PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
That's right a flog who has supported this club for 45 years, but you can post factually incorrect dribble, when you are corrected you resort to name calling .
Quoting something Roger James allegedly said to support your argument and then referring to him as a legend of the club.
DELUSIONAL.
Definition of delusional? Not rating any Power players achievements in the clubs history....

You sir, NFI.

I never said anything factually incorrect. You are subaru levels of absolute drivel, making up an argument and running with it, frothing at some stupid misconception that I am in some way against Port Adelaide.

And LOL 'allegedly'

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Fact is that we now have supporters in their 20’s who have no real link towards the prison bars. Theyve seen us wear it 3 times. I can understand completely that we have a portion of the supporter base who could not care less if we wear the prison bars or not. Doesnt mean they dont respect the history, just means they prefer what we wear now
Exactly, and it doesn't make them any less of a fan than us.

And in a decade we'll have fans who relate to the V only...

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
... could go hand in hand with a logo update (monogram potentially)...
Tah-dah!!
Port%2BAdelaide%2BFC%2B%2528Club%2529.jpg

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I love how manky this is.
It is a prototype, rather than a logotype. You must imagine how it would look if made by someone with talent. :)

Personally, I am proud of it!

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fact is that we now have supporters in their 20’s who have no real link towards the prison bars. Theyve seen us wear it 3 times. I can understand completely that we have a portion of the supporter base who could not care less if we wear the prison bars or not. Doesnt mean they dont respect the history, just means they prefer what we wear now

There was an entire generation of South Sydney supporters who only saw their club fighting off wooden spoons year on year. Yet the slogan “Pride Of The League” remained meaningful to them because club legends and older supporters passed down the stories and traditions of that club. It resonated with them enough that they first fought off attempts to merge them with rivals, and then take to the streets to fight a giant media organisation for the club’s survival, so these traditions were there to hand down to their kids in the future.
It’s up to the club, it’s legends, and it’s older supporters to ensure the traditions, heritage and iconic images of Port Adelaide resonate with younger fans.
Just because these fans have grown up with a different jumper doesn’t mean they’d have an aversion to the bars.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
and we argue in circles all we like about guernsey designs. The real barrier to growth is the onfield shitshow we've been for most of the last 15 years. Except for the false dawn of 6/7 years ago why the * would any of the unaffiliated what to join that rolling circus of underachievement

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Definition of delusional? Not rating any Power players achievements in the clubs history....

You sir, NFI.

I never said anything factually incorrect. You are subaru levels of absolute drivel, making up an argument and running with it, frothing at some stupid misconception that I am in some way against Port Adelaide.

And LOL 'allegedly'

Not rating any Power players because I said James is not a legend of the club ?
What a stupid comment.
No wonder you are getting stuff all support on here.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I dont like anything that says "this would be ideal" and then picture says that the Prison bars we wore in 2014 aren't our home strip.
I like how a thread about us wearing our traditional Prison Bars guernsey has morphed into yet another "post your favourite prison bars inspired guernsey" thread.

Not saying that some of the designs aren't sexy though. Especially where the white of the PBs is replaced by a very faint, almost white, silver.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Not rating any Power players because I said James is not a legend of the club ?
What a stupid comment.
No wonder you are getting stuff all support on here.
I saw your list, missing any recent player, you sure you aren't one of those Port supporters who was against the Power?

I'm getting more support than you, it's not my fault you can't read.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Just you wait, I wouldn't put it beyond us to do something stupid and change again....

For a club with some of the best guernsey's we also have the worst ones too... I think the time period of the move into the AFL is somewhat a cause of some of the cringey stuff though.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Ray Morgan data is so horribly flawed.

Aside from the obvious Sydney trash figure, just looking at the 2 SA teams and the immediate impression I get is that people are passively selecting the Crows but actively selecting Port. The conversion rate of "supporters" to "members" is outrageously high for Port compared to Crows and most likely isn't representative of reality.

Of course it's not surprising that the fraudulent SMA would use a fraudulent survey to screw over Port.
It makes sense...
If I didn't like footy, I would probably have picked the Crows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back