Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
It's not all age.

The game is changing and the culture within the game is changing quickly. When a band changes genres they might lose some fans. The AFL is like that, changing styles.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Only having 1 state win premierships is terrible for the game despite what the Vic's say

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just read that Tarryn Thomas has about a million bucks worth of salary to run on his contract. So I guess North are letting the legal system run it's course to get rid of him

Funnily enough, my interest in football is increasing as my two sons (16yo & 14yo) are showing more interest in the competition as a whole.
One of them is a stats nerd and constantly telling me stuff about other teams and players so we'll watch games on Kayo to check them out.

My daughter is also showing an interest in playing. One of her teachers is a Crows AFLW player so there's an influence there that is having an impact. We'll see where that takes us.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Funnily enough, my interest in football is increasing as my two sons (16yo & 14yo) are showing more interest in the competition as a whole.
One of them is a stats nerd and constantly telling me stuff about other teams and players so we'll watch games on Kayo to check them out.

My daughter is also showing an interest in playing. One of her teachers is a Crows AFLW player so there's an influence there that is having an impact. We'll see where that takes us.

I used to love the stats aspect when I was a kid

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
fOoTbAlL hAs NeVeR BeEn BeTtEr!
The whole AFL industry feels fake, contrived. Things swept under the rug to protect AFL’s image, inequality between Vic and non VIC teams, VIC centric, boring games, pathetic commentators, confusing rules, inept umpires, stupid interviews, ridiculous and sub par media and on and on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Masterful programming by VFL, putting them head to head in a Rugby state.
Yep. The game is an official sell out but obviously many Brisbane fans with season tickets decided to watch the rugby (also a sellout) - either live on TV or at the game.

No empty seats at Suncorp Stadium tonight btw.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons, LA Kings, RED SOX
Masterful programming by VFL, putting them head to head in a Rugby state.
to be fair, most expected the dolphins to struggle, not be undefeated going into round 4.

alot have jumped on the bandwaggon because they look actually competitive early and not a complete basket case like most bronco alternatives in south-east qld have been in the past.

for what its worth I still think it was a mistake to drop the redcliff name or not be north brisbane/suburbs dolphins

Dolphins RLFC is giving me southern power circa 2011 vibes, grow the pie be less port etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back