Port Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

That is the story of Coburgs recent seasons, they always start off well are competitive but then they fade away. Not too far off the mark, I wish them well, a club I always enjoy visiting and hope they play finals soon.

Another stand alone club I like is Frankston, place has such a friendly warm feel to it and a strong Frankston is what the league needs because when Frankston is winning they get a heap of fans to the games. Plus cheap prices at Frankston.
As for the Coburg beer, yeah had it the last two seasons there and I agree great beer. May Coburg one day reach the heights of yesteryear.

That is the story of Coburgs recent seasons, they always start off well are competitive but then they fade away. Not too far off the mark, I wish them well, a club I always enjoy visiting and hope they play finals soon.

Another stand alone club I like is Frankston, place has such a friendly warm feel to it and a strong Frankston is what the league needs because when Frankston is winning they get a heap of fans to the games. Plus cheap prices at Frankston.
As for the Coburg beer, yeah had it the last two seasons there and I agree great beer. May Coburg one day reach the heights of yesteryear.
We're struggling. We lost a whole lot f senior players last year, and as such we had to throw a bunch of kids to the wolves. If they stick around though they'll be much better for it in 2 years time.

However I'm expecting the spoon this year unfortunately.

Wasn't fishing. As for not always being ahead - I stand corrected. I haven't checked to see if you are correct but I trust you are so apologies (Port being so mighty I assumed that nobody would have ever surpassed them in the premiership tally).

Yes the sad era of the 50's. Many a Port supporter would have drowned their sorrows down Bay st. Was a era of Port playing grand final after grand final only to bring back the flag once.

You mention your home ground is not on Port Melbourne rd ? Where is your home ground ? I think i drove past once - blinked then missed it ? Is it the ground that has the stand with 3 rows that holds a total of 150 people ?

Yep thats our ground. Never sit in our stand, prefer standing out in the sun watching the yachts sail by in between Willy goals. Glad Port used their muscle to get that bloody soap and oil factory closed down. Used to be a god awful smell caught up between all those factories.

Go Willy....and the Borough...a bit anyway.

Yep thats our ground. Never sit in our stand, prefer standing out in the sun watching the yachts sail by in between Willy goals. Glad Port used their muscle to get that bloody soap and oil factory closed down. Used to be a god awful smell caught up between all those factories.

Go Willy....and the Borough...a bit anyway.

I was encouraged by another Port Melbourne supporter to reply with " What ? - you don't like the smell of soap ? typical Williamstown supporter" but being the nice guy I am I decided not to, maybe that would have been taking banter too far !

I haven't read any information about Port Melbourne's current financial situation. Such a great club with a rich history. It's sad watching clubs like this struggle when you see franchises like Gold Coast just get huge amounts of money thrown at them undeservedly so in my opinion.

I haven't read any information about Port Melbourne's current financial situation. Such a great club with a rich history. It's sad watching clubs like this struggle when you see franchises like Gold Coast just get huge amounts of money thrown at them undeservedly so in my opinion.

I'd suggest they are pretty sound financially. They managed to parlay some bad news about pub cash flow into a positive really, generating a few bit of revenue off the back of the news.

Port will survive

Port Melbourne are 300k in debt
The AFL PA are demanding a pay rise
Hundreds of millions of dollars are being poured into AFLW/GWS/GC as well as into other crap.

Yet Port Melbourne had to go on the AFL footy show and get 10k donated from sportsbet.

What's the future gonna look like? Is the AFL gonna kill off all clubs that aren't relevant to its competition?
Good thread campaigner

Good thread campaigner

A weakness of footy at the 2nd tier, not just in Vic, West Perth in the WAFL is battling to stay alive & thats after the Eagles & Dockers pump a couple of $mil every year into WA footy.

Like Yarraville 👎
That's a very up to date reference there. What year was it they were kicked out of the Association, 1983?

Port will absolutely survive, the situation in 2017 proved that people care about the club and it is the most successful and popular stand alone club in the VFL currently.

Good to see some passion from you two about our comp and your great clubs, rate it highly. Hopefully bump into you both on the terraces at Coburg City Oval this year when we take on your mobs, I'll buy you both a Coburg Lager, great drop.
Sorry for the late reply, better (five and a half years) late than never ???

I've only been to Coburg a couple of times since you posted your offer, it might be easier if you home deliver. And make it a slab, that Coburg lager stuff is awesome!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back