Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see how many people are salivating over what we may get by trading out our best players. Get ready for a set of different reactions when we slide right down the ladder after getting through a season with a third-rate list.
Seems a lot of teams have the idea that trading out your best for draft picks is the way to have a tilt at a flag. But they forget that it's the destination and not the journey that is the most important. Teams that throw the baby out with the bath water are taking one step forward and two steps back most times. Improving the list, not getting rid of your best to get something different is what is required.
If we do clear out our best players (I'd prefer if we cleared out other players), I'm fully expecting a slide down the ladder next year. There's only so far you can expect first year players to take the team, even if they are immensely talented.

If we do clear out our best players (I'd prefer if we cleared out other players), I'm fully expecting a slide down the ladder next year. There's only so far you can expect first year players to take the team, even if they are immensely talented.
There will be plenty expecting a slide down the table but my post was more reserved for those who want the clear out but will then blast the team when they do that clear out and then have an unsuccessful year.

Interesting to see how many people are salivating over what we may get by trading out our best players. Get ready for a set of different reactions when we slide right down the ladder after getting through a season with a third-rate list.
Seems a lot of teams have the idea that trading out your best for draft picks is the way to have a tilt at a flag. But they forget that it's the destination and not the journey that is the most important. Teams that throw the baby out with the bath water are taking one step forward and two steps back most times. Improving the list, not getting rid of your best to get something different is what is required.
It’s daft.
Polec leaving for coin is one thing.
Wingard leaving is bloody ridiculous, he’s our ‘franchise player’. He must pissed off about someone.

Wingard gets traded and I’m done. You don’t trade out 25y.o. multiple times AA players.

The fact that we’ve allowed the circus to build points to how poorly we are run right now. Kochie could have killed this weeks ago but opened his fat mouth instead, in fact I can’t recall a time where him opening his gob actually helped

"Twelve months ago when Mitchell signed he obviously had a belief and thoughts on where the club was going over the journey," Young told the NAB AFL Trade Radio launch.
"During the 12 months since he signed, the club's been on a bit of a rollercoaster so Mitch had been having meetings regularly on where he thought the club was going.

Nice way of saying will they win anything in my career. If Mitch McGovern's interest in staying with the Crows has waned why is one of the clubs involved in talks Carlton? Maybe they could be a stepping stone and involved in a multi-club deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-19/the-surprising-reason-forward-wants-out-of-adelaide

It’s daft.
Polec leaving for coin is one thing.
Wingard leaving is bloody ridiculous, he’s our ‘franchise player’. He must pissed off about someone.
Every time I hear one of our top players may be leaving I just think about Scott Camporeale's trick when he played for Carlton. Every time his contract came up rumours started to abound about him getting homesick.

Every time I hear one of our top players may be leaving I just think about Scott Camporeale's trick when he played for Carlton. Every time his contract came up rumours started to abound about him getting homesick.
I don’t think Wingard would be cash motivated to the extent he’d leave, it’s either total bullshit or there’s stuff we don’t know.

I don’t think Wingard would be cash motivated to the extent he’d leave, it’s either total bullshit or there’s stuff we don’t know.

Dr Feelup knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

42156894_327375374664353_2977777242374930432_n.jpg

There’s something about the players West Coast recruit that just screams “campaigner”.

They’ve got a whole Third Reich, Master Race thing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back