Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Cows' is far more complimentary than some of the disgusting abuse that our club has copped from some of their morons.

'Cows' is still incredibly cringeworthy and uncreative. I am sure there are better options.

As for the abuse opposition supporters throw our way, let them throw it. It comes with the territory. I would hope that any true supporter of ours is hardened and mature enough by now to simply dismiss it.

Why don't u jump ship to the crows?

U seem to love them more than the PAFC and are resigned to them winning it all.

Sydney will have a big say in that!
Why the * would i jump ship? Just because i think the crows are the team most likely to win the premiership?

Im ******* pissed off with the fact that they can have a list of players who can perform, players like ******* kyle cheney, kyle hartigan... and so on. And we have a plethora of talent who are mismanaged, pampered and play like they have no idea and don't care.

The crows will win the flag, i honestly dont see any team capable of beating them. 2 home finals and the wide deck at the mcg. They deserve it, i wont be happy but wont be upset by it either. I am more worried about what has become of my club.

Why the **** would i jump ship? Just because i think the crows are the team most likely to win the premiership?

Im ******* pissed off with the fact that they can have a list of players who can perform, players like ******* kyle cheney, kyle hartigan... and so on. And we have a plethora of talent who are mismanaged, pampered and play like they have no idea and don't care.

The crows will win the flag, i honestly dont see any team capable of beating them. 2 home finals and the wide deck at the mcg. They deserve it, i wont be happy but wont be upset by it either. I am more worried about what has become of my club.

There are no certainties in this game.

Brisbane '01
Hawthorn '08
Geelong '09 and '11
Sydney '12

Hawthorn won three prelims in a row by less than a goal. History could have told a very different story.

You can give your tip, but saying they'll definitely win it is stupid and really annoying to a lot of people.

'Cows' is still incredibly cringeworthy and uncreative. I am sure there are better options.

As for the abuse opposition supporters throw our way, let them throw it. It comes with the territory. I would hope that any true supporter of ours is hardened and mature enough by now to simply dismiss it.

Yeah it's pretty lame, but I've been guilty of throwing "Clowns" around in the past and that's just as lame.

Even lamer when they're killing it.

There are no certainties in this game.

Brisbane '01
Hawthorn '08
Geelong '09 and '11
Sydney '12

Hawthorn won three prelims in a row by less than a goal. History could have told a very different story.

You can give your tip, but saying they'll definitely win it is stupid and really annoying to a lot of people.

Of course anything can happen and his opinion is a worst case scenario - albeit an eminently
possible one given Adelaide Oval home advantage is all but sewn up.

Having nongs call him out as a Crows supporter when he's looking to preemptively accept the s**t sandwich that's currently being prepped as opposed to mortgaging feels against the widespread inevitable cognitive dissonance meltdown should they go 4-0 at AO and 1-0 at the MCG from here is, well, awful.

Not sure why Port Augusta Power is copping it, he appears to me to be as dedicated as any Port supporter on this site, and I have never met the bloke, so there is no personal bias. ;)

My take is the tingles are in this season up to their eyeballs, and if they make top 2 and get two home finals, they will almost certainly make the granny, and our worst fears could very well come to fruition.

I also agree with whoever it was that suggested they have been galvanised by the unfortunate demise of Walshy, not unlike the Port players did when we lost John McCarthy.

Of course anything can happen and his opinion is a worst case scenario - albeit an eminently
possible one given Adelaide Oval home advantage is all but sewn up.

Having nongs call him out as a Crows supporter when he's looking to preemptively accept the s**t sandwich that's currently being prepped as opposed to mortgaging feels against the widespread inevitable cognitive dissonance meltdown should they go 4-0 at AO and 1-0 at the MCG from here is, well, awful.

No-one is happy about the way things have unfolded this year but the Nostradamus s**t gets tiresome after a while.

Not sure why Port Augusta Power is copping it, he appears to me to be as dedicated as any Port supporter on this site, and I have never met the bloke, so there is no personal bias. ;)

My take is the tingles are in this season up to their eyeballs, and if they make top 2 and get two home finals, they will almost certainly make the granny, and our worst fears could very well come to fruition.

I also agree with whoever it was that suggested they have been galvanised by the unfortunate demise of Walshy, not unlike the Port players did when we lost John McCarthy.
But that's the beauty of finals footy - nothing is certain. Finals are won and lost on the big day, and history is littered with examples of red hot favourites who came unstuck.

I put the bloke on ignore ages ago - I found his incessant pumping up of TROSA nauseating.

But that's the beauty of finals footy - nothing is certain. Finals are won and lost on the big day, and history is littered with examples of red hot favourites who came unstuck.

People keep posting this like others are unaware.

