Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this is just a person who has made off-colour, stupid jokes that have gone down poorly. I think it’s insane to unironically believe that he walks around harbouring intense hatred of races and people with disabilities. But it’s 2019 and what do I know.
True, but he is the currently the enemy. In the context of this thread, he deserves all the criticism for those remarks and others.

On at least 5 separate occasions. He may not have an intense hatred but at some point after bad judgement after bad judgement you have to question what he is thinking exactly.
He is not thinking at all! That's the problem.

We have to be careful not to confuse the younger supporters that support the afl side. They have grown with the back in black jumper. Sometimes bringing out the old politics of the prision bars will cause unnecessary against for them. One off celebrations are perfect. Appease us older supporters and satisfy the younger ones. Remember the young ones only know black and white as the enermy, collingwood. We will never get the prision bars back for all games. I really like our back in black tops, if no prision bars, its a good alternative, its a tough top
Lol wut, I'm too young to know of a 1st team port side wearing the PBs. But * me dead if i don't want it to be our main strip. Same would go for all of my port mates my age. Its the guernsey are club is most tied too, its also a better looking guernsey from a looks point of view too.

* just accepting what the AFL, SANFL or whoever choose to allow.

The Port Adelaide I grew up supporting said * you to the competition it had played in for 120 years because it had pride and ambition.

Does this Port Adelaide have that same pride? Have we got the same courage?
Want to make your community proud Keith and David? Here's a rolled gold opportunity. Line in the sand, no posturing, no apologising.

Want to make your community proud Keith and David?
I don't agree with "making our community proud" being in the club slogan. But bringing back the Prison Bars would be one way of appeasing the supporters and it doesn't even involve winning football games.

We have to be careful not to confuse the younger supporters that support the afl side. They have grown with the back in black jumper. Sometimes bringing out the old politics of the prision bars will cause unnecessary against for them. One off celebrations are perfect. Appease us older supporters and satisfy the younger ones. Remember the young ones only know black and white as the enermy, collingwood. We will never get the prision bars back for all games. I really like our back in black tops, if no prision bars, its a good alternative, its a tough top
Stupidest thing I've read on the internet this year.

Not only is it clear you're not a Port supporter, I now have doubts you've ever actually met one

OK, a slightly different take on how younger fans might identify with our different guernseys. Grandson (6) questioned why I was wearing a Collingwood jumper to the game last weekend. I explained about the (real) Magpies and he had no trouble grasping our historic identity. So much so, he wanted to go out to Alberton for the Maggies game, and to get his own PBs, but sadly the weather was against us.

Stupidest thing I've read on the internet this year.

Not only is it clear you're not a Port supporter, I now have doubts you've ever actually met one
Have you ever thought that not everybody at port adelaide want pb all the time, and are supporters of other sanfl, clubs like centrals, woodville, that wouldnt be caught dead supporting adelaide, so support port adelaide. There would be 50% of the supporter base like this. They respect the port adelaide history, but are happy with current history and enjoy the players playing in back in black.

Most on here are rusty old people, that cant accept change and are just whingers, about the coach, and think port should have won 5 flags already, and its the management, coaches and certain players fault. Ffs

That's pretty average of you all to jump on people that don't necessarily follow or care about the Magpies....

There are s**t loads in that boat. If you only think a Port fan has to be a Magpies fan, * we are in deep s**t long term.

Pretty narrow minded view to suggest its the be all and end all for all fans. As Kochie said, you need to grow the brand, SANFL is irrelevant for youth of today.

As for this deal... It's stupid. Heard never again before though...

That's pretty average of you all to jump on people that don't necessarily follow or care about the Magpies....
I honestly can't comprehend how anyone can call themselves a PAFC supporter yet not care about our reserves team or the club's history. But then I don't really get the theatre goer "supporters"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever thought that not everybody at port adelaide want pb all the time, and are supporters of other sanfl, clubs like centrals, woodville, that wouldnt be caught dead supporting adelaide, so support port adelaide. There would be 50% of the supporter base like this. They respect the port adelaide history, but are happy with current history and enjoy the players playing in back in black.

Most on here are rusty old people, that cant accept change and are just whingers, about the coach, and think port should have won 5 flags already, and its the management, coaches and certain players fault. Ffs
Second stupidest thing I've read on the internet this year

Why is any of this relevant to your statement that wearing the guernsey will confuse the children?

50% of our supporters support other sanfl clubs? The club has done research into this and you're out by about 40%

I honestly can't comprehend how anyone can call themselves a PAFC supporter yet not care about our reserves team or the club's history. But then I don't really get the theatre goer "supporters"
Well if you keep that mindset you'll be following the Tassie Power.

The Magpies will be gone too.

Pretty simple concept.

50% of our supporters support other sanfl clubs? The club has done research into this and you're out by about 40%
So they ticked a box?

Do you think of the several hundred thousand Port fans out there, that they actually check Magpies games?

Bigfooty posters aren't the average fan.

People respect the past, but lets embrace the future, like others have said, if we concentrate on the past there will be no future

Well if you keep that mindset you'll be following the Tassie Power.

The Magpies will be gone too.

Pretty simple concept.
I actually want the Magpies to go and for our reserves to play in an AFL Reserves comp. The sooner the SNAFL dies the better.

Not sure how you see that resulting in the PAFC being relocated to Tasmania.

The simple concept I can see is that you and your mate Adds76 are trolls.

Not sure how you see that resulting in the PAFC being relocated to Tasmania.

The simple concept I can see is that you and your mate @Adds76 are trolls.
Yeah ok, seen my username??? Not overly bright are you.

If someone doesn't agree with you they are a troll?

If you cant understand that going forward we need to grow the brand otherwise the club will continually get worse well you are beyond help.

But hey, because 20k die hard sit in the rain and watch the s**t show every week, that's ok?

a rich affluent supporter ought to take this to court and see what they decide, meaning you take the angle that Collingwood being an equal member of the AFL 18 clubs has not right to determine what another clubs wears, that is solely upto the AFL. That way you automatically can disregard Collingwood in any future negatiations, as it should be
Do we have any of those?

So they ticked a box?

Do you think of the several hundred thousand Port fans out there, that they actually check Magpies games?

Bigfooty posters aren't the average fan.
I'm talking about members being surveyed not bigfooty posters. Most Port supporters I know wouldn't know it existed. It's just a shitposting forum for the noisy minority.

I was also responding to the assertion that wearing the bars is confusing to young people. It's insulting the intelligence of Port supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back