Port Magpie Recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

beenreal said:
Originally Posted by Leaping Lindner

Which Port Adelaide are we talking about?????
15 years beats 8 years doesn't it???

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's fine by me. It means that you accept that the Port Adelaide Power in the AFL is the original club founded in 1870.

In other news, I think the Morrison in question is Andrew Morrison, who has gone back to QLD.

I was also out at training last night and was most chuffed to see the mighty Fiegert running around in not too bad condition.

Back to Southport?

Ford Fairlane said:
Port have confirmed the signing of John Baird and Shane Morrison (along with Alvey and Bullen).
Kewl. :D Some pretty handy signings there. Is Poults playing on in '06 does anyone know?

gytre said:
Kewl. :D Some pretty handy signings there. Is Poults playing on in '06 does anyone know?

Yep, signed a 2 year deal a week or so back.

Ford Fairlane said:
Yep, signed a 2 year deal a week or so back.
That's very kewl. Now that I have ABC2 via Foxtel Digital I should be able to catch some of the Magpies games next year! :D Poults is my favourite Power player ever.

Morrison will be good value as he will play every game. Will not miss with injury as he has no chance of getting hurt in any physical contests because he doesn;t go near them. Watched him play in Queensland at state elague level and he spent all day sooking and running away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall Forwards will come from Waterhouse, Evans, S Stevens, Morrison and Ah Chee

Tall Defenders will come from Baird, Ah Chee, Eichner, Morrison and Ebel.

How do you guys think Bullen will go in the SANFL?

Very unlucky not to get more chances at Essendon this year IMO....

Dunno. A lot of AFL players end up the go to players in the SANFL sides. Someone like Bullen should become the Magpies no.2 midfielder behind Clayton

Junkie said:
How do you guys think Bullen will go in the SANFL?

Very unlucky not to get more chances at Essendon this year IMO....
Agreed. I thought Bullen showed real promise at Essendon. He didn't have a great 2005, but I was surprised they let him go. Should be a great pick-up for us. :D

Port certainly had the longest list of ex-AFL players - quite a few are returnees - Waterhouse, Lokan, Poulton, Carr and Evans - but they wouldn't be playing for peanuts. Might need to do some culling, eg *cough*Chad Davis*cough* is still on the list.

Macca19 said:
Will be a handy Forward pocket.

Dunno how weve fit all these new guys into the cap

I wouldn't worry if I were you. The salary cap is only in place to raise some revenue for the SANFL. So long as you have the money to pay the fine, nothing else will be done. In the words of Central District when they were fined for a breach of the cap, "The best money we ever spent".

Ford Fairlane said:
According to this morning's SM, Matt Lokan has rejoined the Port Magpies.
Jeez, that is starting to look like handy recruiting. Have the Maggies won X-Lotto or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back