Port THIS week ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Port next week

my point is that they aint some little shitty company, its a ****ing business that wants to pour money into a proud club like the PAFC.

Good on em

I think what you are trying to say is that you approached big companies (like Samsung), they turned you down, so you got stuck with MyATM

We are the PAFC. Australia's most successful club
Hahaha.
They are poor. Your club is poor.

People associate your club's brand with being poor. It was the appropriate choice.
This.

Your club is an absolutely shitty mess, off-field. You're back there with the likes of other charity cases North Melbourne, Melbourne and Richmond.

Melbourne's turning it around, however; you guys will get left behind soon enough.

The SANFL has never been any where near the VFL strength at any stage. How do you reason that. Adelaide has and always will be an 'outpost' on the edge of no where. It has never been any where near Melbourne's size nor did it have the country leagues like Victoria to provide it with players. Melbourne clubs have always been stronger than SA clubs regardless of Rep football.

And yet somehow Port managed to win the Club Championship of Australia title four times (record) against VFL Premiership teams. Even Norwood, West Adelaide and North Adelaide won the title over VFL premiership teams! If the SANFL "has never been any where near" the strength of the VFL how on earth did this happen?!

It burns doesn't it?!:D

And FWIW I reckon it will be a very close game this week. Both teams had good wins last week so it will be very interesting to see who can back it up. We have a good record against you guys so I'm feeling confident of a win, but it won't be an easy one.

And yet somehow Port managed to win the Club Championship of Australia title four times (record) against VFL Premiership teams. Even Norwood, West Adelaide and North Adelaide won the title over VFL premiership teams! If the SANFL "has never been any where near" the strength of the VFL how on earth did this happen?!

It burns doesn't it?!:D

And FWIW I reckon it will be a very close game this week. Both teams had good wins last week so it will be very interesting to see who can back it up. We have a good record against you guys so I'm feeling confident of a win, but it won't be an easy one.
You say that like you think we care.
If the SANFL was that great, we'd be talking about how Essendon's VFL and VAFA flags should count... we're not.

Only 2 of those "tournaments" were played outside of South Australia. Now, I'll take a guess and say that the bus trip or the train ride to Adelaide would've been a great excuse to piss up after the season. Perhaps Port Adelaide couldn't afford the train ride to Melbourne even back then?

For such a terrible and poor club, from such a backward, small isolated town of goat farmers, with no history/ or from a sub standard comp depending on which disingenuous arguement you are trying to make, how do you explain the last 11 matches?

You say that like you think we care.
If the SANFL was that great, we'd be talking about how Essendon's VFL and VAFA flags should count... we're not.

I'm sure you don't, but that doesn't make it any less true. And I'm not saying that the SANFL is greater than the VFL, but for a long period in history it was at least equal (maybe even more so). Inevitably of course the VFL (same number of teams but with triple/quadruple the population behind them) eventually get bigger and richer and hence the best players from interstate came for the money, and thus placed it onto the road towards becoming the AFL. Thus the VFL didn't become the premier competition because it was a better standard, you just had more of this....$$$$$.

Port by 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 2 of those "tournaments" were played outside of South Australia. Now, I'll take a guess and say that the bus trip or the train ride to Adelaide would've been a great excuse to piss up after the season. Perhaps Port Adelaide couldn't afford the train ride to Melbourne even back then?

Sort of like how every AFL grand final is played at the MCG? Hypocrisy.

They were going to play for the Club Championship of Australia, the highest honour at the time and the closet thing to a national premiership. The piss-up couldn't wait until the train ride home? Please. Weak excuse. You don't hear interstate teams that have lost the GF going "oh but we had to travel and there was free booze on the plane".

Port by 19.

Why the need to argue against documented historical facts? Why didn't anyone comment on my thoughts on this weeks game?;)

Quick recap....Close game imo, who can back last weeks win, Port for mine, but not by much.

I'm thinking 19.

Port are going so well they have to cover most of the seating at AAMI for their home games with massive jumper banners drapped across the seating to disguise their pittiful home crowds... and they're winning games as well which is even more disturbing that they still have to do this, imagine if they had a 0-6 record like the Crows - would anybody turn up?

