Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me back to his Wincerfield days
View attachment 1714116
I went to the shops a couple of hours ago and saw the Tsier's front page and it said Danger Ramped. Had a quick read and confirmed his ambulance was subject to ramping on Thursday night not something about being ramped during the game. See copy of front page below.

A couple of times during the game he was in a collision and down he went and I couldn't help but yell out, have a wince Danger. The people who I wen't to the footy said to me yeah he's always wincing and the second time he went down they joined in me bagging him and up on the big screen came a shot of him being on the ground, on his knees and you guessed it he was wincing heavily. A few people around us started laughing at it. Then they showed him on the bench wincing and a few others around us joined in bagging him.

I get no pleasure in him being badly hurt and having to go to hospital but his wincing over the years and acting up - and the BS 50m penalty he got because JHF threw it hard at him and he didn't stick out his arms to catch it makes it hard too feel too sorry for him.

But if he was still playing for the crows and got ramped or if Ted gets ramped, I'd expect a 10 page piece from the Tiser about it and how bad the health system is.

1686989201267.png

Last edited:

I went to the shops a couple of hours ago and saw the Tsier's front page and it said Danger Ramped. Had a quick read and confirmed his ambulance was subject to ramping on Thursday night not something about being ramped during the game. See copy of front page below.

A couple of times during the game he was in a collision and down he went and I couldn't help but yell out, have a wince Danger. The people who I wen't to the footy said to me yeah he's always wincing and the second time he went down they joined in me bagging him and up on the big screen came a shot of him being on the ground, on his knees and you guessed it he was wincing heavily. A few people around us started laughing at it. Then they showed him on the bench wincing and a few others around us joined in bagging him.

I get no pleasure in him being badly hurt and having to go to hospital but his wincing over the years and acting up - and the BS 50m penalty he got because JHF threw it hard at him and he didn't stick out his arms to catch it makes it hard too feel too sorry for him.

But he if he was still playing for the crows and got ramped or if Ted gets ramped, I'd expect a 10 page piece from the Tiser about it and how bad the health system is.

View attachment 1714947
That picture looks like he’s had a night at Dirty2’s over Easter.

Hipwood is complete garbage. If you are a serious football club you get rid of soft spuds like him

Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne believes it's time for Hipwood to head back, drawing comparisons between his brilliant U18 numbers and his poor AFL numbers.

“We’ve had conversations internally about Eric Hipwood for a little while and without potting Eric too much, the last seven years of any player to play 100 games, he’s the lowest-rated player in the competition,” Hoyne told SEN’s Sportsday.

“My question around Eric is that clearly right now and in for last 18 games, Brisbane have got defensive issues, they haven’t got the interceptor behind the ball and Harris Andrews has to play on the number one key forward each week.

“We have seen time and time again the failed forward go back. We saw Esava Ratugolea on the weekend, he went back and looked terrific behind the ball.

“I think its worth the discussion in throwing Hipwood behind the ball. As a kid playing under-18 championships he averaged eight intercepts a game and almost three and a half intercept marks a game, they’re elite numbers at AFL level.

“We haven’t seen him play behind the ball at all throughout his 118-game career and I think the times come to have a potential discussion around this to get Eric going but to also get your defensive system going because you need that interceptor behind the ball that Melbourne, Geelong and Collingwood, who are probably the three best teams in at the moment they all have that player behind the ball.”

Brisbane, on the back of their 54-point loss to the Power, will look to silence some doubters on Friday night against Melbourne.

On Thursday Geelong got a few xtra disposals from our players not tackling the player to the ground, the umpires are too slow with the whistle if that’s what the AFL want.

On the other side of the scale JHF gets HTB against him because he doesn’t flop to the ground and again the whistle is too slow.
Been saying it for years the umpires take too long to blow their whistle. I'm surprised there hasn't been more knee and ankle injuries. Go watch a game from the 80's and 90's especially state of origin games when you had the best players the umps blew the whistle quickly. Today's umpires have very little feel for the game.

Last edited:
Man Leon Cameron would have to be the worst performing coach of all time, he had all this talent and Taranto AND Cameron who was the best forward in the league by a mile.

Should of made more than one GF, should of never missed the finals, disgraceful results and Wheatley cheered him on the whole time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a Last Dance-esque Documentary on this season

so many stories

Boak - last season?, Last hurrah

Hinkley - uncontracted, last season?

the Finalysons

the emergence of Rozee/Butters

JHF

11 in a row

Speaking of possible departures we could be Dix-less and Koch-less next year.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Man Leon Cameron would have to be the worst performing coach of all time, he had all this talent and Taranto AND Cameron who was the best forward in the league by a mile.

Should of made more than one GF, should of never missed the finals, disgraceful results and Wheatley cheered him on the whole time.
Our Top 2 choices for the coaches job were Cameron or Hinkley....we were farked either way..

How does the Gabba still have a wicket square in June?
The Gabba is legally called the Brisbane Cricket Ground. AFL is 4th ranked sport up there after league, cricket and union, so Brisbane have very little say on the Brisbane Cricket Ground Trust / Stadiums Queensland.

The Josh Carr factor (or lack thereof)?

Reckon Kingers has done a decent job in his first year coaching with not the greatest GWS list and his assistants are only so so.

That loss to WCE by 19 pts in Perth in Rd 2 has hurt, but GWS have lost to Richmond by 6 pts, Carlton 10, St Kilda 12 - all at Giants Stadium, Essendon 13 at Docklands and Bulldogs 15 in Canberra. They have also lost by 21 pts to Brisbane in Canberra.

Their only bad loss has been to Collingwood by 65 pts at the MCG in Rd 9 which was a one goal less margin than we lost to the pies by.

Edit in 2023
At showgrounds now are 2-3
In Canberra they are..... 0-2
Away from home are..... 4-3 won at Kardina Park, Hobart, SCG and Norwood

Last edited:
Our Top 2 choices for the coaches job were Cameron or Hinkley....we were farked either way..
their gameplans have looked identical to me during the majority of their tenures.

both had good fast midfields with good talls to kick to but elected to play slow clogged toilets ball movement. Taking away the natural advantage they had against old slow geelong sides and a very defensive richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back