Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Screenshot_20200806-145029_Chrome.jpg

Anyone have an opinion on this.
Personally seems a strange way to go about it the way we are.
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

View attachment 928781

Calls us Port Power and then lumps us into the Crows 'Lunch at the Adelaide Club' and 'help on-field performance' vibe. Just because they're ****ed for all eternity.

Who is he and where can I politely tell him to * off?

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Calls us Port Power and then lumps us into the Crows 'Lunch at the Adelaide Club' and 'help on-field performance' vibe. Just because they're f’ed for all eternity.

Who is he and where can I politely tell him to fu** off?

It would be nice for the Crows to do the heavy lifting for a change and help us get control back of our board.

We currently get to elect two of them don't we? I'm not sure why we don't have the same ability as the other clubs and I say members should pick the entire board if that's how other clubs are doing it.

Ross Oakley and then Wayne Jackson originally greenlit us having the same governance structure as Adelaide, despite being an existing club, because reasons.

Then when the AFL bailed everyone out, we effectively became owned by Demetriou, Gillon and co.

We currently get to elect two of them don't we? I'm not sure why we don't have the same ability as the other clubs and I say members should pick the entire board if that's how other clubs are doing it.

Other clubs can pick their entire board because they are rich and don't answer to the AFL.

At the very least, the majority of the board should be member elected. It may be a long and difficult battle, but I think it's one worth fighting.

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How much do we still owe the AFL for the licence? I believe that the crows were going to have it paid back by 2028.

Once Port have paid back the AFL for the licence, I would suggest that the AFL's "investment" in the Power is over and therefore, the paying members probably should have more say. That will be when the club will become truely indepedant.

Out of interest, what are the arrangements for the SANFL club boards?

View attachment 928781
Of course every sensible Port member and fan would want us to elect all our board members or at least 8 of the 10 and give the board the right to appoint 1 or 2 outstanding experts. But it ain't going to happen soon.

This is Neville Nobody Senator Alex Antic. At the 2019 federal election he was 3rd on the Liberal ticket and was 6th of the 6 senators from SA elected. He has a cushy job for 6 years guaranteed.

He is just trying to get some cheap publicity. Plus its another dot to add and try and join to the internal machinations of the AFC and power struggle going on there. He talks a lot about the crows constitution.

Now fair enough that he looked at funds supplied by the federal government and how those funds will be used,but the following just plain bullshit;
" Despite being AFL controlled, both of South Australia’s AFL clubs rely on Federal and State government grants.”

The crows haven't been given the $15m to build their facility, Port were given $4m to build an accommodation centre for aboriginal students from the bush, which has nothing to do with running the footy club, and the $4m might have to be handed back if we don't build the accommodation facility soon, and $350k to sponsor the game in China is about a state government investment in trying to bring business to SA via a Footy game and the festival of Australia around it.

This is the senator who came out in April and said that China has to pay compo to Australia for the virus and his senior SA liberal cabinet member and minister for Trade, senator Simon Birmingham laughed off his suggestion.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
This should happen.
We would love it to happen.
But it won't happen, so forget it.

Unless we get $50mill from a Chinese benefactor and pay off all AFL / SANFL debts next week o_O

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Of course every sensible Port member and fan would want us to elect all our board members or at least 8 of the 10 and give the board the right to appoint 1 or 2 outstanding experts. But it ain't going to happen soon.

This is Neville Nobody Senator Alex Antic. At the 2019 federal election he was 3rd on the Liberal ticket and was 6th of the 6 senators from SA elected. He has a cushy job for 6 years guaranteed.

He is just trying to get some cheap publicity. Plus its another dot to add and try and join to the internal machinations of the AFC and power struggle going on there. He talks a lot about the crows constitution.

Now fair enough that he looked at funds supplied by the federal government and how those funds will be used,but the following just plain bullshit;
" Despite being AFL controlled, both of South Australia’s AFL clubs rely on Federal and State government grants.”

The crows haven't been given the $15m to build their facility, Port were given $4m to build an accommodation centre for aboriginal students from the bush, which has nothing to do with running the footy club, and the $4m might have to be handed back if we don't build the accommodation facility soon, and $350k to sponsor the game in China is about a state government investment in trying to bring business to SA via a Footy game and the festival of Australia around it.

This is the senator who came out in April and said that China has to pay compo to Australia for the virus and his senior SA liberal cabinet member and minister for Trade, senator Simon Birmingham laughed off his suggestion.

Yeh mate I get he is what he is, but he makes a reasonable point re the board.

Those grants will come in time regardless

Joelg

All Australian
Sep 16, 2012
Woodville
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fans just vote for ex players. I don't the answer but we need top line business people plus top line football leaders who can think broadly

Fans just vote for ex players. I don't the answer but we need top line business people plus top line football leaders who can think broadly

lol ******* Gavin Wanganeen for *s sake.

Back