Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ban alcohol at pubs too to avoid a fight breaking out?

Why not, it’s societies biggest scourge that people don’t want to talk about.
Biggest cause of domestic violence.
Health issues
All for us to fabricate a feeling of happiness before a large segment become socially intolerant and offensive.

Massive brawl in the crowd during geelong and Melbourne game.. a lot bigger than anything we've seen at Adelaide oval.

Saw a bit of video of that today. Fat old blokes throwing haymakers. Should know better at their age. At least that's what the cop said to me last time. :p

Why not, it’s societies biggest scourge that people don’t want to talk about.
Biggest cause of domestic violence.
Health issues
All for us to fabricate a feeling of happiness before a large segment become socially intolerant and offensive.

I believe societies biggest scourge are the general pressures of life, centered in rising financial disparity and cost of living, leading to the desire to fabricate happiness, but ok. Must be the grog.

I believe societies biggest scourge are the general pressures of life, centered in rising financial disparity and cost of living, leading to the desire to fabricate happiness, but ok. Must be the grog.

You could be right games like AFL create a distraction of the day to day morsern form of slavery which is work and mortgage. People seek to break away free of it by turning to the dreaded drink!

Am i sensing a few reformed drinkers in this thread? They're always a load of fun.

FWIW ban alcohol at games or don't ban it, it doesn't bother me. However if we are honest emotions run high at the football especially in games like last night and people can go off with or without alcohol.

FishingRick04 channeling Wrinkles Cornes.. the dreaded drink! it's the minority that can't handle it old mate why spoil the fun for everyone else, Junk food destroys lives too where's the outrage.
There is plenty of outrage about junk food. Where have you been?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*in hell, one minute people are like 'overpopulation is the biggest problem facing the Earth!', then they are like 'we need to educate everyone to be healthier and failing that, ban everything, so everybody can live longer!'

Matty Lobbe has started okay for the blues.
He is having a great game. Cant believe he hasnt had a game yet in this crap Carlton side! He is easily matching Ceglar, has had effective tackles, high disposals, and plenty of hit outs.

Maybe we should try poach him next year!!!!! :huh:

****in hell, one minute people are like 'overpopulation is the biggest problem facing the Earth!', then they are like 'we need to educate everyone to be healthier and failing that, ban everything, so everybody can live longer!'
Overpopulation won't be fixed by shorter, shittier life-spans. We just have to start, as a planet, having less children. Then we can have long, healthier lives sustainably. We need a few generations of one-child policy, globally.

edit: yes, I know this would be impossible to achieve.

****in hell, one minute people are like 'overpopulation is the biggest problem facing the Earth!', then they are like 'we need to educate everyone to be healthier and failing that, ban everything, so everybody can live longer!'
I'm not a food nazi but I do giggle when a SMOKING DEATH!! ad is followed by a Pizza Hut hot dog crust ad.

We don't even have a ruck coach. Pretty sure we just lump it under "That dude no one knows...graves? Greaves? Yeah, give it to him along with whatever else he does."

No wonder we never develop our own rucks.

Would be nice to have skills and ruck coaches that are stand alone. I don't count our skills analyst as a coach as he's just a data dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back