Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If rather not wear it in 2020 than agree to never wear it again.

We should just publicly come out and state that we want to wear it 2020 but won't be blackmailed.

Make them say no if we won't sign it and point out how petty they are.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good result imo.

The only reason the post 2020 ability to wear it, is so strongly against from the AFL, is that they don't want us to start trying to make it our Guernsey permanently, and that's fine and fair as it should never be our full time Guernsey.

However if we request another 1 off in 2021 and every subsequent year, I'm confident the AFL and Collingwood would allow it. We just wouldn't do it that regularly as it would devalue the sale price of the one-off Guernsey auctions.

So how were we allowed to wear it for a final in 2014 and organise it at the 11th hour?
Because Eddie didn't get the chance to work on Gil long term.

The whole 150 year celebration and wanting to wear our iconic uniform has been a long time coming. So Eddie has had lots of opportunities to whinge in Gil's ear about it.

McGuire is a racist POS who makes light of people with disabilities. Why is this person is allowed to dictate anything is beyond me. Anyway, not an ideal result but I'd take wearing it in our home Showdown and against at home on a Friday night FTA game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd still like to know why Eddie even has a say? All jumpers are owned by the AFL. The only people we should have to negotiate with is the AFL. This needs to be made clear to whoever is in charge once Eddie goes.

but not beyond 2020. Will likely be worn in both Showdowns.

Let's hope this is just sloppy reportage from Derrwayne, and not an AFL official statement. I mean it could be a genius-level deliberate shizen stirring move but what are the chances out of Roostercracker himself, eh?

So let's for a moment assume it's Eddie attempting to end run our PB into oblivion yet again, with his hand yet again up Gil's cloaca.

I'd simply reject the current offer, and counter offer to wear the PB only once, for the home Showdown, in exchange for explicitly rejecting any open ended clauses post-2020 clauses, in perpetuity.

We have a negotiating position it's up to us to use it - retreat strategically to a strong defensive position where our opponent feels that if they push us any further they are mostly damaging themselves. From that position the question is "what do we want to achieve with this war?". If locking in the PB as "a Port associated thing" for the next generation is the aim, to make sure it is in the minds of our youngest supporters, we're just about there, in part thanks to unreasonable pushback drawing attention to it. The next biggest thing we can aim for is to permanently break Eddie's extraordinary assumption of veto power. Not for "the right to wear PB as we want" but "to extinguish the right of any club to veto another club's use of their own historical branding(s)".

And since I'm on my fourth coffee and am fully piqued off... what stops the club producing a reversible jersey with a full heritage style PB on the *inside*? Expensive, but so are most historical monuments. No sponsor or AFL logos necessarily required (as the AFL don't own the PB AFAIK) but maybe a subtle little Est. 1870 somewhere. In 2014 we got a full set done in a week, we could do this op( in complete stealth apart from this fantasy post lol). To run around any AFL demand that we don't auction the player worn versions post game we "pre-donate" them to a Port-community affiliated charity who auctions them off. Lets see the AFL and Eddie go tackle a charity.

It's not about the money.

#turnoutyourshirts #established1870 #nomorecoffeeforthisbloke

why would we not push to wear it for both showdowns every year. * me this is not a good result. * gil * eddie. I didn't hate collingwood before but now * them top of the hate ladder.

Honestly, I don't think this is a victory.

We're just being placated by the AFL, and the club. I reckon the club would even be rolling their eyes having to ask the AFL for it.

I just hope we don't see that blue and white hooped monstrosity. Or that other reddish one we wore. Just don't confuse what is already confused.

If we wear the Prison Bars in showdowns, it will guaranteed that it will not be on FTA. (Not that it ever is, but this will doubly confirm it).
George Fiacchi in his Dwayne's World interview of 18 June said that the club has requested to wear the blue and white hoops against Carlton (presumably on Saturday 24 May).

In defence of the current admin, they’ve been pushing very hard for the right to wear it beyond 2020. Unfortunately, a former club CEO (I think we all know who) signed away a lot of stuff to Collingwood which is now a big stumbling block.

In exchange for what?

I can't remember Collingwood ever doing us any favours.

The admin needs to come clean and tell the TRUTH to the members.

It's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back