Be interesting to see how they go tomorrow in front of an actual decent crowd...

Equal or even more?
Equal or even higher?

Yeah that one! You got what I meant though.
It's hard to judge exactly who was better at any particular point in history. If only they played a game between the VFL premier and the SANFL premier to find out...:p

Port by 19

Port by 12. Really not sure tho. They've had some good form this year, but they had horror show performances last year, we've had both in the last fortnight. If Winderlich gets a bit of run going, we can win. If he's off again, we'll lose, and lose big.

Port are going so well they have to cover most of the seating at AAMI for their home games with massive jumper banners drapped across the seating to disguise their pittiful home crowds... and they're winning games as well which is even more disturbing that they still have to do this, imagine if they had a 0-6 record like the Crows - would anybody turn up?

Be interesting to see how they go tomorrow in front of an actual decent crowd...

Do you mean like to Showdown crowd we had last week where we kicked 6 goals to 1 in the final term? Will there even be over 40,000 at Eithad this week? C'mon don't have a go at crowd numbers, that's the cheapest trick out of the camry crows supporters guide. You're better than that.

Port by 19.

Do you mean like to Showdown crowd we had last week where we kicked 6 goals to 1 in the final term? Will there even be over 40,000 at Eithad this week? C'mon don't have a go at crowd numbers, that's the cheapest trick out of the camry crows guide to the galaxy. You're better than that.

You are always clearly going to get around 40,000 for a Adelaide Crows home Showdown game in a two team town when it is the SA version of a mini-Grand Final...

What about the pittiful crowds in home games against North Melbourne, Brisbane Lions & St Kilda so far this year? "It was too cold" , "Too wet" , "Too windy" , "The Saturday 2:40pm game is a really inconvenient time for the game" etc etc are some of the excuses I've heard already...

They'll be 30-35,000 there tomorrow at Docklands for the game and the difference will be, even though we haven't been travelling that flash, they will be there week in, week out. We had 61,000 to our home game last week when we had been embarrassed in our previous two games and Hawthorn weren't travelling much better either...

A one-off exhibition game after the season is over determines nothing.

The UEFA Champions League winners play the UEFA Cup winners in the UEFA Super Cup. Usually the substandard UEFA Cup team win it because it's a novelty game that means nothing and the better team barely even tries.

That's what the SANFL is. A novelty.

Sort of like how every AFL grand final is played at the MCG? Hypocrisy.

They were going to play for the Club Championship of Australia, the highest honour at the time and the closet thing to a national premiership. The piss-up couldn't wait until the train ride home? Please. Weak excuse. You don't hear interstate teams that have lost the GF going "oh but we had to travel and there was free booze on the plane".

Port by 19.

You're really trying hard to cling onto the legitimacy of this post-season trip for Victorian teams.

You're really trying hard to cling onto the legitimacy of this post-season trip for Victorian teams.
I've never heard a word out of Essendon talking about our 1893 title.

I bet we've thrown it in the trash given the complete insignificance of it. No place in our trophy room for novelty championships.

You are always clearly going to get around 40,000 for a Adelaide Crows home Showdown game in a two team town when it is the SA version of a mini-Grand Final...

What about the pittiful crowds in home games against North Melbourne, Brisbane Lions & St Kilda so far this year? "It was too cold" , "Too wet" , "Too windy" , "The Saturday 2:40pm game is a really inconvenient time for the game" etc etc are some of the excuses I've heard already...

They'll be 30-35,000 there tomorrow at Docklands for the game and the difference will be, even though we haven't been travelling that flash, they will be there week in, week out. We had 61,000 to our home game last week when we had been embarrassed in our previous two games and Hawthorn weren't travelling much better either...

I didn't say that Port crowds are bigger than Essendon crowds. You were wondering how Port would cope in front of a big crowd, and I was simply stating that they crowd we played in front of last week will probably be bigger than the one we play in front of this week.

So I don't think it will be an issue. That is all.

Port by 19.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back