The Fruchoctopian Football Concern winning their third flag after we've thrice pissed everything away in an attempt at our second just makes sense, especially given the chasm between the two clubs just a season or two ago.

Farris brothers, Chapman hugs, unearned job security (stability!) and how it looks to everyone else is what this Port Adelaide is known for. And our President strived for it.

Save us, Tricky Dee.

Well I happen to like the term cows. And as for dismissing abuse or other crap thrown towards our club, I do dismiss it and I started by refusing to listen to 5aa and it made me feel a whole lot better.

There were some very strong signs last night that the squawk's dominant era is just about over.

They have two very average ruckmen, one of whom may be stuffed for the season, and a number of their prime movers, eg Burgoyne, Mitchell, Lewis and Birchall, are beginning to appear very close to being cooked, and without Roughy, they are definitely undersized up forward.

Some of their replacement players looked very average last night, and one of them, ( Hartung ) even did a fair impression of Nathan Lonie on a couple of occasions, ie he got out of the way. :rolleyes:

They were kissed on the dick in numerous close wins this season, and I can't see them as a real flag chance.

Their much vaunted ability to continue to trade up, or to not put to fine a point on it give away sfa to improve their list, will be really tested in the next year or two as well, and won't that be a shame. ;)

As good as hawthorn have been and how impressive their team effort seems across the board once hodge, Mitchell , Lewis , Roughead , Burgoyne and Gibson are gone they will be horrifically bad and probably win a few wooden spoons. The line up of players wanting to join them and play finals will dry up, trust me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep posting this like others are unaware.

The Fruchoctopian Football Concern winning their third flag after we've thrice pissed everything away in an attempt at our second just makes sense, especially given the chasm between the two clubs just a season or two ago.

Farris brothers, Chapman hugs, unearned job security (stability!) and how it looks to everyone else is what this Port Adelaide is known for. And our President strived for it.

Save us, Tricky Dee.
Hahah. So bloody true. Trying to be popular whilst not making tough calls has left us in a shithole.

As good as hawthorn have been and how impressive their team effort seems across the board once hodge, Mitchell , Lewis , Roughead , Burgoyne and Gibson are gone they will be horrifically bad and probably win a few wooden spoons. The line up of players wanting to join them and play finals will dry up, trust me.
Nah..players will still be keen to be drafted into Hawks. Can't imagine them ever getting the wooden spoon.

Rating Adelaide as a realistic premiership contender ≠ Loving Adelaide, or loving Port Adelaide any less. It is called being objective, a concept which some posters on both sides of the fence seem unable to grasp.

In terms of ability, development, form, and ladder position, they are currently where we can only dream of being ourselves. Denying that, or pettily trying to write them off at every opportunity, is nothing short of embarrassing and reeks of insecurity. There is absolutely no difference between rating Adelaide, and rating the likes of Geelong, Hawthorn, or Sydney. Every one of them is our opposition.

Having said that, I do understand why our supporter base has a strong dislike for Adelaide. However, if you are someone who equates objectiveness toward Adelaide with disloyalty to Port Adelaide, there is a good chance that you are unhealthily obsessed with them. Work on that, please.

(Also, if you could call them something more creative than 'Cows', and stop flooding the 'Media Shakes Head' thread with every mention of an Adelaide player on FiveAA, that would be fantastic. It is incredibly cringe.)

From memory the `cows ' nickname comes from a local insurance co radio ad from around 20 years ago, ( it may have been an RAA ad ), where a salesman ( assumingly Victorian ) rings his client and asks, `how are the cows going? ' or words to that effect.

The aim of the ad was obviously to suggest, that if interstate based companies don't know anything about SA, why bother dealing with them?

That aside, I have always preferred to call them the fruit tingles. ;)

From memory the `cows ' nickname comes from a local insurance co radio ad from around 20 years ago, ( it may have been an RAA ad ), where a salesman ( assumingly Victorian ) rings his client and asks, `how are the cows going? ' or words to that effect.

The aim of the ad was obviously to suggest, that if interstate based companies don't know anything about SA, why bother dealing with them?

And you should be free to refer to them anyway you wish without been told otherwise.

I thought it was that ad where some dude is painting the old crows logo on grass but spells "Cows".

Cows is self inflicted, much in the same way Port Power est 1996 was for us. OnePAFC largely resolved all doubts and merch from that era is now rare and sought after so it's not all bad.

I thought it was that ad where some dude is painting the old crows logo on grass but spells "Cows".

Cows is self inflicted, much in the same way Port Power est 1996 was for us. OnePAFC largely resolved all doubts and merch from that era is now rare and sought after so it's not all bad.
Yeah, pretty sure Ricciuto was in the ad pointing out the mistake. Gun meet foot.

It was a snickers ad. They did the same with canberra in the nrl and also in the US as well

Mod note: Part 2 continues here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back