWS not become the basket case that is likely in the not distant future expect something like an increased ( substantially) salary cap. It will happen.

Hawkins should get games. He looked directly at the umpire and hit his hand away. The integrity of the AFL again under scrutiny. Assuming they had any to start with.
It’s Geelong, get a grip.

Hawkins should get games. He looked directly at the umpire and hit his hand away. The integrity of the AFL again under scrutiny. Assuming they had any to start with.
If you deepfaked Jonas into a video of that incident and sent it to Ling and his cronies there would be calls to have our license revoked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roo is also awful but I find him slightly more tolerable than BT.

Kelli is just generic and boring, she is a bit like Dermy in her ability to drag the fun out of the game. She is far, far better than Roo and BT though for me. Middle of the road >>> utter dogshit

I only know Kelli Underwood for that call on the Bartel point after siren, which was mildly gross.

Dermott though. He's on gear for sure. He's always picking minuscule events in a game and obsessing over them.

Last week he talked endlessly about the Bonner's ripped guernsey.

I can see why the umpire gave the 50mtr, cause that was a dog act by Hawkins, knee'd him the back. Dont tell me he was going for mark from 2 meters back when he had already taken the mark. if the knee made contact when the ball was still up for grabs, then thats fine, however not in this case. Thats reportable in my eyes. Could of cracked a disc, rib.

Touching an umpire should a be an automatic suspension.

So.. according to Herald Sun...more revelations in the Ross Lyon saga.
The hush money er settlement was more than $100 k
It was not just a single throwaway comment but he followed her around the party hassling her after his original comment about her pregnant boobs.
Freo handled it poorly internally before she took it further.

FU AFL for protecting your senior figure while hanging a young 20 year old out to dry.

It was not just a single throwaway comment but he followed her around the party hassling her after his original comment about her pregnant boobs.

FU AFL for protecting your senior figure while hanging a young 20 year old out to dry.

I think we need to see pictures of said boobs to see if it was in effect a right call by Lyon?

Okay you got me

100K, jeepers.
Gillon has to go pronto!!!

Was under the impression it was something like 3 months pay which sounded reasonable if he was just a bit obnoxious and she wasn't about to work with him anymore. Also wasn't it a workcover settlement? 100ks sounds a ridiculous amount for work cover to pay out and Ross still be allowed to keep his job?

Was there ever a sight more pathetic than Matthew Richardson interviewing him and trying to get him off?

There was a point in Q4 that the game was Cats 12.3-3.8.
Geelong was +4 in scores, but +49 (8.1) on the board.
"Score goals, and everything will be fine." Football can be simple sometimes...

Geelong was only 4 scores up at that time but were way ahead of GWS in how they were playing, and 49 points was a better reflection than the 4.0 it could have been. The Giants played so weakly and made so many errors that were intercepted, Geelong had a majority of their shots for goal from in front or on a slight angle and under no or little pressure. You still need to kick them but the Giants made it easy by allowing Geelong to have numerous easy set shots. And of the Giants 4.8, I recall 2 points before their score was 1.4 that they should have got, but Geelong stopped them having easy shots which led to a lot of the scrambled behinds.

Unfortunately the list of bad commentators eclipses the ok commentators.

That’s what happens when it’s jobs for the boys rather than actually trying to recruit and develop people.

In my mind the best commentator is the one you don’t notice. It should be about the game. Unfortunately most commentators all want to show how clever they are and it’s 2 hours of look at me and how clever i am. w***ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back