Port Melbourne oval

Remove this Banner Ad

King Cotch

Debutant
Sep 7, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I am not a avid vfl watcher so was hoping someone who follows more closely might be able to tell me, but why are both prelims and semi’s hosted here and not at the respective home clubs vfl grounds?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's been like it for quite a while. I remember going to our Prelim there in 2007. It was mentioned somewhere the other day that it's a commercial agreement. The article was taking the piss out of Geelong for finishing above Port on the ladder but having to 'host' them at their home ground!!! Only the top 2 sides get to host a game in week one of the VFL finals.

I’ve been going to this boutique little ground for finals since the Coburg Tigers days and it’s a bit annoying as why they get all the financial benefits as a stand-alone club. The ground on Saturday was in the best state I’ve ever seen it. It was in magnificent condition and the crowd was also one of the biggest I’ve witnessed there.

I’ve been going to this boutique little ground for finals since the Coburg Tigers days and it’s a bit annoying as why they get all the financial benefits as a stand-alone club. The ground on Saturday was in the best state I’ve ever seen it. It was in magnificent condition and the crowd was also one of the biggest I’ve witnessed there.

As I weaved through last weeks crowd I thought the same thing. Its a Shame they havent updated this page

i would have been interested where it stood.

Imagine 26,000 in that ground for a sixties GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back