Mod. Notice Port Reserves Structure Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

(just pumping up my own tyres a bit but it's a genuine question as to whether or not we'll see a new logo. i know we all expected one for OneClub in 2010 but this just gives us another reason.)

Being a Norwood man, how did you find your self in the Port camp and doing such a fantastic job for the PAFC. Are you sure you were not a secret Port supporter, whilst playing for the legs?

Well actually yes he was.

Couple of questions;
  1. I like the idea of a junior PAFC structure in the SAAFL. You mentioned that this has been agreed to if we choose. What are the triggers that will bring that about? Will it be alignments with existing clubs, or moving structures. And why do you think the junior structure was such a sticking point,are we that threatening?
  2. Do the father/son, country, indigenous academy players play in the PAFC reserves academy, or do we sponsor/train/support them in their own leagues?
  3. If we commit to not 'recruiting support staff directly from SANFL Clubs', and neither do the Cows, then only interstate clubs will benefit from picking the better coaching staff. Is that counter productive? Same goes for sponsorship at a lesser level
  4. Can the AFL players play in the 'Academy' team, if under 22, or do they have to play in the Maggies A-team?
  5. $400 at league level, $100 at reserves level, is that comparable to what the other clubs pay, or are we behind the 8-ball on that one?
  6. Can the cows change their terms for 2014 or are they locked in bulletproof?
  7. Love your work.

1. Was the decision to accept the revised SNAFL offer, imperfect as it is, affected by pressure re the Stadium Deal?

2. My main interest is the Stadium Deal. Even above beating Geelong. How is it going and will it give the club an excellent financial future?

PS I love your work too.

Gavin Wanganeen made his debut for Port in the SANFL at the age of 16, I think Craig Bradley was 17.

Say we have a talent like this in our academy, are they eligable to play in the 18-22 y.o reserves? Or can they by-pass that and go straight in to the league side?

Think KT you were a Port boy up until the time you joined Norwood when you were sweet 16. Being at Port would sit very comfortably with you? Welcome home.

2 questions please.

1/ One of the main questions would be does the reserves model stack up financially on it's own without having continual subsidies from the AFL arm?

2/ The coaching of the reserves team would that be done in consultation with Richo and Ken or will the reserves coach have his own agenda to develop the team & win as many SANFL games as possible?
How much input will the AFL coaching team have with the reserves?

Thanks, like everyone else, love your work.

Currently, players from the Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swans, GWS and GC academies are able to nominate for the draft, at which point other AFL clubs can bid for them if the host academy wishes to match the offer, they can and then keep the player. Very similar to father-son.

Is there any chance this will roll out beyond the east coast clubs, and we will be able to do the very same thing here?

Otherwise it would seem a little toothless to be putting time, effort and $$$ into academy players who if good enough, will be drafted to rival clubs. I understand that if they are not good enough to be drafted, they could fill a spot in the SANFL side, however.

Couple of questions;
  1. I like the idea of a junior PAFC structure in the SAAFL. You mentioned that this has been agreed to if we choose. What are the triggers that will bring that about? Will it be alignments with existing clubs, or moving structures. And why do you think the junior structure was such a sticking point,are we that threatening?
  2. Do the father/son, country, indigenous academy players play in the PAFC reserves academy, or do we sponsor/train/support them in their own leagues?
  3. If we commit to not 'recruiting support staff directly from SANFL Clubs', and neither do the Cows, then only interstate clubs will benefit from picking the better coaching staff. Is that counter productive? Same goes for sponsorship at a lesser level
  4. Can the AFL players play in the 'Academy' team, if under 22, or do they have to play in the Maggies A-team?
  5. $400 at league level, $100 at reserves level, is that comparable to what the other clubs pay, or are we behind the 8-ball on that one?
  6. Can the cows change their terms for 2014 or are they locked in bulletproof?
  7. Love your work.

Speak up man. By the time you got to question 5 or 6 he could barely hear you. :p

What will the process be for attracting players for the academy? Are we looking at more local players or will it be an Australia wide search using our scouting network to flag potential players?

What is the sticking point with Port running a junior team/teams in the SNAFL?
If it is because of the zones;
- how is it a good thing for junior development in this state to be reducing the number of sides?
- do the SNAFL clubs not realise that we can run a junior side elsewhere uninhibited by their zoning?

port_logo_zpse982ce58.png

Thanks for your time.

Stay casual,

- Essee Cross

Like the others but not ^ this one... too Power centric... but great work.

Watch out for the stampede when our zone gets reallocated. That would be worse than putting a bucket of money in the middle of the SNAFL club directors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey KT,

I'm a master cook, and I was wondering if you had the recipe for Dirges kickin' chimarok chops? The reason I ask you this is because I know you completed the legendary quest to acquire Sulfuras, the hand of ragnaros, which requires you to learn the recipe.

Thanks in advance,

Feel.

Keith, is it possible to change the club's constitution so that any member who posts a proposed new club logo on an internet forum has their membership instantly revoked and is banned from all matches for five years?

Dear Mr Casual Keith,

May I call you Casual?

Sorry Mr Keith that was disrespectful.

My question is, How does one extricate onself from a headlock when the person holding you in said headlock is a clear foot and a half taller than you?

Fondest regards,

Eddie Dingle.

Keith, is it possible to change the club's constitution so that any member who posts a proposed new club logo on an internet forum has their membership instantly revoked and is banned from all matches for five years?

Please amend your post to include club nickname and song.

Is there any possibility of changing the 15 registered top up players during the year? Two issues with it are:

It seems tough that no-one playing in the reserves not in the 15 (ie. the academy) has any chance of playing league that year. This would seriously effect their motivation having no chance of promotion and become a bit farcical if a reserves player is dominating and the league team is struggling with form/injuries.

There’s also a problem with position, especially the ruck. Parts of this year the Power only had one fit ruckmen (who was in the AFL team obviously) which meant none would have been available for the Magpies. Assuming there’d only be one if any ruckmen in the 15 top up players so what happens if he is also injured? Would leave the Magpies a shambles and compromise their ability to compete. The same situation could foreseeably arise for Key Position players.

Hi Keith
We are all stoked with you turning the club around
My concern is with the new stadium deal
Apparently we only made $160,000 off of 45,000 attendance at our last home game
Will this change at AO ?

Hi Keith
We are all stoked with you turning the club around
My concern is with the new stadium deal
Apparently we only made $160,000 off of 45,000 attendance at our last home game
Will this change at AO ?
KT are you a football guy or a business guy?

How can we survive financially?

What is the strategy as the business guy to find a way to fill a large profit hole?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back