Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick response to two comments from Brad
1. Goldy is an A grade player
Correction -was
A grade players don't get pantsed 7 weeks running
This delusional thinking isa worry

Did you watch the whole thing? Was very critical of Goldy, sounded frustrated that Preuss wasn’t available to play.

Complaints that Daw is Sh!thouse, after everyone wanting him to get a run of games is kinda weird.
Let's find out. Give him an extended run. Nothin to lose.
And he was not the only one not so good, other require just as much, if not more complaints. Daw just needs more time to develop, specially when he is such a big man and not born into the game, at times there are players born into the game who are also late developers, some of whom are worth persisting with.

In late because of timezone.

I wrote before the game that the move to defence for LT could be a great move.

I'm a little less confident about that now.

LT doesn't have the stamina to play defence. For a defensive player he was on/off the bench a lot.

He also has a LONG way to go reading/playing a defensive game. He got distracted so many times manning the mark or patting mates on the back and missed offensive smalls slipping out the back. Cost at least three goals I recon. There was also a few times he was pushing/pointing other players to man up or take the running player, when IMO it was his responsibility to run with. Also didn't like the time he cracked it at the midfield for easy entry into D50... he's hardly got enough runs on the board defensively to be calling players out.

I fear that Marley will be back in the next week or two, and LT just hasn't shown enough to keep his spot. I'm all for giving him an extended crack at defence, but not at the expense of a kid.

I hope durdin gets some game time soon, thought he looked ok earlier in the season. Thompson is only just going ok atm. In a rebuild yr don't think that's good enough.

Agree with alot of what has been said, we simply need better players. North can't lure guns from other clubs, draft is the only way. Should aim to get another 1st or 2nd rder also

Bolded 1: No, it was Scott giving a former club captain and multiple B&F winner a deserved chance to keep his spot whilst allowing his replacement to play in the guts. When it became clear that Swallow was horribly out of from and unsuited to a different position he was dropped. He has been recalled due to injury and because Dumont, whilst given ample opportunity, has been awful.

Bolded 2: Good. Let him find some form in the twos, 'cos he has been shitful in the senior side this year. Swallow has actually been ok since being recalled.
I don't mind Dumont being dropped, but Swallow has been average to below average at best.

We should be trying guys like McDonald, Atley, Simpkin and whoever else has a bit of pace.

Playing Swallow in what is already a plodding midfield is a recipe for disaster and to be frank, a guy with his experience and limitations needs to be playing above average for it to be worth him depriving midfield minutes to developing players.

The season is shot and playing Swallow in a midfield that is already getting belted isn't qchieveing anything.

Unfortunately for him he dropped off the cliff at the wrong time. We don't have a midfield that can carry an average veteran. We need to be be trying out guys, because unless we find another midfielder then expect to get belted in centre square clearances for the next few years.

Even blind Freddy can see that opposition teams direct clearances through Swallows opponent because he can't close them down. At the moment it's Cunnington or bust in the middle.

Delivery to forwards over past 2 weeks has been shocking, Port deliveries yesterday is a good example for Roos to review.
I don't care how bad the delivery is, Daw is a potato. 8 years on an AFL list and he still has NFI.

If he ain't getting it now, he will never get it.

Its got me ****ed how Brown was that effective yesterday with this spud clogging up his space and draging his opponent to the contest.

Summary our midfield is s**t

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
It's got me ****ed why 3 slow plodders and a cat of a ruckman are getting torn a new one in the middle?

Lucky I'm not an AFL level coach, I would never think to go with that midfield structure. I guess that's why we pay Scott the big bucks?

Speaking of Bucks, let's hope he falls on that sword soon. Collingwood is our only hope of this turkey not destroying the playing list for another year.

It's got me ****** why 3 slow plodders and a cat of a ruckman are getting torn a new one in the middle?

Lucky I'm not an AFL level coach, I would never think to go with that midfield structure. I guess that's why we pay Scott the big bucks?

Speaking of Bucks, let's hope he falls on that sword soon. Collingwood is our only hope of this turkey not destroying the playing list for another year.
I thinks it's our drafting more then anything . We just don't have the quality pics.

Highl

Highlights how bad deliveries are to forwards, and the skill-level of really 2nd rate players North has, a proper rebuild requires quality, not reserve grade. Like rebuilding a house, do you use 2nd rate, cheap materiel, or what is in back yard? if you do the building will have short lifespan. Initially the foundation requires requires a check to determine if it can sustain a rebuild or growth, also just like in business if the foundation is not strong growth is limited. in North's case the foundation is more-so relevant to decision makers and coaches.
You build a sound house with the materials at your disposal. You can't build a multi million dollar mansion on a limited budget, a fact that Brad Scott can't seem to get around.

We play a brand that is only suited to teams with speed on the outside. This handball crap isn't going to be effective with our plodders with crap skills.

We have a great target up forward in Brown. Time to recalibrate and get the ball in quick to him and direct the half forwards to be hitting the contest front and square. This handball crap is a disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T
I thinks it's our drafting more then anything . We just don't have the quality pics.

Thats fine. Then you build around what you have.

The current style of football we play isn't suited to this list.

We look better as a side when we look to move the back forward quickly, not flicking it around by hands until the inevitable missed target or fumble.

Did you watch the whole thing? Was very critical of Goldy, sounded frustrated that Preuss wasn’t available to play.
Well he can be as frustrated as much he wants.

Pruess was ready to go weeks ago and Brad kept backing in Goldy.

If anyone should be frustrated it's the supporters who now have to listen to his bullshit.

As it stands now, we are the worst team in the Comp.

I see more upside in Brisbane than this list.

Scott has fisted this club and no one in power seems to care?

There should be a club wide reveiw taking place. He needs to justify why we should waste another 12 months of putting up with his s**t structure, s**t coaching and shitful selection policy.

Some overreactions in here. We got pumped by a top 4 side on their home deck: we were missing several important players, playing a heap of kids and clearly experimenting with a view to the future. We're rebuilding, and this is our first real belting of the year.

Not trying to be an apologist, but things really aren't as bleak as some are making out. Patience people.

Some overreactions in here. We got pumped by a top 4 side on their home deck: we were missing several important players, playing a heap of kids and clearly experimenting with a view to the future. We're rebuilding, and this is our first real belting of the year.

Not trying to be an apologist, but things really aren't as bleak as some are making out. Patience people.
Yes but 7 wins from 29 games says it all not an over reaction just supporters frustrated that this spud coach is ******* up the club h has to go . I think if all the supporters voted for his removal it would be the biggest boot a coach at North has ever received .....

Yes but 7 wins from 29 games says it all not an over reaction just supporters frustrated that this spud coach is ******* up the club h has to go . I think if all the supporters voted for his removal it would be the biggest boot a coach at North has ever received .....
I think this post sums it up perfectly.

7 out of 29 is a disgrace for a coach that has been at a club as long as Scott. The fact that the playing list hasn't developed and actually has no brand, shows he is pretty much making things up on the fly.

First 3 are really the only ones missing that are worth anything 2017, other than Turner. Jacobs would take a very long time to catch up.
And the thing about those guys is that everyone thinks Waite is too old, Wood has done nothing this year so we are really down to missing Marley and JMac - not sure those 2 are capable of turning that loss around.

With what has transpired over the past 14 months we look as far off now with the current list and their ability to perform on field as we ever did under the Laidley regime.

The one thing we have going for us now compared to the Laidley era is mountains of cap space and a preparedness to use it - we better make that count or we need to be ready for quite a few years of ...i hope we lose this week to get a better draft pick...type conversations.

I agree that it's fairly irrelevant at the moment, considering Preuss & Larkeys injuries and McKays lack of touch, but can you realistically see Majak overcoming his shortcomings?
No I can't Snake_Baker , think he will always struggle purely because of his lack of intensity. But, there was a large chorus to play him for an extended run, which BS is doing, so this way we know once and for all. No excuses.

No I can't Snake_Baker , think he will always struggle purely because of his lack of intensity. But, there was a large chorus to play him for an extended run, which BS is doing, so this way we know once and for all. No excuses.
Maybe he vould do with a One-on-One mentor!......which I also feel most players should have in order to cope with the pressures of Modern Football demands all-round, specially the younger ones. I also suggest that it is easier said than done as most will probably say they don't need one. In life, business and sport it is a very wise decision. 'Those that say they do not need one are those that do need one'

I think debuting the young kids when they've put some form together or look ready is the right way to do it.
When EVW, Durdin and Nielsen came into the team they all looked pretty comfortable at the level. Adding Marley, JMac, Tarrant and Wright into that area of the ground at least we have 7-8 guys who can form a back six going forward.

To me the only problem is the midfield and that 2nd key forward, but I'm sure Larkey and McKay will debut by the years end, so we'll see.
What frustates me is we don't seem to roll guys like Atley, LMac, Mountford, Mullett and even Marley through midfield.
I'd like to see Fordham get a run at some stage as well. I'm sure the club is probably discussing this stuff all the time and even hinted this, but its frustrating we go with such a slow midfield but clearly we have to take a large step back to get some elite talent.

Why is Brad obsessed with outnumbering opposition at stoppages ? in doing so, we are outnumbered as far as outlets go, and as soon as the pill gets to the outside, it's off to the races, unless we win the stoppage, hack it forward to no one in particular, and the inevitable turnover means we are off the races again.
He's not usually. His normal counter to Beveridge is to concede the outnumber and set up spares behind the ball, then try to slingshot back to where he's maintained some structure. Was effective for a few games. He did make a point about it in this presser because he was frustrated that the outnumber didn't actually help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back