Port - Norwood rivalry (and tragedy)

Remove this Banner Ad

My Grandfather, Father, Brother and I are all Norwood and all went to the crows when they entered. I was only 9 at the time. It was like watching SA every week in the first few years

If your club has an ounce of integrity, honesty and belief you may not need tarps. I'm glad you did do what you did.

Tarps >>>>> daylight >>>>> integrity

How do I edit or delete a post? ^^^^

Above was directed towards the wrong person.

The official story is that the Port Magpies became the Power and moved into the AFL. A new club was created and stayed in the SANFL. A bit silly, really.
The club CEO at the time Greg Boulton said in hindsight at a forum the other day celebrating 140 years of the SANFL that we shouldn't have kept an SANFL side when the club gained entry into the AFL.

Have mate who was (and still is) a one-eyed glenelg supporter

in 1991 he became (as you would expect) a one-eyed Crows supporter.

in 1997 he became a rabid one-eyed Power supporter. I still cannot understand it, and he cant (or wont) explain it......
Guess im proven wrong, strange to change for no reason

Question for the Port fans.
Do all magpies fans follow Power and vice versa?
Os it considered to be sort of one and the same? Or are there fans who only follow one not the other?
I'm imagining there were Port magpies fans who embraced the Crows when they joined in 1991? Or maybe not?
Genuinely interested.
Always been North Melbourne but was a Port Adelaide Magpies member and supporter for a large part of my life...........until they became 'One' :rolleyes: 'Club' :rolleyes: .

Discontinued my membership when this happened as I hated the Power and did not want my money or support going towards them.

When the Port Magpies became the Power reserves team my hatred ran even deeper for effectively killing them off. #deadtome

Nothing but a guernsey now. May as well just let them wear a Power guernsey and let the real SANFL Port Adelaide Football Club rest in peace.

There were many non PA supporters who thought that John Cahill should have been the first Crows coach.

I can see why Cornesy got the gig as he was a successful state coach but when you are talking about barracking for a side it's all emotion and logic isn't really a factor. Before they started showing live VFL I followed underdog sides like Melbourne, St Kilda, Geelong and the Bulldogs. My main side was Norwood and I didn't give a stuff about the VFL. The decision to show live VFL was a shrewd one. Even diehards were starting to watch and think 'hmm, this is the level' and the star players were starting to head over in greater numbers. It was in 87 I first saw Senior play and I thought 'that's it, I'm Geelong!' and there was the added bonus that at least it wasn't a Melbourne team. ;)

So when the Crows roll out coached by Cornsey no way am I dropping Blightys boys to cheer for Glenelg idiots like Marshall and McDermott who I quite rightly despised as a dedicated Redleg. I watched that first game and wanted the Crows to win that one as it was exciting and new and it was Hawthorn after all but I don't reckon I've cheered on the Blackbirds too many times since. Screw the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were many non PA supporters who thought that John Cahill should have been the first Crows coach.

Could you imagine a coach with a history of success bringing in a raft of players with a history of success to a brand new side with unlimited resources? I don't think you lot would just be celebrating 97 and 98 if that happened.

^^^^^ Adelaide board intelligence example

You say that as if you don't read your own board.....after every Port loss there's a conspiracy theory as to why they lost like tanking games because you're playing Carlton the next week! Lolololololol. Tell me again that China was sellout! But the stadium looked empty because most people were in the toilet! The Port board always delivers.

You say that as if you don't read your own board.....after every Port loss there's a conspiracy theory as to why they lost like tanking games because you're playing Carlton the next week! Lolololololol. Tell me again that China was sellout! But the stadium looked empty because most people were in the toilet! The Port board always delivers.
You hold a lot of hate dude. Take a chill pill

******** Note to all non-South Australians ********

This post is EXACTLY why we wish Norwood (a true rival) or Sturt (a true rival) were in the AFL, rather than putting up with the petty crap insults that many Crows supporters think is insightful and intelligent.

This post is EXACTLY why we wish Norwood (a true rival) or Sturt (a true rival) were in the AFL, rather than putting up with the petty crap insults that many Crows supporters think is insightful and intelligent.

How does this rebut anything Roovolution said?

So do we get to cherry pick janus quotes to make sweeping statements about port adelaide?

Silly assertion

What a load of bs. Your lot get 28 frees to 14 against Sydney and all of the ambassadors start blaming umpires for the loss. self entitled bunch of w***ers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back