RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Guys like Roger James & Josh Francou were the last of the SANFL guys with that ingrained hatred of the Magpies, I can overlook it with those guys it's almost like they had to rationale it that way to themselves to function.
Add Dew to that list. I'm a bit like you. They don't talk much about Port and if it helps them reconcile things in their mind, then so be it. But they don't talk about them being Port Adelaide thru and thru like Ginever or Tredrea. I don't reckon I have heard Francou or James talk about it publicly since those original comments.

I suspect they reckon its better just to shut up after the 2010 ONE Club merger and then September 2013 full reunification.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FishingRick04

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently only Magpies players from yester year are...

Nevermind Tredrea, Wanganeen etc etc

Disgraceful.
I’d put them as great players not legends.

Only one premiership with a hint of under performances (as a team) stops them from being legends.

You’re doing well tonight on the troll action of Port supporters.

Duckimus Prime

All Australian
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wait now we're suggesting that a guy that didn't earn a single All Australian selection, or a single BnF, didn't qualify for life membership of the club is a legend of the club?

James was a good player, but legend of the club he isn't. And the fact that you're suggesting he is, just shows up the lie behind the claims of your username.

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls

Only one premiership with a hint of under performances (as a team) stops them from being legends.

Yeah only one Premiership, the AFL one, yeah no biggie, Premiership Captain, 4 straight AA, yeah nothing...

Laughable.

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
James was a good player, but legend of the club he isn't. And the fact that you're suggesting he is, just shows up the lie behind the claims of your username
I hold our 2004 Premiership very highly, if he wasnt there on the Prelim it may well not have happened.

Pretty sure the club holds 04 pretty highly too...

If you wanna suggest something about my username being something of a lie best you just straight STFU.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Tredders probably deserves to be called a Port Adelaide Legend.
8 time leading goal kicker
4 BnF
4 AA
1 AFL Flag
Premiership Captain
1 SANFL Flag (PRE AFL)
AFL Leading Goal Kicker (3rd All Time PAFC Goal Kicking)
AFL Hall OF Fame

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Tredders probably deserves to be called a Port Adelaide Legend.
8 time leading goal kicker
4 BnF
4 AA
1 AFL Flag
Premiership Captain
1 SANFL Flag (PRE AFL)
AFL Leading Goal Kicker (3rd All Time PAFC Goal Kicking)
AFL Hall OF Fame
Just get rid of probably.... If a HOF inaugural AFL Premiership Captain isn't held in high regards here, there's some absolutely disgraceful supporters here.

Pt Augusta Power

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’d be happy to see the back of teal. Teal is s**t. I am one who wouldn’t have minded a version of the PB carried into the AFL in 97 rather than the SBS s**t, complete departure from Port we were served up.

BTW- Roger James is a legend. Maybe not in the same way Tim Ginever is a legend but... he’s still a legend.

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I’d be happy to see the back of teal. Teal is s**t. I am one who wouldn’t have minded a version of the PB carried into the AFL in 97 rather than the SBS s**t, complete departure from Port we were served up.

BTW- Roger James is a legend. Maybe not in the same way Tim Ginever is a legend but... he’s still a legend.
I agree, but I think changing again for the umpteenth time is beyond embarrassing too.

It would have been nice to see a PB variant in 97.

We've had way to many in a short time.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Guys like Roger James & Josh Francou were the last of the SANFL guys with that ingrained hatred of the Magpies, I can overlook it with those guys it's almost like they had to rationale it that way to themselves to function.
I can't, ungrateful campaigners would have been nothing had it not been for the real legends of the club that got us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom