Autopsy Port pump the fumbling witches' hats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are basically s**t.
Swallow is our best option.
Yes he's s**t too, but a lot less s**t then Clarke, Dumont . Who have had a fair stint to prove they are not s**t.
Our team is s**t, because we have a s**t midfield, we need players who arnt s**t

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Not far from the truth. For 2-3 years we used an in form Waite & Goldy along with Drew (who could drag down or halve almost every contest) and a blanket in Jacobs along with Wells class to cover for this. Our mids were competitive because they only had to get it down there a lot of the time to get out of jail. That created scoring pressure. There were a few other good players that we're missing but that was the guts of it.

Brown is an absolute gun now, makes something of just about every half genuine opportunity.

Not surprised about the loss. 6 players under 10 games. Port were always going to smash us on their home deck.
The rest of this year is about games into as many young players as we can. Enjoy watching our young players come through. Like to see Larkey & McKay get some games too. Nielson to play the rest of the year.

Agree with everything, in the first 2 min.
Port were basically too good a team, we are short on options /depth, playing 7 under 10 gamers.

This is a full rebuild folks , and probably our first hammering .
Could be worse, I'm pretty sure bottom teams get hammered weekly like we did yesterday. That would be hard to endure

View attachment 392844
So th AFL site suggests that BBB covered the most kilometres in the match against Port. Discuss. :stern look

Interesting and it shows how we need to work on our kicking efficiency, Brown had ten disposals yesterday and he lead 10 times ( I counted) he had to run 1.5 km's to get to each contest.

Agree with everything, in the first 2 min.
Port were basically too good a team, we are short on options /depth, playing 7 under 10 gamers.

This is a full rebuild folks , and probably our first hammering .
Could be worse, I'm pretty sure bottom teams get hammered weekly like we did yesterday. That would be hard to endure

Yep...remember smashing up the Lions in 2014?

Highl
Interesting and it shows how we need to work on our kicking efficiency, Brown had ten disposals yesterday and he lead 10 times ( I counted) he had to run 1.5 km's to get to each contest.
Highlights how bad deliveries are to forwards, and the skill-level of really 2nd rate players North has, a proper rebuild requires quality, not reserve grade. Like rebuilding a house, do you use 2nd rate, cheap materiel, or what is in back yard? if you do the building will have short lifespan. Initially the foundation requires requires a check to determine if it can sustain a rebuild or growth, also just like in business if the foundation is not strong growth is limited. in North's case the foundation is more-so relevant to decision makers and coaches.

Highl

Highlights how bad deliveries are to forwards, and the skill-level of really 2nd rate players North has, a proper rebuild requires quality, not reserve grade. Like rebuilding a house, do you use 2nd rate, cheap materiel, or what is in back yard? if you do the building will have short lifespan. Initially the foundation requires requires a check to determine if it can sustain a rebuild or growth, also just like in business if the foundation is not strong growth is limited. in North's case the foundation is more-so relevant to decision makers and coaches.

I was taking the piss mate- am sure we kick the ball within 1.5 km's of Browny.

But yeah our mid table finishes are starting to bit us on the bum. have said it for years, we will eventually have to pay the piper and the invoice has arrived. Payment due in full.

It will take us two years of very early picks and hopefully we qualify for a priority pick at the of next season. Then we need to grab some elite talent from elsewhere.

Haven't read thread and not saying we're particularly good but look at the injury list we're dealing with...
Marley Williams (back) – test
Jarrad Waite (calf) – test
Mason Wood (calf) – test
Sam Wright (foot/ankle) - test
Braydon Preuss (back) – test
Jed Anderson (ankle) – test
Lachlan Hansen (calf) - test
Declan Watson (ankle/shin) – test
Nick Larkey (knee) - test
Kayne Turner (knee) – 2 weeks
Jamie Macmillan (finger) – 7 weeks
Ben Jacobs (lower leg) – 3-4 weeks
Ed Vickers-Willis (PCL) – TBC
Oscar Junker (tibia) – TBC
Paul Ahern (knee) – season*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read thread and not saying we're particularly good but look at the injury list we're dealing with...
Mason Wood (calf) – test
First 3 are really the only ones missing that are worth anything 2017, other than Turner. Jacobs would take a very long time to catch up.

Why is Brad obsessed with outnumbering opposition at stoppages ? in doing so, we are outnumbered as far as outlets go, and as soon as the pill gets to the outside, it's off to the races, unless we win the stoppage, hack it forward to no one in particular, and the inevitable turnover means we are off the races again.

Why is Brad obsessed with outnumbering opposition at stoppages ? in doing so, we are outnumbered as far as outlets go, and as soon as the pill gets to the outside, it's off to the races, unless we win the stoppage, hack it forward to no one in particular, and the inevitable turnover means we are off the races again.
Basic defence is out the window with Brad, please at least have some defending in basic position area....Full Back! in saying that, nothing more frustrating than seeing tall forwards having to do the crumbing, do we not have any small crummers circling? Logical.

Mason Wood (calf) – test
Now you can add Hibberd and probably two more will crop up during the week.
It's not the Macmillans, Waites and Wrights that are frustrating to have on this list. It's the Junkers, EVWs, Turners and Preusses who would be all establishing their careers to greater extents in this down year.

It's an interesting question. I think Brad has tried to copy Footscray's 2016 gameplan where they rolled an extra up at the stoppage. Difference is that they had a bit of speed to cover if it got on the outside. We have Swallow, Cunnington and Ziebell.

I didn't take too much notice yesterday, but I think he resorted to an extra number at the stoppage after we were getting absolutely reemed in that area in the first quarter.

Complaints that Daw is Sh!thouse, after everyone wanting him to get a run of games is kinda weird.
Let's find out. Give him an extended run. Nothin to lose.

I agree that it's fairly irrelevant at the moment, considering Preuss & Larkeys injuries and McKays lack of touch, but can you realistically see Majak overcoming his shortcomings?

Remarkably the team fielded was only marginally younger than Port, we still have a average age of over 25.

I know the young guys haven't played many games and its good to see that Scotts is actually playing them and experimenting, but I still can't see much quality coming through. It's a pretty underwhelming group tbh.

Quick response to two comments from Brad
1. Goldy is an A grade player
Correction -was
A grade players don't get pantsed 7 weeks running
This delusional thinking isa worry
2. Cupboard is a bit bare
Spot on. Our best seconds players are getting 25 touches, otherteams have blokes smashing down the door with 33+ possessions a game and 4 goals

Full rebuild it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back