Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it in perspective, the first time Harvey played against Port was our 4th ever game in the AFL. Yep: I'd say the odds of somebody passing his record would be akin to the odds of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton becoming lovers :)

donald-hillary-800.jpg

She looks rather enamored with him in this photo. Then again, so does Slick Willy :p

I'm also stoked for Harvey. The same was probably said about Tuck's record, but I don't reckon anyone's gonna catch Boomer now!

What a round for milestones: Mitchell 300, Bartell 300, Enright becomes Geelong games record holder, Pavlich 350 and Harvey's all time games record!

What a round for milestones: Mitchell 300, Bartell 300, Enright becomes Geelong games record holder, Pavlich 350 and Harvey's all time games record!
And hopefully my birthday weekend won't include a loss against Brisbane: I can think of better presents.....

If they finished 4th theyd presumably play Hawthorn first week in finals at MCG, couldnt see them winning that.

Following week would probably be an AO final, but I reckon theyd have to play 4 weeks straight to make the GF.

The danger obviously is that they finish top 2, fingers crossed it doesnt happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the AFL have warned us over Chad's behavoiur in the norf game after giving a bit of lip to that campaigner Harvey!.

The reason the AFL knew about it is cause Harvey squelled like a pig to his avout it and then norf squelled to the AFL

Seriously f*** the AFL atm and f*** Harvey this week and and i hope norf miss the 8.

If they finished 4th theyd presumably play Hawthorn first week in finals at MCG, couldnt see them winning that.

Following week would probably be an AO final, but I reckon theyd have to play 4 weeks straight to make the GF.

The danger obviously is that they finish top 2, fingers crossed it doesnt happen.

If they finish top 2 they finish top 2. There's nothing we can do about it so just deal with it I reckon. No one can say they don't deserve it either. They've arguably been the most consistent team all year, with their only real "down" game a mere 5 goal loss at Kardinia Park. Still don't think they'll win the flag as I think a few teams, most notably Hawthorn, still have an extra gear to go to in finals while the crows have probably shown their entire hand, but anything is possible if you put yourself in the grand final, and they're giving themselves every chance to do that.

The crows still to me are the team that will take it out. If they finish 4th or higher it will be hard to stop them from getting in the gf.

And hopefully my birthday weekend won't include a loss against Brisbane: I can think of better presents.....
If we lost to Brisbane that is Borderline, GWS loss. Ken would be under immense scrutiny if that were to happen.

If they finish top 2 they finish top 2. There's nothing we can do about it so just deal with it I reckon. No one can say they don't deserve it either. They've arguably been the most consistent team all year, with their only real "down" game a mere 5 goal loss at Kardinia Park. Still don't think they'll win the flag as I think a few teams, most notably Hawthorn, still have an extra gear to go to in finals while the crows have probably shown their entire hand, but anything is possible if you put yourself in the grand final, and they're giving themselves every chance to do that.

Yep they've achieved everything our guys should've but didn't and only two things will stop them this year.

1. Injuries. They've had a great run here so taking out just a couple of key planks late in the game might be enough to destabilize them, as the replacements are nowhere near as good and have little time to get up to speed (especially finals speed).

2. Hawthorn and Geelong. They haven't been able to beat these teams for a while now and they're probably still ahead on class and experience.

Butl like you said all you can do right now is buy a ticket to the show and they've got front row seats.

The crows still to me are the team that will take it out. If they finish 4th or higher it will be hard to stop them from getting in the gf.

Hawthorn at the MCG or Geelong at home would be the ultimate test for them.

So the AFL have warned us over Chad's behavoiur in the norf game after giving a bit of lip to that campaigner Harvey!.

The reason the AFL knew about it is cause Harvey squelled like a pig to his avout it and then norf squelled to the AFL

Seriously f*** the AFL atm and f*** Harvey this week and and i hope norf miss the 8.
I'm not there yet because I love the club, but far out the AFL are making it hard to continue giving a s**t.

They've arguably been the most consistent team all year
Reckon this is the key point.

The Crows have played at pretty much their maximum all year. Every single game they've been at or very near their best and they've consistently maintained it. They really dont have much scope for improvement at all IMO and they're having a fairytale run with injuries. But for me whilst at the end of the day their side/squad isn't great, their incredible consistency is capable of catching the better teams out. Have a bad day against the Crows and they'll win it.

I still think if the Crows don't finish top 2 it would be a big failure for them, but I expect them to get there and to most likely make a GF. However I can't really see them being lucky enough to have 3 finals games in a row where their opponents all have bad days, and for me that's pretty much what they'd need to take it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back