Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

While Ben McEvoy injures his neck at training requiring surgery and three months out, and Ned Reeves dislocates his shoulder so badly on Easter Monday he’s still officially listed as ‘TBC’.

Who’d be a ruckman in brown and gold?

bf394mL_d.webp

Bullfloggos have actually slowed down. They were about +50 after 5 rounds so they've had more even free kick counts since then.

Carlton is the one triggering me. They are so clearly the new Vic darlings and being judged accordingly. Curnow is untouchable now in a marking contest 😡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL reporter Caroline Wilson believes former North Melbourne list boss Glenn Luff’s sensational resignation from the club was a “direct result” of public criticism from former Port Adelaide player Kane Cornes.

Luff’s resignation was announced on Tuesday, while national recruiting manager Mark Finnigan and national recruiting officer Ben Birthisel have also left, sparking plenty of debate about the club’s sweeping rebuild.

Cornes on Monday took significant issue with North Melbourne’s list management, declaring: “You can’t pick players off a computer screen ... Correct me if I’m wrong, I’d like to know one positive list management move they’ve made in the last four or five years.”

AFL reporter Caroline Wilson believes former North Melbourne list boss Glenn Luff’s sensational resignation from the club was a “direct result” of public criticism from former Port Adelaide player Kane Cornes.

Luff’s resignation was announced on Tuesday, while national recruiting manager Mark Finnigan and national recruiting officer Ben Birthisel have also left, sparking plenty of debate about the club’s sweeping rebuild.

Cornes on Monday took significant issue with North Melbourne’s list management, declaring: “You can’t pick players off a computer screen ... Correct me if I’m wrong, I’d like to know one positive list management move they’ve made in the last four or five years.”

Obviously in the wrong job if he is going to let one media mouth get under his skin.

Kornes would be loving the notoriety - and clicks. I fell for reading it, and the "final straw" line is the more probable part of it rather than the "direct result of Kane Cornes's criticism". Luff seems to believe what Kane was saying was fed to him by someone at the club - hearing him say some of the same stuff he'd been hearing from within is what was the final straw.

EDIT: Fierce rebuttal from Kornes as he plugs the AFL Season Guide (for a fee maybe?)

Last edited:
kane cornes

Love him or hate him, Kane is clearly now one of the top AFL pundits.

If you ignore his ball tonguing of Hinkley (which seems to be over), he's actually pretty spot on a lot of the time for me.

Love him or hate him, Kane is clearly now one of the top AFL pundits.

If you ignore his ball tonguing of Hinkley (which seems to be over), he's actually pretty spot on a lot of the time for me.
Having opinions gets you hated these days, especially in the cancel culture social media era, unfortunately the majority of society aren't mature enough to respect others opinions. Instead judgement flows and hatred grows, as people take opinions for more than what they are, and completely to heart.

Kane has been incredibly balanced on the Crows, but in this town he is public enemy #1 just because he actually talks about pretty fair opinions, rather than just being another Crows ambassador in the media afraid to say anything negative.

I've always thought as Port fans we're used to a heck of a lot of criticism in this state as everyone hates us that isn't us, and thus felt we had a thick skin, but I certainly have felt like over the last few years we've gotten a bit more precious like Crows fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back